• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skull Kid Theory

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Ok, this might seem kind of weird but it's pretty interesting.

As we all know there's a Skull Kid in OoT who you teach Saria's song ad give a mask, well, That skull kid happens to be the same Skull kid who you save from Majora's Possesion(Possesion as in he was possesed like in the movie "The Exorsist") in Twilight Princess there is a Skull Kid who you have to fight in order to acces the Master Sword and Temple of Time. Well, in an article that I read(can't remember were I read it) tells that each species in Hyrule live to a certain age.

Kokiris live up to 60 years

Gorons live up to 80 years

And so on...

well, in that article said that the species that lived the longest were the Skull Kids which can live up to 110 years.

In Twilight Princess in order to get to the Master Sword you have to "Play" with a Skull Kid, Which looked very old, and since TP takes place a hunded years after OoT that would mean that that Skull Kid had few years of living.

So that means that the Skull Kid from Tp is the same Skull Kid Link befriended at the end of Majora's Mask.

That's why the Skull Kid attacks Link in TP because he thinks that he is the same Link he knew and wanted to play or he wanted to see if Link was somehow related to the Link he once knew.

This is my first post by the way!

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
As we all know there's a Skull Kid in OoT who you teach Saria's song ad give a mask, well, That skull kid happens to be the same Skull kid who you save from Majora's Possesion

They're not exactly the same, only mirrors from one parallel world to another. They both live in parallel dimensions as seperate beings.

The rest of it I suppose I could go along with, although I'm intrigued as to where you found out the life expectancies of the races in Hryule.

Tom

The problem with your theory is that whole timeline thing... which makes everything you said impossible. But it's an interesting way to think, indeed. However I still believe Nintendo didn't pay much attention to that, so again one Skull-Kid has nothing to do with the others.

Pinecove

Last Chance
They're not exactly the same, only mirrors from one parallel world to another. They both live in parallel dimensions as seperate beings.

The skullkid from Termina comes from Hyrule. Link ENCOUNTERS HIM in Hyrule before he steals his horse (Epona) and the Ocarina of time from him.

I do not believe Termina is a Parallel Dimension i think is more like another country.

The MM manual states otherwise.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
i cant necessarily say i agree or disagree, but how can you know it is the same skull kid between mm and oot, and do you know that these lifespans are totally valid?

K

Kali075

The Skull Kid that you sell the Skull Mask too is certainly the same one you see in Majora's Mask

There are, however, other Skull Kids. I don't remember if it was a quote from an NPC or if I just came up with this myself, but I always thought Skull Kids were lost Kokiri, similar to Stalfos. When Hylians get lost in the Lost Woods, they become stalfos. When Kokiri get lost there, they become skull kids. Maybe I made that up, but I've always thought of Skull Kids as corrupted Kokiri, and not really a true "race."

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
First of all I would like to apologise.
After extensive research, I have to say that you have solid evidence to prove that MM and OoT are the same, I just never really thought of it.
And also, a bit of evidence which could link TP Skullkid with the previous 2.

Of course the line that SK leaves at the end of MM is strong evidence that he did indeed meet Link in OoT, and seeing as Link travelled the Lost Woods in search of Navi it would make sense that SK would be there. He also buys a skull mask off you in OoT if I'm not mistaken and says that he wants to look stronger. This could be the reason for why he likes intimidating looking masks such as Majora's Mask.

As for the TP Skullkid, apparently he knows Saria's Song which is relevent seeing as in OoT you play Saria's Song for him. Another weaker link, is the fact that he plays what seem to be Deku Pipes, which were the instrument played by Deku Link in MM, or atleast they sound somewhat like Deku Pipes. However, he appears quite different to the previous 2 Skullkids, instead of the wooden face that the previous 2 had, he instead has what seems to be an actual skull for a face (ironically). He also has an extraordinary large mouth, whereas the previous 2 had the conventional Skullkid "beak".

As for your theory of Termina being a neighbouring country, I don't think it can geographically posibble, I'll explain why. When you first appear in Termina you emerge from the Clock Tower which is located in the centre of the map with Woodfall to your south. Before entering Termina you were walking through the Lost Woods looking for Navi, which is located in the south eastern section of OoT's map. Now the only logical place that the Lost Woods would be connected to if the were neighbouring countries is of course Woodfall, in particular the section known as "The Woods Of Mystery". However, if this was the case, then that would mean that the Great Bay and Sea of Termina is located in the same sort of location as either Zora's Domain or Death Mountain, which cannot be the case.
I believe the other two theories, which dictate that Termina is either;
- A parallel reality, due to the huge number of re used character models in the game.
- An illusion, much like in Link's Awakening where he has dreamed the whole land up from scratch. This is supported by the game beginning and ending in exactly the same place... the mysterious Lost Woods.

Din Akera

Sniper
I would like to agree with you mostly, though not about termina and hyrule. But, I do agree and think it is interesting to draw the conclusion that OoT and MM skull kid is the skull kid from TP.

However, he appears quite different to the previous 2 Skullkids, instead of the wooden face that the previous 2 had, he instead has what seems to be an actual skull for a face (ironically). He also has an extraordinary large mouth, whereas the previous 2 had the conventional Skullkid "beak".

This could be largely due to aging. I would think, if your lifespan is correct, that he would be almost done his life (about 108) and so this would explain the facial changes. He has wrinkled and greyed as everything that ages does.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
First of all, any supposed info about how long the species live is a load of crap. Nothing has been said definitively, and we know that Twinrova is 400 years old, and that Kokiri are spirits, and thus don't likely have a normal life cycle.

Second, I believe that the OoT and MM skull kids are definitely the same, with the TP one possibly being the same. Any question about his age is really irrelevant because:

A: Majora's Mask talks about the Skull Kid as being part of ancient Terminian History. He has been around since before the Giants left Clock Town and before the Towers were built.
B: He's a Skull Kid. He's already dead. There's no lifespan issue.

Z

Zora

Alright the games are not comnnected in any way. Except for games that are sequels like Aol, MM, and PH. The games are have similarities and easter eggs but no time line. Nintendo never intended to make a timeline, there is no secret timeline it is all just fan made. I don't think that the skull kid in Tp is any way relate dto OoT and MM.

Din Akera

Sniper
Any question about his age is really irrelevant because:

A: Majora's Mask talks about the Skull Kid as being part of ancient Terminian History. He has been around since before the Giants left Clock Town and before the Towers were built.
B: He's a Skull Kid. He's already dead.

You definitely have a point. That I would like to agree with as well.

If you want to run with the skull kid's having a life span though, then the MM skull kid and the TP skull kid can't be the same because the MM SK has been around for a really long time already, as was said, before the giants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom