• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No New Zelda in E3 2012? That's... Actually Fine

I mean, last year was the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda. We had Ocarina of Time 3D, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, the concerts and, of course, Skyward Sword. Even hearing about a new game would be too soon... though I really hoped to hear the Oracle games coming to Virtual Console.

This means we might be hearing some news next year. Any thoughts?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I agree with you, would be too soon to get any more Zelda news. Im really exited about Pikmin 3 though. It's seems really well-made and it will probably be a launch title for the Wii U, at least I hope so.

A new Zelda title would have been nice and all but what i wanted was for them to blow my mind with the WiiU...it didnt happen and am not sure if i will get one now =/ lets hope they change my mind tho :P and get some awesome stuff out

Fig

The Altruist
I'm relieved that Nintendo didn't announce anything of Zelda besides the attraction of The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest on NintendoLand. It's not that I don't want a new Zelda title, it's just that Nintendo deserves a well received break from Zelda because they did so much within just one year, which was also the 25th anniversary of Zelda. Good job Nintendo, relaxe and don't witty about the fans not getting any Zelda. We already got a lot last year! Keep up the good work! XD :D :P

MW7

I still think they should have given us something little (not Battlequest which is a mini-game with Zelda characters rather than a Zelda game). Give us a rough idea of when the new 3ds game will come out or announce new releases for 3ds virtual console. How hard would it be to port the Oracle games, A Link to the Past, or Majora's Mask and then just rake in money.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I am actually currently more excited for Wii U and all the added featured that it will come with than the next zelda. I had been previously anticipating that there would probably not be anything about zelda at E3, and therefore I wasnt very disappointed. I plan to raise ssome money so I can buy a Wii U at launch.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I was hoping for at least a mention of Zelda 3DS but I'm fine with no zelda at e3 as fused shadows said I'm more excited about the Wii U and I'm impressed with Nintendo. I know some people and analysts and such say everyone was disappointing this year however I really think Nintendo came in hot and before E3 I wasn't even thinking about Wii U as a big contender but now I think I will need to get one on launch.

I was hoping a Zelda game for 3DS, however, I'm content with there not being one on display. Nintendo's already stealing enough of my gold coins this year with its amazing line-up and the launch of the Wii U. What Nintendo showed was great. What we WANTED was new. With Nintendo in a transition period for new hardware, most fans were simply expecting too much. Save the for E3 2013, 2014, and 2015 when the generation is well underway my friends. ;)

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I agree, with all the effort Nintendo put into Zelda E3 last year, this years E3 would be a good time for some rest and focus on other projects.

While I wasn't really expecting a Zelda related announcement at this E3, I still would've liked to see one. What I was really hoping for was for Nintendo to really make me want a WiiU, which they haven't done so far. They still don't have a release date or price point, and aside from Pikmin 3 and the Mario game they showed most of the games that will probably be available at launch don't interest me that much.

Of course I'd love to see that change from now until launch. Remaining optimistic, can never rule out Nintendo after all.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well I was dissapointed to not get anything at all. I was hoping for the announcement of a remake of some sort for the Wii U and a new 3DS title, but nothing appeared. It's a real shame I think, although I should not have got up my hopes.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I'm perfectly fine with this break after Skyward Sword. I imagine we'll hear SOMETHING entering development though by the end of the year. Maybe.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I would think the game would need more development. Skyward Sword came out in November. That was not too long ago. They need more time to make the game. I expect a Zelda game at E3 next year.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's all I really wanted from Nintendo, but it's to be expected. Certainly news of Zelda Wii U wouldn't be coming since SS released months ago. But, I'd expect at least concept art of Zelda 3DS since it's a handheld, but then again...it IS being treated with the scope of a console installment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom