• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Age, Before?

Is SS going to be more advanced than OoT?

• Yes, there is no doubt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No way

• Total voters

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well in many games lately of Zelda, people have been complaining about too many technological advances, i agree. So I was wondering what if SS is way more advanced than OoT, wouldnt that be odd and really timelining wierd. Cause we know SS is before OoT and we already have a beatle that can fly without fuel, and the most advanced tool in OoT was the hookshot(that has been in many Zeldas before so its nothing soo advanced)

So what do you think Nintendo will make SS less technological than Oot? Yes or no and why?

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Maybe, cuz theres the Beetle and that's some interesting technology. And the Whip is something like that idk. Maybe the people in Skyloft have a little more advanced technology but maybe not, I'm not Nintendo lol!

J

jora

if remember before it was dubbed skyward sword many people were hopping for a industrial revolution type of zelda with some technology but not much, howls moving castle like you could say and it would be a very interesting twist if you ask me.

I think Skyward Sword will have a Minish Cap feel so I don't think there will be much technology thrown in. Even the Wind Temple or w/e it was called in the Minish Cap felt like ruins and magic. I think Skyloft will feel magical, not technologically advanced.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Actually, lightbulbs existed in Ocarina of Time. Colourful, flashy lightbulbs, as a matter of fact. :3 And we can't forget where those flashy lights appeared: in the Bombchu bowling area. Bombchus are pretty advanced if you ask me.

I think that Skyward Sword will have less technology than in Ocarina of Time since it's been confirmed to take place before it. There's always the possibility that the people of Skyloft are like the Terminans and have more advanced technology, but I doubt it. (Perhaps the Beatle was their design? But the Beatle is almost like a flying Bombchu, so ehh...) And I really hope that they're not going down that Wind Waker path again (with cool steamboats and steamtrains! YAY!). I think that they're trying to connect us back to Zelda's roots with magic and all that. I mean, come on, the swords beams are back, right? :D That has to hint something!

David

But you called me here...
Well, I think it doesn't really matter to the story of SS. But it obviously matters to the timeline. But then again, the people of Hyrule could have lost most of the advanced technology... So, it could easily be a toss up. My personal preference would be an explanation for a lot of technology and how the people lost it after time. But, then again, I don't think it really matters.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, SS is before OoT, so it is unlikely. But there is a possibility, and that the technology was lost somehow. Maybe the tech came from Skyloft, and was left there.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I'm thinking it's all just magic. If Link is gonna use a living sword to travel (supposedly) thousands of feet below, then it had better be using magic. Plus it predates OoT, and there was quite a bit of magic in that game as well. Although I guess there is the possibility of the technology being lost and whatnot, like PhantomTriforce suggested.

Hopefully that's not the case though. I wants lots and lots of magic :)

Unless Skyloft works fully with magic, there is no way is not goign to be more technological advanced. In fact I think it would be a nice way to create some diversity between the two worlds. Skyloft could be more technological advanced while Hyrule could be more pirmitive. For been technological advanced, Skyloft doesnt need cellphones and TV stations and small children playing with DS's all over the place, Termina and ST Hyrule where more technolocial advanced but they never lost their magical feel to it. Speaking of technology, havent you noticed that some of Links items are actually pretty technological advanced? The Beetle CAMERA is pretty advanced for me. Porbably is some Skyloft technology of the sort.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Unless Skyloft works fully with magic, there is no way is not goign to be more technological advanced. In fact I think it would be a nice way to create some diversity between the two worlds. Skyloft could be more technological advanced while Hyrule could be more pirmitive The Beetle CAMERA is pretty advanced for me. Porbably is some Skyloft technology of the sort.

You got a nice point in there but isnt WW almost at the end of the timeline? If this is true it would be normal to have advances.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I'm thinking it's all just magic. If Link is gonna use a living sword to travel (supposedly) thousands of feet below, then it had better be using magic. Plus it predates OoT, and there was quite a bit of magic in that game as well. :)

True. But dont know if the sword uses a mechanism or whatever to travel up and down, if the sword is in Skyloft it is because they made it up there or it just appeared there, so yeah they had to use magic but not neccesarily their magic, it could be the goddeses magic. The sword being a girl that has to be magic!

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
It utterly depends. Seeing as there are two split worlds it is possible Skyoft will be moreadvanced then Hyrule in this point in time. However, putting Speculation soely on the beatle won't really do much especially if there is going to be a magic influx in this game.

Nintendo is not letting things slip, It's quiet hard to tell.

Alar

Clothed in Green
Zelda will never really get too advanced so as long as it isn't as advanced as New Hyrule in Spirit tracks, because they had trains and stuff, i'm okay

D

DekuScrub

While it's true that SS takes place before OoT (or at least that's what we've been told), something we have to remember is that Skyloft is the dominion of the Oocoo, who are technologically advanced enough to create cannons and floating cities. To be honest, since I played TP I've had the notion that every piece of technology that doesn't fit in with the rest of the technology in the game was made and delivered by the Oocoo. (The Hookshot, for example)

Maybe Skyloft is like The Legend of Zelda's version of Atlantis so Skyloft's technology will probably be more advanced then Hyrule. Oh I knew maybe something that happens to Atlantis can be something similiar to Skyloft. That would sound great/nice. I pick yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom