• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Skyward Sword Overworld Questions

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Today's Game Informer Eldin Volcano video brought up a few questions. Link skydived off his bird to get to the volcano so does this mean the land below will be broken up into jump portals similar to the islands/train stations in the DS Zelda games? Your thoughts!

Link skydived off his bird to get to the volcano so does this mean the land below will be broken up into jump portals similar to the islands/train stations in the DS Zelda games? Your thoughts!

I agree with you about that, and I can pretty much guarantee that Eldin Volcano is Death Mountian, but before it got its name and maybe before the Gorons settled there.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I just thought of something, maybe lets say for example after you beat the Fire Temple Eldin Mountain will connect to the overworld to you could also walk to Eldin Mountain and fly there and that's for every place you beat they all connect to the overworld which will make one huge over world.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Ever since they hinted at two overworlds -- one above the clouds and one beneath -- I thought that there would be the surface world which would be connected by Hyrule Field or something like we're normally accustomed to. Then there would be the Wind Waker-style sky overworld where we could fly across the clouds and jump down to important parts of Hyrule instead of walking there on the world below. :)

Last edited:
I just thought of something, maybe lets say for example after you beat the Fire Temple Eldin Mountain will connect to the overworld to you could also walk to Eldin Mountain and fly there and that's for every place you beat they all connect to the overworld which will make one huge over world.
I would very much like to see that happen. I'm realy hoping that there will be a ground overworld, but Im not putting my bets on it, because I am pretty sure they would have a screen shot of it by now...

Ever since they hinted at two overworlds -- one above the clouds and one beneath -- I thought that there would be the surface world which would be connected by Hyrule Field or something like we're normally accustomed to. Then there would be the Wind Waker-style sky overworld where we could fly across the clouds and jump down to important parts of Hyrule instead of walking there on the world below. :)
They have confirmed this, can we get a link or can you tell us a place to go to find this, because I have never seen that hinted.

Hmm...Now we will have a sea or a gigantic lake of sorts, as seen in the new demo and trailer, where Link will travel with a jet-boat(powered by the magical bottle, and will be able to shoot bombs) as well as encounter and engage larger "pirate ships" (or at least one, but probably several of them).

So, yes, we will have at least one vast area in the land below (maybe it'll be the core for the land bellow).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom