• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Cutscenes Be Skippable?

Should Cutscenes be skippable?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
The first time I played Twilight Princess I was a bit pressed for time, so I ended up skipping most of the cutscenes. I missed a lot of the story, however, so I played through it a second time to see what actually happened. However, in Wind Waker, where the cutscenes are not skippable, I found that they grew a bit boring, and sometimes I would go get a snack while they played. So the question is this: should you have the option to skip cutscenes?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Yes but not the first time. The story helps make Zelda what it is. You should watch it once and then be able to skip it anytime after, including when you start a new game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Most definitely. I think TP is the first game to allow skipping cutscenes, and that helped greatly with speedruns and some people that had time restraints that just couldn't stand watching the story over and over again. I think that they should implement skipping in the OoT 3DS remake, and SS if they plan to have unbearably long scenes. I often found myself mashing the A button when playing OoT, I just couldn't stand the large amounts of text that went by so slowly.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I say yes, but only after you've seen them at least once before. If you can't because of how the story goes, then no.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Yes but not the first time. The story helps make Zelda what it is. You should watch it once and then be able to skip it anytime after, including when you start a new game.

i like this idea because then it makes you have to watch the clips at least once. But they could also have a video gallery in the game that you could go back and watch the videos with.

Sure, why not? It's a pain, when you're -either pressed for time or replaying a game- having to watch a really long cut-scene. It kind of kills the pacing, especially when you've just gotten to a fun part. I wouldn't skip them the first time through, but it's not like it takes away from the game to have that option at all times.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
If you're my brother who has zero patients, then yes, or he'll get soooo frustrated, that he throw the wii mote at the TV (he did that to his own TV onceo_O)

But I personally like the cut scenes because they give us a sense of what we're doing, because when my brother first played Twilight Princess, he skipped the first cut scene and he had NO IDEA where he was going, so he threw the wii mote at the wii and took his anger out at some random topic about how bad Twilight Princess was, so I took the wii mote, restarted the wii, and played through the cut scene and played for him. You shoulda seen his face! It was priceless!

octorok74

TETTAC
Yes, but only because they can grow long. I hated that cutscene in WW between Jabun and the King of Red Lions. It made me feel like I was in school, because Jabun was talking in a language that I couldn't understand. So yes I do think they should be skippable.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Absolutely, it's on my wishlist in my post in the Skyward Sword section. And even though I always watch them the first time, I even think they could be skippable on the first playthrough - I'm not a fan of dictating how a person consumes a product. It may make a person confused, but that's still their decision. I just don't think the cutscenes should be easy to accidentally skip.

ETA: I didn't vote. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to vote for my personal preference or if if I think it should be the rule, and if it's the second, I'm not comfortable speaking on behalf of several million fans. *g*

Last edited:
I like the story of the legend of zelda series. I said no because I can never get tired of the story. It makes it even more interesting. Somtimes I catch things that I've never seen before.

W

Whiskers

Having an option always runs down well will the players, so I think they should keep to being able to skip. I very rarely skip because i think the cut scenes contribute a lot to the game (Obviously) But it's always nice to have the option, because then everyone will be happy :)

Yes, after you watched the cutscenes before. It gets boring watching the cutscenes a second time. You'll know what happens in them.

i like this idea because then it makes you have to watch the clips at least once. But they could also have a video gallery in the game that you could go back and watch the videos with.
That's a pretty good idea. I voted no because it would take away from the story, but I would change my vote (if I could) if they did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom