• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Professor Layton Series NO SPOILERS

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I just finish Unwound Future, and it was amazing. It was a great game just like all the others in the series. What were your thoughts about this series?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Wow, I'm suprised I stumbled across this thread. I must confess, I have been a fan of the Professor Layton series, because it is just takes everything all other puzzle games do and tells them to talk to the hand. The story writing and character design/development is simply perfect (well, except for the endings...the endings/overall explanations can be quite absurd). The music is great as well, which matches the mood and art design of the games as well.

The great thing with the storytelling is that you can never tell when there's going to be a big, dramatic plot twist, be it positive, negative, or just downright messed up. You also get to see each character develop and mature quite well in the game. You never know if your ally is against you or if your foe is for you. The puzzles can also be very, very cruel when there's a simple solution...I've learned that the hard way. :P

I've been a fan of the Layton games since Diabolical Box (I have yet to try Curious Village), so you can tell that I've been enjoying them, even though it's been just only two games. So, in closing, Professor Layton is a beast series that not many have learned (yet) to appreciate. :)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I'm still waiting for the release of the dutch version of unwound future (just a few more days...), but I really like the series. It makes puzzles a lot more fun than the standard puzzles in a puzzle book. Other than the puzzles it has a very creative stories, characters and plot twists at just the right moment. I hope Unwound Future will be a fun game, I already heard a lot of positive reviews about it.

What I'm really waiting for though is the newest Professor Layton game they announced...which is a cross over with Phoenix Wright :O. I love the phoenix wright series and a game with both layton and phoenix is the most awesome idea ever :D.

What I'm really waiting for though is the newest Professor Layton game they announced...which is a cross over with Phoenix Wright :O. I love the phoenix wright series and a game with both layton and phoenix is the most awesome idea ever :D.
I just acquired my first Professor Layton game for this reason. I'm not sure how I've never played them before, but if they're going to team up with Phoenix then it's an instant win in my book.

Needless to say, I haven't actually played my new game yet :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom