• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Should Ganondorf Have Been in TP?

Should Ganondorf have been in TP?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it was a mistake!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ganondorf's final fights were awesome! But I think Twilight Princess wasn't vey unique to begin with, especially since it was the same locations and music as OoT. So making Zant look all super awesome and wicked then making him a clown right before you fought him, hurt him as a villain a lot, and hurt the uniqueness of the game.
Either if they got rid of Ganondorf, or made Zant act tough the enitre game, it probably would have saved him. But Zant being a silly clown after being portrayed as a BA mother trucker the whole game really hurt him as a boss and the effect he had on me when I fought him.

I was actually scared to fight him until the scene right before I fought him, then I was like, oh, nevermind, he's silly, he'll be a piece of cake.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
The game would have much less of a point if Ganondorf had been taken out. It also adds a surprise to the story. At first, you think Zant is going to going to be the main enemy.

P

predsfan88

I don't think Ganon should have been in TP. I have read many articles on how it's getting really repetitive that he's in most of the games and he gets beat every time. Zant should have been the main bad guy and then they could have had a sequel if they wanted to and have Ganon and Zant team up against Link.

A

Almo SSBB

ganondorf belonged, the story would have been a lot different without ganondorf, plus he added great fights n the end, i didnt like fighting zant a lot.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The thing I notice most people saying is that Ganondorf had a major impact on the story. You really could've replaced him with anything though. Zant could've gotten his power from some supreme item that bestowed great darkness to Zant. Zant could've been the final boss after you got the final piece of the mirror, then he pulls and Alttp Ganon and runs away to take over Zelda's body and give you a final boss. Or he could've just held Zelda captive in the Palace of Twilight. Ganondorf could've easily been written out of the game because, though he may have influenced events, you don't really feel his name being written in a lot of the cut scenes. You don't feel his presence, you only hear his name in three cut scenes until the end.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
If Ganondorf wasn't it would be hard to create another ending. Zant might have not been destroyed or they're might have been a new villain to take Ganondorf's place. I'm neutral for this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think adding Ganondorf to TP was pretty nice. It made Zant have the ability to make Twilight everywhere, driving the story on. Sure, the whole "The REAL enemy is the guy that was dead along time ago!!" arc of the story was kinda messed up at first, but going over the story made the game a lot more enjoyable. 'Sides, Dark Lord was the best boss battle.

G

goronslikefire

I don't think that it hurt the story at all, if anything it made the story. It helped us find out what happened after OOT and bridged the gap between OOT and TP and had one of the greatest plot twists of all time. It also showed us that Ganondorf would use people as pawns in his plans, which he's done before, but this time he used most of the Twili as his pawns, although I would like to see a prequel showing Zant.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
No, I don't think Ganondorf should have been in TP. It kind of ruined the storyline. So for the first half of the game, you think Zant is the primary antagonist, right? But then the game switches gears and tells you that Ganondorf is the bad guy. Right when you're about to fight Ganondorf, Midna says, "So you're...Ganondorf." Wait, what? We just met Ganondorf, and now we're about to fight him? in WW and OoT, Ganondorf appears throughout the entire storyline, and you can actually see that he's evil. But in TP, the only reason you know he's evil is because the Sages told you. I think it ruined the story and if Zant had been the final boss, the game would have been perfect.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Noooo. Ganondorf should NOT have been in this game. They just randomly threw him in there, and to me, it seriously messed up the story. The fight with Zant was lame because they made him go all psycho on us. However, had Ganondorf not been in the game, Zant would have been waaayy more epic as a boss and it would have tied in the whole Twilight story for me.

And, to be honest, I don't give a damn about the stupid timeline. Nintendo can go crazy and screw around with it all they want, and I wouldn't care. The timeline just doesn't matter to me. At all. You can still have awesome games without trying to put them together (and even when you think you have a good timeline going, you learn something new and it just screws everything up anyways!)

Ganondorf hurt Twilight Princess, in my personal opinion. Yes, it brought out the idea of deception and desperation for power, but that was it. Nothing else came about from Ganondorf randomly finding his way in the game, so he shouldn't have even been there in the first place. Zant was a total beast of a villain, but then Nintendo just ruined his power by making him go crazy and deciding to replace him with the repititive enemy of Link. *Sigh* And it really pissed me off too. Maybe if Ganon had been mentioned once or twice earlier in the game, I wouldn't have been so mad, but there was no way to make it fit early on, so why would he fit later in the story? Oh yeah, that's right, he doesn't! Ganon was a big mistake in TP and it just made the game seem even more stale than it already was. Plus the boss battle with Ganon was lame (yes, it was interesting when he possessed Zelda, but the style of fighting was something that we had already seen before!)

So, in short, I would give my answer as a big fat NO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom