• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time Master Quest 3D is Mirrored?!

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
I hadn't heard this before, maybe I'm just slow on picking up information. Excited? Disappointed? Personally, I'm interested in seeing OoT Hyrule backwards and it will add a great deal of challenge to replaying it!

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/15549

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I think it's a good thing that they made the enemies do double damage... that will make the game more challenging.

I'm not too thrilled about them mirroring the game, though... I think it will look kind of stupid. I didn't like it when they did it in TP, and I probably won't like it in OoT. I'm annoyed that they took inspiration from their previous lazy hack that I was trying to forget.

It's certainly not going to make the game harder, but it will look weird and wrong.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Do you know if the overworld is mirrored and the dungeons are original Master quest dungeons? That's what I heard from Zelda Informer...

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Well, I think it's a good thing that they made the enemies do double damage... that will make the game more challenging.

I'm not too thrilled about them mirroring the game, though... I think it will look kind of stupid. I didn't like it when they did it in TP, and I probably won't like it in OoT. I'm annoyed that they took inspiration from their previous lazy hack that I was trying to forget.

It's certainly not going to make the game harder, but it will look weird and wrong.

Agreed. I think the whole, "Let's flip the game" thing would be something where you say to yourself "that was a one time deal. We don't want to mess around with that more than we have to, we just ran out of options." Not something you replicate. Plus, I assume it will make Link right-handed, which is possibly my most hated feature of TP. And you're right, nothing will be harder for it, you just go left where you would have gone right, but then you've got an issue with the over world being flipped, with Death Mountain, Zora's Domain, and Kokiri Forest in the west and Gerudo Valley/Desert in the east, which makes me feel awkward enough in Twilight Princess, but if the MQ version of OoT was like that??

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Yes, Link is right handed, and everything is save the top two layers (on-screen instructions and buttons; menu screens and text boxes) are flipped on the Y-Axis.

Meaning left is right, east is west. The MQ version is SUPPOSED to be stranger. Seriously, they have cows in the walls and underwater in Jabu Jabu, because it's supposed to be like "what if not only evil, but STRANGENESS descended upon Hyrule!?" I presume.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
On a random note, you know, we did post this material here at Zelda Dungeon before cubed3. I found it strange that you would source them for material that is right at the site. If you just go to the site index page, you can see all the new Ocarina of Time 3D content featured on the right navigation. All four of those news posts are from my hands on experience with the game last Monday. In particular, the newsbit about the Master Quest can be found at this link.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/05/ocarina-of-time-3d-uber-master-quest/

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
Yes, Link is right handed, and everything is save the top two layers (on-screen instructions and buttons; menu screens and text boxes) are flipped on the Y-Axis.

Meaning left is right, east is west. The MQ version is SUPPOSED to be stranger. Seriously, they have cows in the walls and underwater in Jabu Jabu, because it's supposed to be like "what if not only evil, but STRANGENESS descended upon Hyrule!?" I presume.

The cows are significant though. Because MQ is so challenging, the cows provide health in mid dungeon. (Jabu Jabu's Belly) All you have to do is play them a certain song on your Ocarina, and they'll give you milk.

gabesawakening

Hi Fwiends!
There is a lot more then flipping the map..... Enemies do double damage. The map is flipped. and not to mention link goes righty. I think it is a great idea and (even though I agree with almost everything NINTENDO does) I will always like the thought! I can not wait to play both the normal and MQ!

(That is my opinion and it will never change)
PS
I can not wait to by the game!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I personally think it's awesome.Mirroring things like this itself adds a slight challenge. You're so used to playing it a certain way and now this throws everything off balance. The mirroring thing is what is making me consider getting this game when it comes out.
So, the Master quest is built into the same cartridge as the normal version? That's pretty neat. Will this be the case for all OoT3D or just pre-orders?

It will now live up to its name. I have beaten MQ on Game cube so I know most of the puzzles, but now have to flip them AND enemies do double damage. I cannot wait to play MQ 3D

I didn't have too much of an issue with the Wii version of TP, even though I had beaten the GC version first. So I don't think having a flipped OoT will be too big of a deal for me. In fact, I kind of like the idea: it'll make everything feel somewhat different, which is good. I suppose I might lose my way in the Lost Woods, though. I practically memorized that area, so that I could go the right way through it practically on instinct; if it's all flipped that might be pretty confusing for a little while.

So, the Master quest is built into the same cartridge as the normal version? That's pretty neat. Will this be the case for all OoT3D or just pre-orders?

From what I've heard, it sounds like it will be on all OoT3DS games. I can't imagine them having all of this hype for MQ, and then making it so that only a handful of the people buying the game actually get it.

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
The Japanese video liked on the front page looks amazing! I haven't been this excited for a game since I don't even remember. (Super Mario Galaxy 2, perhaps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom