• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Hyrule 99.9% Confirmed

http://ds.ign.com/articles/104/1042825p1.html
"If you played that game, at the end of the adventure you set sail for New Hyrule. Well, in that journey apparently the pirates did land at Hyrule – they just hit undiscovered land, set up the stakes and called the area Hyrule. Pretty convenient.

Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after the events of Phantom Hourglass. Apparently in the land that's now called Hyrule, the inhabitants had to deal with a vicious Demon King. In the timespan between the two games there was an epic battle and the spirits of the land helped take down this evil being."

Anyways, since this is the timeline theories section, I figured a timeline relevance discussion would be due.

Pinecove

Last Chance
@Zemen: What's that? I think I see a Hyrule with all the old traditions coming back. :P

Jokes.

To elaborate on what SoJ said, the plot after PH seems to be as follows:

1. They find a land and name it Hyrule.
2. Some great demon king (Ganondorf probably) wants to take the land for himself.
3. A giant battle ensues.
4. Link and the pirates don't manage to kill the demon monster person thing so they seal it underground with alot of chains.
5. Thos trains-er-chains are the spirit tracks.
6. ST seems to have the ST's disapearing.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
@Zemen: What's that? I think I see a Hyrule with all the old traditions coming back. :P

I never said that they would never live in a new Hyrule. In fact, I'm positive I said that they probably did name the new land Hyrule, but no where in that quote does it say that all of the traditions stayed the same. Regardless, if everything was the same with no explanation of why, then Nintendo/Miyamoto/Aonuma have a HUGE plot hole on their hands.

Sounds like Ganondorf is going to be in this title.

V

Viral

The UK website also says that this Demon King was sealed in a dark world, and that the dark world is within the Spirit Tower.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nds/the_legend_of_zelda_spirit_tracks_13569.html

"After much carnage and loss, the spirits captured and imprisoned the Demon King in a dark realm, sealed in a tower and metal shackles across the earth."

Strange stuff. I'm actually really looking forward to this game.

I think it also interesting to note that the 4 chains that seal this Demon King all connect to the central figure that is the Spirit Tower. It seems reminiscent of MM, with Clock Town and the Clock Tower in the centre and then the four regions of Termina around it. Not to say it will be like MM, but the design is similar.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
After checking out that site that Viral posted, it's starting to sound more and more like it's Ganondorf's return which raises a few questions.

Isn't Ganon/dorf the only one in the series to be called the "demon king"?

If so, how is this going to affect the game? It sounds like the BS revolves around a previous "war" with the demon king (who may or may not be Ganondorf) and the only other game to have a BS about Ganon/dorf without it talking about a previous game that he appeared in would be ALTTP. It seems strange to me that the BS would be about him without it referring to a previous game he was in.

How did he return from his death in WW?
How did he find his way to this new Hyrule?
Is Link a descendant of the past hero?
Also, it seems like that Chancelor Coal guy might end up being some sort of villain. Maybe he's hiding some devil horns under both of his hats. Who knows?

This is all speculation of course, but it sounds like Ganon/dorf is finally making another handheld debut.

I keep trying to avoid the idea of Ganondorf being in this game, as much as I'd like for him to be. Mainly because the idea of him being some evil train is just stupid to me, and the screenshots imply that, if anything.

Like Zemen pointed out, this also raised a lot of questions, especially about this "war" that supposidly went on between PH and ST. Apparently, it is another type of Seal War (not THE Seal War). We sure do have a lot of "sealing Ganon in some epic battle" a lot, now that I think about it.

Anyway, I'm more excited about this game now. If it isn't Ganon/dorf, then we won't have much to worry about in terms of the story/time line. If it is, then there's going to be more thinking to do on my part than I anticipated with this one, and we'll all probably be left with more questions than answers in the end.

Isn't Ganon/dorf the only one in the series to be called the "demon king"?
Actually that made me think of something. If Ganon isn't in this, then we can conclude that the title Demon King is extremely generic, and thus unimportant.

Also I wanted to note that the Hyrule crest is different. It replaced the Triforce with an upside-down triangle. I'd say it's pretty clear that it's a Force Gem.

And... wtf mods you lamed out the title of my thread... was there any reason for that? I mean 99.9% is so much more boring than 99.999999999%, and we needed a general ST timeline relevance discussion, anyways :(

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I keep trying to avoid the idea of Ganondorf being in this game, as much as I'd like for him to be. Mainly because the idea of him being some evil train is just stupid to me, and the screenshots imply that, if anything.

Yeah, when I saw that picture I was like "huh?"

I really don't like the idea of Ganon/dorf being an evil train spirit, but for all we know that could just be the new depiction of Phantom Ganon haha.

At any rate, if he is in this game, then I want it to be the legit Ganon/dorf. Not some demon train.

Like Zemen pointed out, this also raised a lot of questions, especially about this "war" that supposidly went on between PH and ST. Apparently, it is another type of Seal War (not THE Seal War). We sure do have a lot of "sealing Ganon in some epic battle" a lot, now that I think about it.

This raises another question. We have been told that ST takes place 100 years after PH. Could this be a mistranslation? Think about it. Within that 100 years Ganon/dorf escaped and caused a war and was resealed (assuming it's Ganon/dorf). 100 years seems like a very short period of time for all of this to happen, especially when compared to other Zelda games that have much further time spans. Even if it isn't Ganon/dorf, that's still a very short amount of time for a new villain to come and cause a war and be captured and then be on the verge of being free again. When reading the story of the game (on the site that Viral supplied), they make it sound like it was some ancient war, but it was within the last century. That's not that ancient, especially for the events that occured in the BS.

Anyway, I'm more excited about this game now. If it isn't Ganon/dorf, then we won't have much to worry about in terms of the story/time line. If it is, then there's going to be more thinking to do on my part than I anticipated with this one, and we'll all probably be left with more questions than answers in the end.

I too believe that this will end up being more of a hassel than a help when dealing with the timeline.

Actually that made me think of something. If Ganon isn't in this, then we can conclude that the title Demon King is extremely generic, and thus unimportant.

For that matter, wouldn't that make the rest of the titles in the series useless, as well?

Also I wanted to note that the Hyrule crest is different. It replaced the Triforce with an upside-down triangle. I'd say it's pretty clear that it's a Force Gem.

Which further supports the idea that old Hyrule is gone and this is a new Hyrule with it's own traditions/style but still holds true to old Hyrule in some respects.

This may also be a connection to the FS series seeing as how FS/FSA dealt with Force Gems, but I cringe at that idea because I'm a CT placer. Still, food for thought.

100 years seems like a very short period of time for all of this to happen
Remember, the 100 years quote was Nintendo of America. I imagine (at the way it looks now) it might be longer than 100 years.

Although someone on LA made an interesting comparison (not saying I agree with it).
normal_oldperson.jpg
tetra.jpg

Definitely interesting.
For that matter, wouldn't that make the rest of the titles in the series useless, as well?
That's kinda what I was getting at.
This may also be a connection to the FS series seeing as how FS/FSA dealt with Force Gems, but I cringe at that idea because I'm a CT placer. Still, food for thought.
River Zora's (from ZU/ZI) timeline looks very, very appealing in this regard (except maybe the LoZ/AoL placement).

His timeline has FS/FSA on the AT, yet LttP on the CT. IIRC it's because he thinks that the intent behind the connections to LttP were severred when Miyamoto upended the teatable.

I mean if ST is ALL about Force/Force Gems, his timeline would be freaken awesome in overall consistency. Triforce arcs on the CT, Force Gem arcs on the AT.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
It's really a 50% chance that it could be Ganon/dorf. Or we could all be wrong, and be some totally brand new enemy being introduced.

Oh wait! Had brainfreeze! The old Ganon had a trident in the older games! Duh! Yes, that's right. I didn't understand what you meant by trident at first, then I remembered LTTP!

Yeah, he needs to ditch those two katanas from WW. They were terrible. He needs a sword-trident like OOT.

Ok, back on topic. The chances of Ganon/dorf actually appearing in this game are 50%. Evidence claiming terms of the "Demon King" being revived, as stated in the game, support this claim (as many other members have stated as well). Then, for all we know, we could be shellshocked, like with Bellum... :eek:

I had to come here after this. New Hyrule is confirmed, so I'll stick with my timeline...

For some reason the story reminded me a lot of both TMC's and FSA's backstories though... This game could tell the exact origin of the trident and/or the imprisonment of the moblins in the bound chest. Either way, it would confirm that the FSS takes place in the AT...

@Pinecove: It's obvious that some new traditions were made. (i.e. the guards wearing the Hero's Tunic) Food for thought.

I'm actually siqued (sp?) for this game now. I thought it would be dumb at first, but now I want to get it.

New Hyrule...

It's possible that AT placements for LoZ, AoL, ALttP, FSS, and OoX could work, but it's not very promising as of yet.

We'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: Wait...if the guards wear the Hero's Tunic, does that mean that the tunic is now insignificant? If so, it could lead right into LoZ, where the tunic has no significance at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom