• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Wow didn't mean to start an argument guys, I was just pointing out something that I find annoying and bothersome. Isn't that what we're always told we're supposed to do? If something bothers us we point it out or tell the person. I wasn't trying to start ****.
It wouldn't be an issue if the smug king himself toned down his smugginess a bit and addressed us lowly troublemaking users with an explanation and apology.

Reactions: Dan

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The problem is the person doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone if it interferes with their fun or pisstakes. so PMing them and being nice isn't an option at all.
Then they have the right to not give "a rats ass" about anyone. That's their choice. It's not against the rules at all. It just makes them disagreeable towards you.

Let me tell you a little story. During the beginning of my time here. I could not stand @Deus. I thought he was despicable. He sometimes derailed my threads a bit. He was a constant presence of negativity within me being here. I'm pretty sure he couldn't really stand me either. I actually think that he intentionally did things just to piss me off, and I believe I did the same to him. However, the minute I became aware that nothing I could do could ever change his mind, and his mine. We became quite close actually. We actually have changed many of our ideals in slight ways as well, and we didn't even know it. Fast forward to now. I am now proud to call @Deus my friend. We still disagree a lot. We still have different ideals. Yet we had a lot more in common than we initially thought we did. I even like him as well, because we have different ideals. He's a great rival, and a great person to argue with to keep my Zelda Wit sharp.

I remember a similar thing as well happening with @the8thark as well.

Disagreements are parts of us. Whether it be they post pictures that make us sick, or if you don't like their ideals. Some of my favorite members here I have come to met due to disagreements. It's just a part of life.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Then they have the right to not give "a rats ass" about anyone. That's their choice. It's not against the rules at all. It just makes them disagreeable towards you.

Let me tell you a little story. During the beginning of my time here. I could not stand @Deus. I thought he was despicable. He sometimes derailed my threads a bit. He was a constant presence of negativity within me being here. I'm pretty sure he couldn't really stand me either. However, the minute I became aware that nothing I could do could ever change his mind, and his mine. We became quite close actually. We actually have changed many of our ideals in slight ways as well, and we didn't even know it. Fast forward to now. I am now proud to call @Deus my friend. We still disagree a lot. We still have different ideals. Yet we had a lot more in common than we initially thought we did. I even like him as well, because we have different ideals. He's a great rival, and a great person to argue with to keep my Zelda Wit sharp.

I remember a similar thing as well happening with @the8thark as well.

Disagreements are parts of us. Whether it be they post pictures that make us sick, or if you don't like their ideals. Some of my favorite members here I have come to met due to disagreements. It's just a part of life.

Well i read the rules and dan has actually broken one of them i'd say two but the first one isn't really specific.

their actions come under the trolling and baiting, they know what they did would elicit a negative response especially after the post removal then mid argument deliberately posted yet another image that would elicit a negative response. I'd say the Respect others rules but clearly you and others have different meanings of that word "RESPECT"

Reactions: Pen

Dan

In all seriousness It takes 4 seconds to remove content you personally as an individual find disturbing with the use of your ad-blocker. Alternatively you can unfollow me if you no longer wish to see images I post to the front page.
Just because a few individuals view something as disturbing doesn't mean that everyone else should, there are options the individual can take to hide content that they personally deem offensive.

I've never had this mentality where I need to force everyone else to dislike or remove what I find unacceptable. If I'm playing a game of Team Fortress 2 online and I find a player to be in my eyes a douche bag I'll ignore him rather than using the tool to global mute him from the server. Some servers hate people playing their terrible dub step down their cheap Tesco microphone, others love it, I personally hate it but again I'm not going to force my individual desires onto others, even if I do see dubstep as offensive. That's where my respect comes from. ;)

People should have the freedom to view what they desire, not what others desire for them.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
In all seriousness It takes 4 seconds to remove content you personally as an individual find disturbing with the use of your ad-blocker. Alternatively you can unfollow me if you no longer wish to see images I post to the front page.
Just because a few individuals view something as disturbing doesn't mean that everyone else should, there are options the individual can take to hide content that they personally deem offensive.

I've never had this mentality where I need to force everyone else to dislike or remove what I find unacceptable. If I'm playing a game of Team Fortress 2 online and I find a player to be in my eyes a douche bag I'll ignore him rather than using the tool to global mute him from the server. Some servers hate people playing their terrible dub step down their cheap Tesco microphone, others love it, I personally hate it but again I'm not going to force my individual desires onto others, even if I do see dubstep as offensive. That's where my respect comes from. ;)

People should have the freedom to view what they desire, not what others desire for them.

And yet others still haven't managed to break rules, not to mention the fact you don't give a **** about others at all, only about you having fun taking the piss out of anything the think is even remotely funny.

Dan

Before it gets banned I'm going to post as much sarcasm as possible!

Comparing gore to a cluster of holes is a genius comparison that would put experts to shame /s
Any video game featuring a cluster of holes needs to be rated 18+ /s
Any video game featuring spiders should again be rated 18+ due to those with phobias /s
Any pictures of rooms with tight spaces in estate agent magazines should be censored due to those with claustrophobia /s
Becoming a nanny state is a brilliant idea that's worked out so well in the past /s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom