• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Quanity is DEFINITLY Better Than Quality

Think of Majora's Masks dungeons, those were the coolest most well thought out dungeons, and there were four of them. Most zelda dungeons are high in quality, but if i could could have the most mind boggling most amazing time consuming fun as skydiving+icecream dungeons, and have only 6 of them, i would take it over the 15 rushed mediocre dungeons.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Whoah, whoah, whoah :mad:
Majora's Mask was all about quality. There was nothing but quality. Quality story, quality gameplay, quality side-quests, quality characters... I could keep going on with my list, but you get the point.
MM had a huge back story for Ikana Canyon, and if you paid any attention to it, you would know so much on who Majora is, and why the Ikana are cursed people. MM was nothing but great, and shame on you for thinking otherwise :P

But anyways, QUALITY IS BETTER THAN QUANTITY. Why have so much of something that you would never use? Like Deku Nuts, I found those useless. They were only good when you were Deku Link, because you could drop them on enemies while flying. So far, I think SS is going to have enough of everything, just the perfect balance of quality and quantity, so take my word for it, don't worry. Nintendo knows what they are doing.

I can understand why you would want a really big, drawn out, epic Zelda game. We got that in Wind Waker I think and Twilight Princess. The one thing I can't understand, though, is how you want many items used only once. Maybe you just like lots of stuff on the screen to show off with? It's not practical though, or fun in my opinion. What's the point of having all these items and using them just once. In my opinion it's a waste of space. OK so my friend has Kirby SS Ultra, yeah he thinks it's fun, but not because it has so much stuff in it. No, because it has QUALITY gameplay.

I'm sure no one would like let's say... a CD-i game that had a 40 hour story and a crap load of ****ty side quests, with special moves that were impossible to do.

I think what you want is quantity AND quality. Although -whatever his name is- already confirmed Skyward Sword was going to be shorter, with denser gameplay. We're gonna have to live with quality, which is fine by me.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I would have to disagree.... I will take quality over quanity any day. For pretty much the same reason everyone else here would. I would rather have 8 items, that are used thruought the whole game (not over used that gets bad), than 12 items and only use 4 of them outside of the dungeon I found them in.

Whats worth more to you a Nintendo SNES or a room full of Phillips CDIs....

Quality > Quanity

Now, i beleive quality is better. Listen to this, fritos have hundreds of little chips that each bring enjoyment into the world. But, doritosdont have as many in one bag, but, the doritos are BOLD and full of quality. But if u sprinkle some cheese into the fritos, and melt it, that is quantity AND quality!

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think quality is always the most important when it comes to games. People are always looking forward to the toons or the realistic graphics. I think that quality will draw you closer to the game. I don't care if the game is long or short, just as long as I get some beautiful to look at.

Vibed

must read before he posts
That comparison with KSS isn't very good. KSS is quite short, but the quality and little differences between each game make them fun to play again and again. So in other words, you have KSS in reverse.

But I get your point.

I would definitely prefer quality over quantity like in case listed above though. (Tons of nostalgia with KSS BTW.)

EDIT: I realized that KSS had a lot of copy abilities. That's good for Kirby, but Link shouldn't have tons of items for reasons listed above (and below.)

EDIT2: KSSU is short too.

Last edited:
E

epic_link

I can see where you're coming from, but most people agree that using an item for one dungeon makes the item kind of pointless. For example, the spinner in TP was a great item, but it was only used in two dungeons and to get a couple of heart pieces on hyrule field. In KSSU however, though kiby had a lot of attacks, he had to use each move multiple times in different levels and games making all of them fairly useful. But I do agree on having a greter quantity of items in future zelda games.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I'm kind of on the middle-ground here, as I'm sure many people are. On one hand I wouldn't want to play through a long game with terrible gameplay, that seems more like a chore. On the other hand I wouldn't really like a game that that has quality gameplay but is short; that would mean less time I have with that quality gameplay, it will just leave me wanting more. I'm hoping SS hits the middle-ground here.

And for the record, I don't consider MM to have less quantity... It has just as much content, if not more, than OoT. It's just that most of its substance is on sidequests, not the main quest. I like this, and I would be completely fine if SS had only a handful of dungeons, but a lot of sidequests. As long as it has some kind of content.

Well more dense gameplay doesn't mean no quantity....
it could mean MORE quantity in a smaller space.
So technically we could have lots of great stuff in a smaller area, therefore creating quality in these small areas.
So quality will definately be there, and quanitiy will definately be there but in a different way. We could have 9 dungeons, and an enormous overworld (high in quantity) or we could have 5 dungeons and a small overworld will TONS AND TONS to do in those areas. (Also high in quantity, but also creating quality)
Does that make sense or am I confusing everyone... :/

Basically what Im saying is creating a quantity of fun things to do and compacting it, creates a tremendous amount of quality. So i think Skyward Sword will have both, and we will have both, just in a different... way. It'll be compact instead of spread out..

C

Cincoplation

I prefer quality because long games that are not very good bore me to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom