• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should LoZ introduce a new Hero as a main character?

Kybyrian

Really, I'd have to say no.

The point of the game is that Link goes around, fights a bunch of bad guys, goes through temples and other dungeons, beats a bunch of bosses, kicks the main bosses ***, and saves the princess.

Not Link going around with some other dude through the whole series kicking ***.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
An idea I've got is to introduce a partner for link to work with at times, I designed a Son of Gannondorf kinda dudue with a gratesword

:lol:An idea I've got is to introduce a partner for link to work with at times, I designed a Son of Gannondorf kinda dude with a gratesword

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember for sure... but wasn't there a Zelda game (or at least a rerelease/remake) of a Zelda game, where you had both a Male Hero and a Female Hero to choose from? And none of which were Link or even had names?

I could have sworn I heard of that once before... this made me think of that.

I don't know. I don't really like the idea of ditching Link, but if they did something like I mentioned, I might not mind it too much. No idea. >_<

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I would hope they'd never replace link, and if they did who would they replace him with, mario?
Mario in hyrule actually might be kinda fun... and then Link could be in mushroom kindom...

No, thats enough thinking about that, Link always was and should always be the main character of zelda

Claire

The Geekette
They have already attempted this in the CD-i games, where sadly, Princess Zelda was the heroine in the game. Not only does this game look quite mind numbing while viewing the reviews (AVGN recently reviewed this game), it also gives us another hero - or rather heroine - and it seemed rather unsuccessful, since Zelda is still in need of saving.

I would not like to see another hero, but I would enjoy seeing them incorporate the old Zelda with a new twist, such as bringing back old monsters, items, etc. I think this would be wiser than adding a new hero or heroine.

A

Ando

They have already attempted this in the CD-i games, where sadly, Princess Zelda was the heroine in the game. Not only does this game look quite mind numbing while viewing the reviews (AVGN recently reviewed this game), it also gives us another hero - or rather heroine - and it seemed rather unsuccessful, since Zelda is still in need of saving.

The Faces of Evil was just as unsuccessful, and it starred Link. :P

Really, I wouldn't mind too much if they replaced Link, as long as it was with a decent character (preferably Hylian). My main issue would be with everyone else: They're the ones saying "nooooo" and if such a game were to actually be released it'd probably get terrible sales because "it's not a real Zelda game" or something. As long as it's good, who cares...?

although i'm pretty sure that wafflez's idea is the best imho tbqh

Zero

The Vanished
I like this idea. The idea that popped into my head as soon as I started reading this title: Oracle of Ages where you play as Ralph. I love Ralph.

I think this is good and bad. I've always wanted to play the Zelda titles with friends, but being that it's a single-player game, I cannot, adding the new hero would let nintendo add a second player play. However, I think Zelda is sorrowfully based on Tradition and the Traditional gameplay fact. There's One boss in every dungeon, a boss gives out a heart container, the big key is found in a unique chest. Looking on those small details, I doubt that nintendo would change a major detail.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Eh :/

It is not the best idea I have ever heard. I would never need a sidekick because they would only get in the way, also, you have to share the credit, which sucks. I like the ability to change link, not some other character.

yea coop would be the best!! :clap:

if it were online drop in drop out that would be cool and you would each get half the rupees

Claire

The Geekette
I say no. Why? When I imagine the Legend of Zelda, altogether as a series, I cannot imagine it without Link being the hero. It was basically be a totally different game, or even a spin-off to not have Link the hero in my eyes.

Perhaps if they made a spin-off, that was somewhat like a sequel to one of the games but in the views or tale of another person that would also be doing something similar to Link (obviously not the same thing) then that would work, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom