• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Dark Knight

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
So I got back from the theater at 3 in the morning last night, immediately went to bed, and now I just woke up. This was my first midnight launch movie that I've ever seen... and man was I impressed.

The movie was non-stop from beginning to end, always having an action sequence or an intriguing story portion. I'm honestly not a big fan of super hero movies at all, in fact, I've never even seen most the Marvel or DS comic movies... just Batman. I thought the acting was brilliant. The actor that played Harvey Dent aka Two-Face did an amazing job.

I also think Heath Ledger did an amazing job playing the joker. There were big questions about him coming into this movie, ever since he was first announced for the film. Could he live up to what Jack Nicholson put together in the original Batman title? My answer, yes

I don't know what else to say about this title. I'm not a big movie fan or a critic of movies, but it really was a great movie. I rarely ever leave the theater disappointed, but early this morning, I left the theater very satisfied. Given it was a very Dark movie, it still put a smile on my face.

Anybody and Everybody who is even considering going to see the movie, I highly suggest it. I can't really think of anything bad about the film... other than maybe its length. (2:30). Great movie.

Okay. Two things. 1. Why have I not noticed this thread yet? 2. Why is there only one response?

SPOILERS

When I went to go and see Ironman a couple of months? before Dark Knight, I effin loved it. Best movie I'd seen in a long time, if ever. Months? passed, and I went to go see Dark Knight. I would say at least that Dark Knight was 20 times better than Ironman ever was.

I spent I would say a good 20 hours, listening and watching to the trailers on You Tube for this movie, and hell, I'm listening to Trailer #2 right now, that's how good THE TRAILER was.

I sort of have a hate for those that still say that Jack Nicholson was better than Heath was, because it's just so impossible. I mean even the laugh the Heath did deserves him an Oscar. Seriously.

Joker: You know I kind of went into this movie thinking that he was going to be so sure of himself, like the bad*** villain who has this set agenda to destroy the world, or well, in this case Gotham. He was completely the opposite. When the meeting happened in like the kitchen place, he was stuttering, he was almost afraid of them, and even had to resort to Grenades to get out. Throughout the rest of the movie, he was even really funny at sometimes, like when he was in the truck and Batman was driving around with the string stuff on the wheels and he says, "He missed!" and then the truck completely flips over and he just stumbles out of it. Or when he had the Bazooka out trying to destroy that Armored Truck, and he shoots it, and Batman comes up in his armored car thing, and intercepts it, the camera just goes back to him, and you just hear him say "Hmm", or last when of course he dressed up as a nurse and blew up Gotham Country Hospital. The laugh alone that he has, he should get an Oscar for that thing. And one of my favorite parts in the Interrogation room, when he was being beaten up by Batman, he was funny. I will admit that. And of course, one, if not the most famous part about him, WHY SO SERIOUS? :P

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Not as good as Joker was, but still very interesting. He was so set in Batman Begins, as the hero of Gotham, that he was needed, he would be here. But in this movie, he was literally deciding whether to give up or not. And now Gotham is against him.

Right now, as I'm typing this, Dark Knight has Made $872,902,478 Worldwide. Now granted, it's not Titanic, but I bet you that almost if not every person who saw that movie will be getting it on DVD.

And about the length, it was only two and half hours long, that's not that long compared to something like Lord of The Rings. I mean, most movies now are about two hours long, so what's an extra half an hour? I think people were just so involved with it it seemed long.

That is all. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Okay. Two things. 1. Why have I not noticed this thread yet? 2. Why is there only one response?

SPOILERS

When I went to go and see Ironman a couple of months? before Dark Knight, I effin loved it. Best movie I'd seen in a long time, if ever. Months? passed, and I went to go see Dark Knight. I would say at least that Dark Knight was 20 times better than Ironman ever was.

I spent I would say a good 20 hours, listening and watching to the trailers on You Tube for this movie, and hell, I'm listening to Trailer #2 right now, that's how good THE TRAILER was.

I sort of have a hate for those that still say that Jack Nicholson was better than Heath was, because it's just so impossible. I mean even the laugh the Heath did deserves him an Oscar. Seriously.

Joker: You know I kind of went into this movie thinking that he was going to be so sure of himself, like the bad*** villain who has this set agenda to destroy the world, or well, in this case Gotham. He was completely the opposite. When the meeting happened in like the kitchen place, he was stuttering, he was almost afraid of them, and even had to resort to Grenades to get out. Throughout the rest of the movie, he was even really funny at sometimes, like when he was in the truck and Batman was driving around with the string stuff on the wheels and he says, "He missed!" and then the truck completely flips over and he just stumbles out of it. Or when he had the Bazooka out trying to destroy that Armored Truck, and he shoots it, and Batman comes up in his armored car thing, and intercepts it, the camera just goes back to him, and you just hear him say "Hmm", or last when of course he dressed up as a nurse and blew up Gotham Country Hospital. The laugh alone that he has, he should get an Oscar for that thing. And one of my favorite parts in the Interrogation room, when he was being beaten up by Batman, he was funny. I will admit that. And of course, one, if not the most famous part about him, WHY SO SERIOUS? :P

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Not as good as Joker was, but still very interesting. He was so set in Batman Begins, as the hero of Gotham, that he was needed, he would be here. But in this movie, he was literally deciding whether to give up or not. And now Gotham is against him.

Right now, as I'm typing this, Dark Knight has Made $872,902,478 Worldwide. Now granted, it's not Titanic, but I bet you that almost if not every person who saw that movie will be getting it on DVD.

And about the length, it was only two and half hours long, that's not that long compared to something like Lord of The Rings. I mean, most movies now are about two hours long, so what's an extra half an hour? I think people were just so involved with it it seemed long.

That is all. Sorry for the long post.

I couldn't have said it better than that. A rather long post to be quoting, but oh well.:P

Quite frankly, the movie wouldn't have been near as good if Heath Ledger wasn't the Joker. Everything about the Joker's character was perfectly done. There wasn't one thing that I didn't like about the movie. Which is rare for me to say. 11/10 Epic win.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
TDK was so great I went to it twice. I never go to movies twice unless I'm not paying the second time.

It is a darn shame that Heath Ledger won't be able to evolve his Joker past this movie.

Chidori

Mongrel
Would you all be shocked if I said that I haven't seen it yet?

See the movie or kill yourself. Your life isn't worth living if you do not worship this movie...

But really, it was a good movie but not the best Batman Movie in my opinion. I still liked Batman Returns better as well as the old 60s TV Show and Movie, oh man I loved that show.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I thought that it was a pretty good movie.Best batman yet. The Joker was very destructive. He made the town look messier than my room (and thats messy). Even though the movies are both just as good as each other (almost) Superman is still better. SUPERMAN RULES!!!!!

The Dark Knight is a awesome movie.
Heath Ledger did a kick a** job as the Joker.
Warning Spoilers

The only problem I have with the movie is that they killed Twoface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom