• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
Which
@Ragnarokio
The dispute between KoD and Aaarrgh is interesting. I did notice that Aarrgh's initial post after the vote count seemed to be grasping at straws a bit and the logic didn't really hold up, and we're being told that this is uncharacteristic behaviour for him. I'm feeling inclined to believe KoD here, though I am unfamiliar with most of the NGA playstyles.

I would've been fine with the typo ;)

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
Ugh. Sorry, I did mean to type something before posting. :err:
The conflict is also interesting too me. It seemed out of character for Aaarrrgh to make a weak case, but I also would have expected KoD to tunnel more. My suspicion right now is they are on the same team and orchestrating.

Also.... Nooooo Jay, whyyyy?!!?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.

Killjoy votes Poy
SMS votes funnier
rag votes KoD
Killjoy unvotes
Killjoy votes funnier
sun votes argh
rubik votes rubik
tristan votes rubik
Spiderman votes Ragnarokio
KoD votes Dusky
Minish votes SMS
KoD unvotes
KoD votes Minish
Argh votes KoD
CL votes rag
KoD unvotes
KoD votes asfyniti
Tevish votes rag
Scarlet Spider votes Tevish
Numbers votes Skystone
Dusky votes Numbers
Ex votes Numbers
Hapi votes numbers
Silver vote Funnier
Skystone votes Skystone
Asfyniti votes Asfyniti
Zinger posts Votecount

Rubik claims to not have a vote currently
Tristan claims their votes don't count yet (but votes cast now might start counting later?)
Minish can't control her own vote
Dusky claims not to have a vote currently
CL claims to not have a vote
Tevish claims his vote is worth more against people with higher threshholds
Silver claims to not have a vote

Ragnarokio's Mundane Votecount (assuming everyone has normal votes)
Funnier - 3 (SMS, Killjoy, Silver)
KoD - 2 (rag,argh)
Argh - 1 (sunfan)
Rubik - 2 (Rubik, Tristan)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Spiderman, CL, Tevish)
SMS - 1 (Minish)
Tevish - 1 (Scarlet Spider)
Skystone - 2 (Numbers, Skystone)
Numbers - 3 (Dusky, Ex, Hapi)
Asfyniti - 2 (KoD, Asfyniti)
Not Voting - 5 (Funnier, Naga, Doc, Poyzin, Laur)

Ragnarokio's Adjusted Votecount (after applying claimed modifiers)
Funnier - 2 (SMS, Killjoy)
KoD - 2 (rag, Argh)
Argh - 1 (sunfan)
Ragnarokio - 2 (Spiderman, Tevish)
SMS - 1 (Minish)
Tevish - 1 (Scarlet Spider)
Skystone - 2 (Numbers, Skystone)
Numbers - 2 (Ex, Hapi)
Afyniti - 2 (KoD, Asfyniti)
Not Voting - 5 (Funnier, Naga, Doc, Poyzin, Laur)
Voteblocked - 2 (Silverfish, Tristan)

DAY 1: First Vote Count

funnier6 (2):
Spiritual Mask Salesman, Killjoy
KingofDominaria (2): Ragnarokio, Aaarrrgh
Ragnarokio (2): Spider-Man, Tevish Szat
15377 (2): ExLight, Hapi
Skystone (2): 15377, Skystone
Asfinyti (2): KingofDominaria, Asfinyti
Aaarrrgh (1): The Sun Fan
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Morbid Minish
Tevish Szat (1): Scarlet Spider

Not Voting (9): Rubik, funnier6, naga10, Doc, Freddeh, Poyzin, Captan_Lunch, Laurentus, Duskyblue
Voteblocked (2): Silverfish, Mellow Ezlo

This is my (after some corrections) and zinger's votecounts at the time that zinger posted his votecount. I don't think there was any difference in the votecounts themselves, but in zinger's log KoD appeared twice as casting bonus votes (which don't appear on the count) and Killjoy's initial vote on Poy was not counted, which might be a result of him spelling poy's name as Poy Poy.

@Killjoy & KoD: Do you want to explain why your vote is pink, and how your bonus votes function respectively? If you don't feel its in the town's interest to do so then you shouldn't.

@Zinger: Can you explain why killjoy's vote on Poyzin right when the game started wasn't counted?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I think argh's initial post was fair. KoD didn't tell anyone about his vote modifier despite it potentially affecting the vote count. If KoD knew it was going to be public, then he had no reason not to share that it was going to be there ahead of time. Furthermore, the fact that he unvotes after each person votes him does suggest to me that he may have been trying to hide it. I also played in SMM2 but didn't remember that bonus votes were publically counted in that way, so i don't think thats a valid defense.

wanting to hide your bonus votes isn't necessarily scum-indicitive though. As town you could easily think it would be a good idea to keep that information in your pocket, especially considering we still don't know how they function.

My bonus votes function in the way that you're seeing. If someone would vote me, I auto vote them first. When I unvote, they get removed along with my traditional vote if it is out.

Ragnarokio

understood

there's probably reasonable basis to want to hide one's identity in this game, although zinger didn't say as much outright. In SMM2 a lot of the mechanics revolved around finding certain characters

Killjoy votes Poy
SMS votes funnier
rag votes KoD
Killjoy unvotes
Killjoy votes funnier
sun votes argh
rubik votes rubik
tristan votes rubik
Spiderman votes Ragnarokio
KoD votes Dusky
Minish votes SMS
KoD unvotes
KoD votes Minish
Argh votes KoD
CL votes rag
KoD unvotes
KoD votes asfyniti
Tevish votes rag
Scarlet Spider votes Tevish
Numbers votes Skystone
Dusky votes Numbers
Ex votes Numbers
Hapi votes numbers
Silver vote Funnier
Skystone votes Skystone
Asfyniti votes Asfyniti
Zinger posts Votecount

@Zinger: Can you explain why killjoy's vote on Poyzin right when the game started wasn't counted?
I will say the omission of the 4 votes you bolded (which I highlighted yellow for further clarification) was intentional, and not an oversight. There were 6 attempted votes which weren't counted in all—Mellow Ezlo's and Silverfish being the other 2. But unlike Ezlo's and Silverfish's those 4 players you identified are not (at least visibly) Voteblocked. They also weren't identified by me in the Vote Count at all, whereas the two Voteblocked players were. You can read into that however you like; that's all the explanation I can provide at this time.

His initial post was not fair, Rag. The only obligation I had was making sure unnecessary votes were not being thrown around due to some of you voting me (least there be an issue with your thresholds or more got stacked on you guys).

And my mention of ASMM2 was how detailed Zinger tracked votes.

@Arrgh:

Why are you characterizing it that way when that fact would be obvious with Zinger's vote logs? You did play in ASMM2 where votes and unvotes were tracked because of many moving parts.

And that's exactly what Zinger does in ASMM2. Here is no different, especially when one took time to read the rules as has been pointed out.

Ragnarokio

sure but the fact remains i didn't know that so its not a stretch to imagine that you didn't know that

and its then not a stretch to imagine that you were unvoting to prevent people from knowing about your bonus votes instead of unvoting to prevent the bonus votes from being counted

if you were worried about the bonus votes causing problems why not just tell us about them so that people could avoid voting you?

Actually that is a stretch.

And are you saying I didn't take time to read the rules? Because excuse you.

Anyway, the only problem, initially, would've been some of you getting more votes than necessary since some of you like to vote me. Seeing as it was easily fixed by unvoting, there was no need (or obligation, mind you, on my part) to go out of my way and explain something in my role that you would, otherwise, only know about on the surface level (because it became obvious: as Arrgh aptly described in his initial post when he saw it).

We're past that now.

Ragnarokio

sorry KoD i'm not really buying it

to me the fact that you didn't say anything about it beforehand despite apparently actively thinking it might be harmful to the town and apparently working towards reducing the harm it does to town doesn't feel right. I feel like if you were actually worried about your role affecting town then you would have just claimed it. You've claimed it now. Why not claim it earlier? it feels like its something you should have naturally thought of doing and had no reason not to do, so i would have expected you to do it. The fact that you didn't suggests to me that you're lying about your thought process, and although I don't know why you're lying, its probably strong enough to go off for now.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
@KoD: If you know that Zinger maintains a vote record, then you also know that the votes you tried to 'fix' would still appear in the regular tally (as you essentially concede). But you also, therefore, knew that the issue of your bonus votes would still invariably come up, as many of the current players -- myself included -- haven't played the previous SMMs, and thus would be obligated to call you out for the unexplained voting behavior, potentially for the same reasons that Aaarrrgh chose to use.

There is, thus, a reasonable question of why you chose to wait until afterwards to provide an explanation that you knew you would have to provide. One answer to this question is, as Dusky notes, to allow Aaarrrgh to slip in and make a 'mistake'. Another might be negligence. Or, as Rag suggests, perhaps you want to obscure some motivation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom