• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most Useless Item in Zelda Series

Which is the most useless item in Zelda series?

• Giant's knife(OoT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grappling hook(WW)

• Silver Gauntlets(OoT)

• Don Gero Mask(MM)

• Other

• Total voters

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Why is grappling hook on there? It was one of the most useful items in WW. It is used always for getting sea treasures.

But I think it is the telescope from WW, as it is only used at the beginning of the game, and then never used again.

I couldn't decide! so i picked silver gauntlets, simply cause right after you got them you had the golden ones... But now that I think about it, the Goran sword thing would have been much more useless...

I chose the giant's knife, because it is so useless, it probably won't even last to the mini boss of most dungeons, plus i'm pretty sure you can get the biggoron sword at the same point in the game as the giant's knife.
now that i think about it, though, I wish i could change my vote to other, because the horse call was so useless, seeing as you don't get it until after you have warping, causing it to instantly become obsolete. however, unlike the giants knife the horse call could have been useful if there were less warp points or if it was given to you before free warping.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
Probably i'd have to go with the gauntlets, they were very limited in usage, plus the fact you got them so late in the game means you would have to backtrack to use these items and then go back to the main quest which is going to ganon's castle at that point, not a good idea to have a item that good so late, but one i find disconcerning that is not on the list is Naryu's Love that practically did not have much use for a item you could essentially skip and only grab it for completion sake.

H

Hylian

I'm really stuck deciding between giant's knife and ice arrows.

Both are a considerable waste of time, and a poor reward for the work you put into it, save for the fact that the arrows are only limited by your magic meter.

I decided to vote for the Giant's Knife in Ocarina of Time as the most useless item in the series. You buy it, yay, great, you have an extremely powerful weapon! Until you attack with it a couple of times and it destroy's itself. I really didn't see the point in that weapon, especially since if you took the extra time to take part in the Biggoron's sidequest, you got the same weapon that was unbreakable. That fact makes the Giant's Knife the most useless game in the series for my eye's, as not only does it just break after a short amount of useage, but there are other weapons in the game that are exactly the same but don't break.

Although if you were to count the Magic Armour in Twilight Princess as an item, that would be a close contender for the most useless item in the series outside of completing Twilight Princess 100%. It would probably be useful if you could acquire it early on in the game for those gamers that aren't to good at playing the game, however, you don't. By the time you get the Magic Armour, you have already improved your skill at the game greatly, and therefore this item usually becomes void. The majority of the time I get it after I've beaten Ganondorf too...

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Farore's Wind is one of the most useless items. I only used it once to see how it worked and now I don't even bother to collect it. I don't like to stop the game in the middle of a temple, because I later can't remember what I already did or not. It would be easier if you also could use it outside a dungeon so that you have a specific place you quickly want to go to at any time. The slingshot in TP was also useless. You get the bow and arrow very early in the game and there wasn't much you could do with the slingshot before you get the bow and arrow (except for killing a few wall skultulas).

P

pokemainiac

I was going to say Navi, but I suppose her use as a weakness encyclopedia is at least a bit useful. TP versions of Bomblings have no real use, as they're not actually needed, and do nothing throwing bombs or using bomb arrows couldn't achieve. Apart from this though, I reallyt don't know. Perhaps the Slingshot, especially in TP, as apart from the Forest Temple, it's never needed again and in the Goron Mines, it's rendered useless as you get the Hero's Bow.

T

The Wind Fish

The Horse call. I can just walk a bit and blow on horse grass if I want Epona.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I think the All-Night Mask from MM is the most useless.

Thanks for the Piece of Heart.....now what do I do with you? lol

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only useless item I know at this point is the Bomblings of TP. Really, REALLY stupid items that serve no purpose at all. Bomb arrows, bombs, and water bombs can do what bomblings can, and even what they CAN'T do. I also find the Silver Gauntlets to be useless, because the fact that the small gap separating them from the Golden Gauntlets is so small, and the GGs can do whatever the SGs can do really renders the SGs useless. I'm sure that with hover glitching or some sort, you can technically complete OoT without ever obtaining the Silver Gauntlets.

I'm not sure if this'll be counted as "off-topic", but I have to disagree with Smitie. Farore's Wind is one of the more useful (although not the MOST) items in OoT. I'll admit that the puzzles in OoT are no challenge, and backtracking is very easy to do, but many people have time schedules that they can't get around, so stopping in the middle of a dungeon in the exact room that you were in last really helps. FW is even more useful in Master Quest, although I'm not sure that counts as an Ocarina game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom