• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'd rather give them one free Night kill than take a risky chance that will almost certainly give them two.

FoS: Toxic

A lynch is always better than a no-lynch on Day 1. Vigilantes aside, our vote is our only chance we have of killing scum. I'd rather not not use it. Why are you so convinced we're going to hit a townie today that you'd advocate a no lynch?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
FoS: Toxic

A lynch is always better than a no-lynch on Day 1. Vigilantes aside, our vote is our only chance we have of killing scum. I'd rather not not use it. Why are you so convinced we're going to hit a townie today that you'd advocate a no lynch?
I was just concerned with short-term affects, rather than long term ones. I've played with Storm last game, and this seems to just be his style, so I felt like it's less Mafia-like and more his personality. That's really the only reason. He is going to be lynched regardless, so I doubt me voting, or me not voting, would influence the majority one way or another.

I didn't really consider the possible chances of getting information from his lynch until Soul brought it up. Sorry for that.

I believe this is Tristan's post that Malon is claiming put pressure on him to roleclaim:

Tristan said:
Then why even bother mentioning it in the first place? If you want people to believe you, you need to back it up.

I can understand why it might seem scummy in hindsight, but it was hard to initially see that there were two possible duplicate town roles at the start of this game, especially with people who are not familiar with Team Fortress 2. Only after someone pointed out Deku's wording in the sign-up thread did people accept the possibility of there being two different doctors. Also, keep in mind this is before Storm revoked his doctor claim and said he has a different role.

That said, Hero did ask for Malon to back up his claim first. Here is the post in question. I don't think it's too unusual for Tristan to be pressuring Hero so hard when he's tried to deflect the suspicion for Malon claiming onto someone else. I'm not sure why Malon is trying to deny that Hero wanted him to provide evidence before Tristan asked.

FoS: Malon, HeroOfTime

Also, I might as well get this out of the way:

Unvote: Mido

EBWODP

Malon, if you are a doctor, why do you trust Hero over Tristan? Your posts seem to heavily imply so. Aren't both players equally likely to be scum? I don't understand what vested interest you have in picking sides. I'm a bit torn about this, just like Pendio was with Storm. It's best to assume an innocent until proven guilty mentality for now, but I can't help but compare your actions to the chaos Storm caused earlier.

I believe this is Tristan's post that Malon is claiming put pressure on him to roleclaim:

I can understand why it might seem scummy in hindsight, but it was hard to initially see that there were two possible duplicate town roles at the start of this game, especially with people who are not familiar with Team Fortress 2. Only after someone pointed out Deku's wording in the sign-up thread did people accept the possibility of there being two different doctors. Also, keep in mind this is before Storm revoked his doctor claim and said he has a different role.

That said, Hero did ask for Malon to back up his claim first. Here is the post in question. I don't think it's too unusual for Tristan to be pressuring Hero so hard when he's tried to deflect the suspicion for Malon claiming onto someone else. I'm not sure why Malon is trying to deny that Hero wanted him to provide evidence before Tristan asked.

FoS: Malon, HeroOfTime

Also, I might as well get this out of the way:

Unvote: Mido
I'm not denying that. It just wasn't his fault that I roleclaimed. I'm thinking it was just a newbie's mistake and not an attempt to make me roleclaim

EBWODP

Malon, if you are a doctor, why do you trust Hero over Tristan? Your posts seem to heavily imply so. Aren't both players equally likely to be scum? I don't understand what vested interest you have in picking sides. I'm a bit torn about this, just like Pendio was with Storm. It's best to assume an innocent until proven guilty mentality for now, but I can't help but compare your actions to the chaos Storm caused earlier.
I trust them both equally, just for different reasons.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Seeing as we have already moved beyond the rvs stage unvote: alit

Going off of what I know about TF2 the town roles likely consist of

Medic: which is probably a doctor.

Spy: which I can see being a cop type role, might know the other spy like a mason.

Sniper: which probably has vigilante powers

Scout: which probably has a role related to being fast. Like a commuter

Pyro : not sure how it would translate to mafia

Soldier : potentially a JOAT

Heavy: perhaps a bullet or lynchproof or maybe a roleblocker

Demoman: another candidate for JOAT

Engineer: perhaps tinkerer or something

Chances are that each role has a modifier that prevents a role from always being able to be used.

I'm not the most familiar with all of TF2s classes or with all of the possible mafia roles, so I'm probably off.

Seeing as we have already moved beyond the rvs stage unvote: alit

Going off of what I know about TF2 the town roles likely consist of

Medic: which is probably a doctor.

Spy: which I can see being a cop type role, might know the other spy like a mason.

Sniper: which probably has vigilante powers

Scout: which probably has a role related to being fast. Like a commuter

Pyro : not sure how it would translate to mafia

Soldier : potentially a JOAT

Heavy: perhaps a bullet or lynchproof or maybe a roleblocker

Demoman: another candidate for JOAT

Engineer: perhaps tinkerer or something

Chances are that each role has a modifier that prevents a role from always being able to be used.

I'm not the most familiar with all of TF2s classes or with all of the possible mafia roles, so I'm probably off.

Pyro could be an arsonist. Other than that, I think you've made some pretty good guesses, but we'll probably know more after the first night anyway.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I was just concerned with short-term affects, rather than long term ones. I've played with Storm last game, and this seems to just be his style, so I felt like it's less Mafia-like and more his personality. That's really the only reason. He is going to be lynched regardless, so I doubt me voting, or me not voting, would influence the majority one way or another.

I didn't really consider the possible chances of getting information from his lynch until Soul brought it up. Sorry for that.

That's fine. No lynches get brought up every game, every day 1 pretty much. I was just fishing.

And yes they are both equally likely to be scum, I'm just not entirely sure that either of them are.

Would you mind elaborating why you think Hero is not scum?

That's fine. No lynches get brought up every game, every day 1 pretty much. I was just fishing.

Would you mind elaborating why you think Hero is not scum?

He just hasn't done anything really that seems scummy to me. The few things he has done just look like the mistakes of someone who's new to mafia. I don't rule out the possibility of him being mafia, just that it doesn't seem likely.

Night Owl

~Momentai
@Night Owl Well that's great and all, but what do you think of Storm?
I'm not entirely certain what to do with him. I do think that because of his fake claim, we might have a confirmed town in Malon. I have my suspicions about his alignment because of his insistence that he is an "important" town role. I think he is still trying to save his own skin after almost becoming the rvs speed lynch.

If he is mafia, then I might look at some of the people more actively accusing him of being scum. They might be scum trying to throw him under the bus. If storm got lynched and flipped scum, they would stand to benefit being among the people who lynched him.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
What makes you think the restriction is odd or even nights specifically?

Just a hunch really. Many games with powers that don't work from day to day either have them working on an X-shot basis or even/odd day basis and I had a hunch it was the latter.

*shrugs* You're entitled to your opinion, I guess. Still, I'm not sure what was scummy about a misunderstanding.

It can happen. I'm on the fence for now.

I find this post kind of scummy. I think most people are in agreement in Malon being a doctor, yet ALIT is trying to discredit him and Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom