• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword SS. Why So Much Hate?

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
This is false; Zelda *was* the story.

Nope, Link either way was going to find out he was the Hero Chosen by the Goddess. Plus, it's not explained what Link is fighting for. Zelda? Or the destruction of Demise? Or the safety of everyone else? Or... really.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nope, Link either way was going to find out he was the Hero Chosen by the Goddess. Plus, it's not explained what Link is fighting for. Zelda? Or the destruction of Demise? Or the safety of everyone else? Or... really.

To me, Link was clearly fighting for Zelda - the Zelda he knew on Skyloft. That was the mission: go down to the Surface and retrieve Zelda. He didn't even seem pained when he learned that she was really Hylia; right after the crystal scene he looks at Impa assuringly which, needless to say, is mean imo.

However that's the beauty of it; what intentions Link saves the world in aren't entirely up to the story, they are in the player's hand.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Um... it wasn't. We were chasing Zelda down the entire first half, and there were two cutscenes where we caught up with her, but didn't manage to actually catch up. You could see the relationship between them in their facial expressions in both of those scenes. And, of course, there was the crystal scene, which sent countless fans on a feels trip.

Yeah, actually everyone forgets about Zelda after they land on the surface. Then, we remember about her every time we almost manage to meet up with her. Then, we forget about her again, because all the rage is on Ghriahim. Then we remember her when she's seals herself in the crystal (which was pointless). Then, we forget about her again until the end of the crappy *** game. No one gives a **** about Zelda, except for those one or two over-sensitive fanboys in the back that threaten to kill you if you insult their ****** game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, actually everyone forgets about Zelda after they land on the surface.
Correction: if it weren't for Fi, then we would've forgotten about Zelda entirely. Considering that Link has *never* been to the surface before, he should've been fukin surprised or something. Like, totally blown out of his mind, just like Groose was.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Nope, Link either way was going to find out he was the Hero Chosen by the Goddess.

Whatever you even mean by this is irrelevant, because the fact of the matter is the entire journey started out with Link trying to find Zelda, and that remained an underlying goal throughout the entire game.

Plus, it's not explained what Link is fighting for. Zelda? Or the destruction of Demise? Or the safety of everyone else? Or... really.

Did you ever consider that maybe it was all three? Because it was.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Did you ever consider that maybe it was all three? Because it was.

And how do we know that it was all three? I personally think Link was fighting for Zelda - screw the rest. He had an undeniable bond with Zelda, and even tried to fight the pain in order to save her (beginning of the game after he tried to get out of bed, which took place after being knocked out by the black/brown tornado). On the contrary, he didn't seem to have much interaction with any of the Surface races. Yes, the Skyloft folks were good to him, but Zelda was paramount. ;p

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This thread is basically - someone states their opinion - JJ defends. Oh how typical. :tired:

Now that's just mean, why aren't we allowed to state our opinions and have JJ defend the game? I for one enjoy it - it's interesting to see another member's responses to my own responses to SS. After all isn't that why we're on ZD?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
This thread is basically - someone states their opinion - JJ defends. Oh how typical. :tired:

Whenever Skyward Sword is in need, JJ will be there in his shining white armor to defend it. But really, almost all of us are guilty of this for our respective game(s).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

There's a difference between stating an opinion and stating things that are outright inaccurate -- like what CraptainFalcon is doing. I'm only responding to the latter of these things. Seriously, look back at how many things I haven't responded to. You might just realize you could probably qualify for the Olympics due to how far you've jumped the gun.

Whenever Skyward Sword is in need, JJ will be there in his shining white armor to defend it. But really, almost all of us are guilty of this for our respective game(s).

I defend any game if necessary, because I always give credit where credit is due. I've even defended The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on multiple accounts. Believe me, you'll be seeing me defend A Link Between Worlds and Zelda Wii U a lot when they come out, as well. It's an inevitability, given how picky the Zelda fanbase is.

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
IMO SS was absolutely stunning on the aesthetic front. Nearly perfect.
Its strengths: gorgeous visuals, great music, great story, fantastic telling of the story, great characters, good dungeons

But unfortunately, these were overwhelmed by the big flaws (IMO)

Very bad overworld. No exploration or variation. Too many fetch quests. The sky was empty. Very discouraging to play. Motion controls slowed down combat

Motion controls slowed down combat.
Huh? I'm no fan of SS, but this I don't get. I'm just curious, why do you think that? :) Because those annoying bokoblins keeps blocking your(aka mine lol) attacks? I thought that was really annoying, but it was part of the combat in SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom