• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Owl

~Momentai
@Sadia the whole red and blue thing and duplicate roles is pretty likely with this setup as red and blue are the two team colors in the source material and that Deku said both teams need to work together in the sign-up's flavor text.

Seeing as we have 20 players we probably have 14-16 town split evenly between colors, and the majority of town roles probably have a duplicate on the other team color. A couple TF2 classes are either out of the game or have only one person playing that role for the entire down. Seeing as the TF2 teams are mercenaries with each class having its own characteristics, I think it is likely that this is a role-madness game.

As for Storm, the useful town roles I can think of are vig or cop. Both roles are more useful unclaimed; especially towards the beginning.
If he is a vig, lynching him might prove to be more useful because we are forced to take sides and that will give us insight for the next day. As a vig we might lose 2 town each night unless he has good instincts and guesses the scum.
If he is a cop, He might be more useful down the road if he can investigate and dig up scum during the night scene. Since he doesn't have a killing role, he won't accidentally become a future liability.

I think his making us take sides about whether or not he should be lynched is more useful than whatever his role may be.

vote: Storm

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Yeah. maybe youre right. I mean Most of you guys know I try to tell the truth when I can, but whatever. Love you guys
Unvote
Vote: Storm

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
btw. we are all scum. we are trying to find the calm collected types. the synths aren't going to be scummy, they're going to be robots

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
@Sadia the whole red and blue thing and duplicate roles is pretty likely with this setup as red and blue are the two team colors in the source material and that Deku said both teams need to work together in the sign-up's flavor text.

Oh, yea, I know mate. My point though was that Storm was using this setup to obviously make his claim more believable, after Malon counterclaimed.

I was voting for Storm at first because it was the majority. Then five pages in I actually started to believe it was him, but now I am starting to doubt it, and have no idea who the real mafia is. Guess just time and arguments will tell who is who. I'll revote later.

Hey, one of the funnest parts of mafia is scum hunting, and trying to form an opinion of your own and sharing it. :D Don't wait around for others arguments to tell you who is who. ^^

@A Link In Time @Mido @Ver-go-a-go-go What is your current opinion on whether or not we should lynch Storm? Do you think he's scum? (If you already posted this I'm sorry, must've forgotten.)

@Toxic_Snowman I remember you saying you thought Storm is Town. Therefore, who do you think is the best candidate to lynch today? Don't say no lynch. :P Surely there must be somebody who's caught your eye?

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah. maybe youre right. I mean Most of you guys know I try to tell the truth when I can, but whatever. Love you guys

Mafia is a game if deception. Even the people who are the most honest, truthful and reliable IRL can be big time liars in a Mafia game. So you can really never know for sure. And you cannot use your IRL personality to justify yourself.

Unvote
Uh you lie whenever you can
btw. we are all scum. we are trying to find the calm collected types. the synths aren't going to be scummy, they're going to be robots
M8, they aren't actual robots. They are just as likely to slip up as any mafia member

Mafia is a game if deception. Even the people who are the most honest, truthful and reliable IRL can be big time liars in a Mafia game. So you can really never know for sure. And you cannot use your IRL personality to justify yourself.

This. Pendio himself is a good example actually. He's someone I definitely trust outside of this mafia game, but in here, he's someone I'm keeping an eye on. It's nothing personal against him, if anything it shows respect in a way that I don't take him, or anyone else in this game for that matter, lightly.

That said, I don't see us getting any further on this day, and Storm's lynch is both imminent and makes sense, so I'm going to
now. Not doing it because I hate you, since I don't. If anyone can bring up any arguments about a more worthy candidate, or provide a reason to let the day go on a bit longer, I'll be glad to unvote. Right now I think we've exhausted our leads.

Reactions: Pen

Dan

Hey everyone. I'm sooo sorry for the inactivity, but I've been really busy. My finals are over in a week, so after that my posting should boost up. Till then though, please don't expect much from my end hehe...

I just read through 15 pages of this thread. My brain is mush. XD The game basically shifted to "I hate Storm" to "Who's the real Doc lol?!" to "Is Storm scum?" with a whole bunch of other stuff in there as well lol.

But really though, IS he scum? I'm quite conflicted on the matter myself. Looking at the current vote count, that doesn't seem to matter because he's going to be lynched anyhow. But still, it's good for every single player to state their stance, because after someone flips, it's these exact stances that prove beneficial to Town.

I decided to put together Storm's important posts, just to help myself and maybe everyone else.

Before the claim, he had a lot to say about people voting on him. Either the signs of a jumpy scum, or just a really salty player lol.

After the claim. Calling to unvote. Seemed pretty desperate about it.

Ok, now that we know the red medic claim is completely a lie, this post is important. From a scum's point of view, if I went ahead and fakeclaimed, I would think of ways to make the claim plausible. Naturally someone might've counter claimed, so why not introduce this idea of colours and two medics? Maybe Storm's scumbuds suggested this to him. Anyhow, he's clearly trying to make his claim look more solid here.

Easily said = easily made up.

Ok, now his confession really throws me off. Why on earth would he do this?? As scum, I would've just stuck to the initial thing I claimed. There'd be no point to switch fake claims again all of a sudden. This post makes Storm just look like a really troll type of Town player. Besides, what kind of scum buds would encourage/allow this kind of post??

Then again, look at the new thing he's saying. "I have an important role." How ambiguous is that?? No other info is given, he just said it's important. He would have to make something more believable if he wants everyone to unvote him.

Sigh. Then there's also this. The worst thing about Storm is that he's doing nothing to prove his innocence. From his end, there's just been a lot of nonsense posts (I can post a whole list if you want) and whining (for lack of a better word) that he's going to die. He isn't actually contributing to Town, posting some solid defense for himself, or even scum hunting. He hasn't scum hunted at all. All of this is making it really hard to see him as Town.

So I don't really know, to be honest. All of the signs are screaming that he is a mafioso, but I'm not sure why I have a gut feeling he is Town. I think it's mainly because of this second role he's claiming. You'd have to be a really bad mafia player to make that move while you're scum. But I do actually agree that he will be the best lynch for today. If he turns out mafia, great for us, and if not, we'll look back on our steps and look at what was said today.

The worst part about this whole thing is that now our doctor's out in the open. :/ I know there were talks of Malon being protected by the other medic tonight, but what if she herself is the one protecting on odd nights? Besides, the mafia will end up getting her sooner or later. :(

What does everyone think about this?

I'm glad you asked Sadia as I the worlds greatest Mafia detective have come into the fold like a man swinging his axe on a cold morning.

With Storm it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't Scum. I really like the guy, but he doesn't do the best job at representing himself 100%. Observe the last game he was in and you'll understand my view point. He's probably innocent but I can understand why others would see him as a guilty Pete. We must also remember to observe the other players. I feel last game everyone was eyeing up storm like a woman walking down a street half naked whilst ignoring all the threats around them.

@A Link In Time I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion about this situation as you're usually rather conclusive on such subjects like this.

We must also remember to observe the other players. I feel last game everyone was eyeing up storm like a woman walking down a street half naked whilst ignoring all the threats around them.

I agree, especially seeing as I was Storm's biggest accuser in the last game, which didn't get me or the town anywhere. In an effort to improve on past failings, I have taken notes about most of the players in the game, not all of which I have openly cast my almighty finger of suspicion on yet.

Incidentally, you're one of the players I don't have any notes on, because you haven't said much so far, and nothing you did say was especially noteworthy concering your alignment. Since you call yourself the world's greatest mafia detective, would you like sharing any potential suspects you managed to sniff out so far?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I regret my username this game....

After reading through all of this, I'm sticking to my opinion that Storm wants to be lynched. I don't know why, but he is acting in a way that draws too much attention to himself. I'd imagine that if he was actually scum, he would have eased back once pressure was put on him.

For this reason, I think it's best not to lynch him. This bandwagon is happening extremely quickly and I'm concerned the Mafia is taking advantage of the situation to rush into the night.

After reading through all of this, I'm sticking to my opinion that Storm wants to be lynched. I don't know why, but he is acting in a way that draws too much attention to himself. I'd imagine that if he was actually scum, he would have eased back once pressure was put on him.

For this reason, I think it's best not to lynch him. This bandwagon is happening extremely quickly and I'm concerned the Mafia is taking advantage of the situation to rush into the night.

I'm not getting this impression at all. It's been days since Storm was first named a potential lynch candidate, and as I said, I feel like our options are exhausted for this day. Is there anything you would like to do, anyone you would like to question, before the day is over?

In my eyes we might aswell move on, but I'm willing to let someone convince me otherwise.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Guys, I found the other doctor! ;)

I think we've gathered as much information as we can for today. We might as well move on to the next day. I think that the only person in danger of mafia tonight is Malon, and I find that unlikely because the other doctor (assuming there is one) will almost definitely vote to save him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom