• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocean King Temple Vs Spirit Temple

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Hmm, im not sure if this is in it i checked. And i still dont know how to put a poll

I was wondering since alot of people hated the TotOK and im not sure about hte spirit temple. Which one was your favorite?

Me I loved the TotOK, it was challinging in some was, and easy(After hte sword you get at end and more time) I felt Spirit temple was far a little easier, sure it stumped me a few times, but the ocean temple did it moe and was better since the time pushed you more pressure.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Spirit Tower 100%. The puzzles were fun, there were more kinds of phantoms, and you weren't timed.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Yeah but isnt zelda post to be a hard challenging game??? TotOK was challinging in most ways, but it was fun, the time was what made it pressure to make a challange, some tiems i re did the temple to get to the next spot so i would get more time, but sometimes i didnt and went to the portal

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I enjoyed the Spirit Temple more, simply because it didn't frustrate me like the Ocean King Temple did. I can't count the number of times I was ready to throw my DS at the wall...

Kybyrian

I think the Spirit Tower was a lot better than The Temple of the Ocean King. The Temple of the Ocean King was simply frustrating, whereas the Spirit Temple was actually a good part of the game, not frustrating or annoying to the point where you want to just stop playing sometimes, as the Temple of the Ocean King was a lot of the time.

I like the puzzles in the TotOK but the thing that bugged me was having to do it so many times and starting from the bottom everytime if they had the spirit temples way of going through it with the TotOK puzzles then that would be an awesome tower but in terms of fun TotOK.

13foxes

I prefer the Spirit Temple. It's not too frustrating like the TotOK. The fact that you had to do things all over again from the scratch is just awful. It's like all of your hard work returned nothing >.< And I think the puzzles, the gameplay in Spirit Temple are better. I remembered myself stuck at the copy-the-phantom's move puzzle for a long time. Play as Zelda with different phantoms and different abilities is really fun. It's was more creative. And another thing is that you could kill the phantom right when you got 3 tears, not when it's almost at the end of the game like in TotOK. Yay!

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I liked the TotOK alot better than the Spirit Tower. In fact, the TotOK was the only part of PH I enjoyed. Everyone says it's frustrating but I don't see where they get that. You barely have to redo anything in the temple if you take the time to find shortcuts and easier routes with the new items you obtain, that's the fun part of it. I thought the puzzles in this temple were very original too. Much better than the ones in the "normal" dungeons. I loved the one where you have to find the 3 gems on different floors to open the door. Oh, and I highly doubt anyone ever actually ran out of time =/.

I also liked the mystery of the place. It was never really stated until the middle of the game what awaited in the very depths of the Temple. I felt inclined to explore this place and find out what was at the very bottom of the temple. Overall, I think the TotOK is very underrated.

The Spirit Tower on the other hand removed everything that made a central dungeon original, like the ability to find shortcuts with new items you obtain. It might as well have just been seperate dungeons, since the floors don't interact with each other in any way. It was very linear and boring, clear the puzzles in this room and move one to the next, just like all the other temples. Whereas the TotOK had many different routes you could take through the place and had puzzles that span many different floors.

Spirit Temple? Isn't it the Tower of Spirits?

Whatever, I loved the Temple of the Ocean King MUCH more. The puzzles in there were actually fun and didn't bore me to tears. Each time you went in there, the weapon you got most recently could help you get through it in another unique way, the process of really having to think about where and when you move and how fast, man, it was just great.

I don't get why everyone's hating on the Temple of the Ocean King. I hated the Tower of Spirits. It was just soo boring and I think controlling Zelda is broken. Temple of the Ocean King, only thing I can really think for them to improve on is make the weapon you got most recently apply to every room you go through more, because that seems to be what people complain about: it's the same every time. It's not, they just didn't apply the new item usage enough.

I barely played the Spirit Temple, and I played all of TotOK, but I do like the Spirit Temple better. TotOK is still on my top 5 fav dungeons, bt Spirit Temple was perfect, despite how little of it I played. I especialy love how the Phantoms carry torches and could be possesed rather than having watch eyes and drained life.

Tower of Spirits was much more creative now that Zelda can be a Phantom. I can't remember much in PH, but I did get a little frustrated every time I had to the TotOK since I had to start all over again.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Spirit temple of course!!! The puzzles were awesome and harder while TotOK was really easy and repetitive. I could do it with the sword in like 3 minutes. So ST all the way :)

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
Tower of Spirits definitely. It was much easier, it had better music, and you could hurt the phantoms much earlier in the game than you could in Phantom Hourglass. Not only that, but you didn't have a time limit and the puzzle were much more enjoyable. Plus, it was optional if you wanted to re-do part of the tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom