• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword SS. Why So Much Hate?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It doesn't matter. It's still a Bokoblin at its core, and it doesn't change the soul of the enemy. They're easy to dispatch as ever, even the Blue ones. Now, a Moblin is very different from a Bokoblin and requires a very different strategy; not just upping your speed, but playing against the foe differently. Had Moblins replaced Bokoblins in many areas - perhaps in Hero Mode, even - I think people would complain a lot less about Bokoblins specifically.

I don't really see the problem with the Bokoblin variety. I mean, I guess the total amount of Bokoblins seen in the game as a whole could have been toned down, but what's wrong with fleshing out an enemy race? The amount of Bokoblins seen helped make them feel like what they were -- the main grunts of an enemy force, the servants of Ghirahim and Demise. It made them actually feel like a race rather than just some random enemy type. I wish more enemies could be treated this way, honestly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The amount of Bokoblins seen helped make them feel like what they were -- the main grunts of an enemy force, the servants of Ghirahim and Demise.
This right here is exactly my problem with them. The Bokoblins ARE grunts. BUT, they're persistent throughout the entire game; there is almost never an area without a Bokoblin or variant thereof. Why? Why isn't Ghirahim's force like...fortified with stronger enemies the closer Link gets to him? I know Darknuts and Iron Knuckles weren't around back then, but there had to be some enemy type that was several cuts above even a Blue Bokoblin, and in plenty. Really, Ghirahim reminded me of King DeDeDe from Kirby Right Back At Ya!, as it seemed he was ordering sh*tty monsters to deal with "dat dere Link". As if they would prove to be a CHALLENGE!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
DeDeDe also sent out a strong monster pretty much every episode. :/

No, they were strong compared to like...the Waddle Dees. But Kirby always roflstomped them in the end; after the fact it was barely even a challenge. And this is the same with Link. The foes he fought in SS were quicker, but in general they weren't substantially different from what he was used to - and this bred enemies that weren't challenges at all. We should've seen stronger, different, and better foes rather than "oh hey a new Bokoblin ^^".

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Oh, blue Bokoblins are the strongest? I couldn't tell. It's all the same, really. Knock over and finish.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh, blue Bokoblins are the strongest? I couldn't tell. It's all the same, really. Knock over and finish.

Now is that the case with Moblins? Do you just "knock over and finish" those big, pierced-nippled, pig-faced giants? Nope. That's why we needed different enemies: because they have totally different properties which then lead to different battles.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Oh, wow, that almost sounds like a basic, cannon fodder enemy. :dry:

Pretty much, but in TP you could tell the red ones were stronger because they easily had much more health. In SS, I'd never know. They all fall in one hit and then get killed by the finishing strike.

Salem

SICK
No, they were strong compared to like...the Waddle Dees. But Kirby always roflstomped them in the end; after the fact it was barely even a challenge.
OOOkay, now the conections between Kirby and Zelda is bigger than you think, Kirby wears Link's hat and gets the TRIFORCE in Kirby Super Star....

Pretty much, but in TP you could tell the red ones were stronger because they easily had much more health. In SS, I'd never know. They all fall in one hit and then get killed by the finishing strike.
Maybe the finishing strike is the problem. Also, it's the same in TP, the finishing strike kills them immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom