• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have a lot of friends at my school. For once in my life, I'm actually happy, because I have a lot of people I can hang out with and I'm hardly ever alone anymore.

But today I had a revelation. Are they really my friends? I hang out with these guys, we practice together in the halls, we eat lunch together, we go out for beers after a long day. I consider myself to be quite close to them. But how close are they actually to me? I love them to bits, but there are tons of things about myself that I hide from them. For example, ZD. But not just ZD, there are things about my past, and even my present, that I don't feel comfortable telling them. They know next to nothing about me, and I know next to nothing about them. So are they really my friends? Friends are supposed to be people you can count on, people you can share your darkest secrets with. But there are things I can't even imaging telling them. It makes me wonder how many of my "friendships" are genuine, and if I really have any true friends at all at this moment. I shouldn't have to live a lie around them.

I don't know. Just random thoughts I've been having. I wish I could figure this out because it's really bothering me. I love these guys, they're like family to me, but I hide my life from them. Are they really my true friends then? I know they'd be totally understanding about anything I tell them, but idk... I hate living a lie but I still feel like I have to, and I really don't like feeling this way.

They don't have to be your 'true' friends just because you hang out with them. Regular friends are fine and I dont see why you would need to tell them the whole truth about yourself. You're not obligated to. You shouldn't feel the need to.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What exactly is wrong with the whole hole cluster thing? I mean sure they are a little unnerving but worse things have been posted.

Trypophobia is the fear of irregularly spaced holes, can have just a weird tingly feeling, or they could hyperventilate and pass out, it varies from person to person. So yea kinda unfair to use it as a sig where people are forced to see it as they scroll. Also Dan is well known for taking the piss in cases like this and pushes it to the extreme if they can (aka they made a damn sig of it just cuz their post was removed)

Trypophobia is the fear of irregularly spaced holes, can have just a weird tingly feeling, or they could hyperventilate and pass out, it varies from person to person. So yea kinda unfair to use it as a sig where people are forced to see it as they scroll. Also Dan is well known for taking the piss in cases like this and pushes it to the extreme if they can (aka they made a damn sig of it just cuz their post was removed)
The term was coined in 2005 from the Greek τρύπα (trýpa) "hole" and φόβος (phóbos) "fear".[3] Thousands of people say they have the condition.[1] It is not a recognized diagnosis or condition<<< I doubt something that isn't even yet recognized as a real thing will cause anyone or pass out. And I think the whole sig think is supposed to be some sort of joke

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The term was coined in 2005 from the Greek τρύπα (trýpa) "hole" and φόβος (phóbos) "fear".[3] Thousands of people say they have the condition.[1] It is not a recognized diagnosis or condition<<< I doubt something that isn't even yet recognized as a real thing will cause anyone or pass out. And I think the whole sig think is supposed to be some sort of joke

Really your gonna say that. People have physically passed out, that's due to them hyperventilating over the condition. It amounts to a bit of respect Malon i don't come on here and post vulgar images or anything like that because it's gonna cause people distress. Some people on the forums seem to have fun saying F*** you to everyone else and posting things that WILL cause issues for others. Big or Small. As was said during another thread just because they assume they have the right to post doesn't mean they have the right to cause distress to others.

They may think it's fun for them but that "fun" causes problems for others.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
What exactly is wrong with the whole hole cluster thing? I mean sure they are a little unnerving but worse things have been posted.
That is my line of thinking. Yes, they are indeed unnerving. I actually despise unnerving things such as that. It makes me sick to my stomach. However, I think that they have a right to be posted. It is not breaking the rules. So I think they are allowed to be posted.
If someone legitimately has homophobia. Should members not be allowed to show that they are homosexual?

We are allowed to post spiders here. What if someone has arachnophobia?

If people are on the Internet, then they should deal with their fears. If it makes them uncomfortable, then they should privately message the poster and ask them to use spoiler tags. Having a signature as well with said object in spoiler tags, is not offensive to any other person. What shouldn't be done is that these posts should not be outright taken down by a moderator, with no warning, while these posts themselves aren't against the rules.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That is my line of thinking. Yes, they are indeed unnerving. I actually despise unnerving things such as that. It makes me sick to my stomach. However, I think that they have a right to be posted. It is not breaking the rules. So I think they are allowed to be posted.

If someone legitimately has homophobia. Should members not be allowed to show that they are homosexual?

We are allowed to post spiders here. What if someone has arachnophobia?

If people are on the Internet, then they should deal with their fears. If it makes them uncomfortable, then they should privately message the poster and ask them to use spoiler tags. Having a signature as well with said object in spoiler tags, is not offensive to any other person. What shouldn't be done is that these posts should not be outright taken down by a moderator, with no warning, while these posts themselves aren't against the rules.

Funny you mention Arachnophobia seeing as dan not 10 mins ago posted that.

I don't care about the image in spoiler tags but it seems like some people won't have some consideration for others.

Not to be blunt but it comes down to respect Loz.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
There are tons of phobias. That's not a reason not to post things. More than the deletions, the real issue is the complete lack of respect for users mods consider "troublemakers". No idea how I got lumped into that group but hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom