• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My Updated Timeline!

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
A most likely timeline - Based on the forum and research

As I recently posted a new timeline, I have been convinced that I was wrong. Here is my new one!

NOTE!!: The middle timeline! All the - between OOT and FSA is just for making the timeline look like it is supposed to!

(at) / WW - PH - ST - MC - FS \
OOT---------------------------------FSA
(ct) \ MM - OOS|OOA - TP - (ZW) - \aLttP - LA - LoZ - AoL

Currently playing to decide placement:
OOX, FS/FSA, LA

AT explanation:

This one continues what happens AFTER Ganon is sealed in the Sacred Realm. In WW, Link kills Ganon for good in the AT era, and ends the Triforce, MS, and Ganon era in the AT. Therefore there is no more Master Sword, Triforce, og Ganondorf. They are lost under the sea. I assume that MC takes place another place in the Great Sea, or it takes place somewhere else in the new Hyrule. Why MC is being placed here is because that there is no Ganon, and there is no Master Sword or Triforce. Only the Light Force from Zelda. And the Light Force isn't the Triforce, now is it? EDIT: FS is now added as a sequel (not a direct) to MC, due to the Four Sword. The Four Sword is made during MC, which makes it logic to put it as a sequel. EDIT: FSA is colliding with the AT and the CT. The two "dimensions" is crashing, as Ganon is now being resurrected. Therefore FSA is added in the middle, as a sequel to aLttP and FS, due to it's similarities to aLttP (Dark world, dark mirror, maidens).
MAIN VILLAIN OF AT: Vaati (appears in different games)

CT explanation:

After OOT and Link gets sent back to his own time (seven years after adult Link), Ganon is being banished to the Twilight Realm by the Sages. A cutscene in TP explains this. Now I assume that Zelda Wii will take place between TP and LoZ due to the fact that in TP, the Temple of Time is destroyed. At the end of TP, you see whatshisface (the guy with the book in the resistance) examining the ToT, and appearently with plans to rebuild it. So, my guess is that the ToT will be destroyed in ZW, to only make the Pedestal with the MS stand in the Lost Woods in aLttP. Agahnim ressurects Ganon in aLttP, and he gets killed. Moving on... In LoZ, at the start, there is a small story explanation. It says that Princess Zelda shatters the Triforce of Wisdom so Ganon won't get it. Link has to recover those pieces and then save her. Now this part makes confusion. It says that Ganon STOLE the TF of Power, which make theories of putting it as the first. AoL is basically the sequel to LoZ. Now this is where I want to put in LA or OOX, but I'm not sure where to put them.
So... Hope this one actually makes sense! EDIT: OOX is basically confirmed to be in the CT, but I lack info on where to put it. The research I have done points out that it is a sequel as "He is beckoned by the sacred triangles, and they transport him to a world known as Holodrum/Labrynna, which is in dire need of the legendary hero." These two games I will believe is that OOS is to be set in the CT, but OOA to be set in the middle, as FSA, as the character Veran draws similarities to Vaati. OOS is the main villain Onox. Him and Veran are being controlled by Twinrowa (Koume and Kotake) to ressurect Ganon. As these two actually make an appearance in MM (before they are evil i believe, or else Nintendo were just lazy on making new NPC's). These were defeated in OOT as adult, but not as a kid, which may cause them to live on, and in OOT they are said to live long too. You need both games to finish it 100%, that gives a fight against them, and their surrogate SON!? Ganon. Therefore I am placing OOS and OOA between MM and TP. EDIT: OOA and OOS are basically the same games. Drawing links to the CT timeline with OOA was wrong. Mistake corrected. EDIT: Adding LA to the CT. I have reasons to believe that LA is the sequel to aLttP. EDIT: LA was made as a sequel to aLttP, which is most likely correct. EDIT: FSA is being put as a prequel to aLttP, due to it's similarities. FSA has items and a plot that connects it with the CT. Maybe the AT is over now? Maybe these connections ends the AT? FSA is now being used as a link to the CT timeline. Remember the title of aLttP = A Link to the Past.
Main Villain of CT: Ganon

'''':ganondorf:
'''':triforce:
:zelda: :)

Notify me if you have some info that pretty much decides that either LA, OOX, or FSA goes in on the timeline. Thx :)

OH AND BTW: This is my timeline. Be suggestive, dont be rude :)

Last edited:

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
ok so you are tring to say that the FS Saga happens after St. that doesnt make since why would they leave their new found home for another one. And FSA has many connections with ALTTP so they are usually paired together along with the fact that before ALTTP Ganon breaks out of the Four sword (due to FSA) and leaves the broken sword in the sanctuary you find it in ALTTP. And you didnt put LA or OOX on your timeline.
LA is usually after ALTTP due to it being the same link. And OOX is being debated right now in the thread i am attaching
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?7422-Oox-Placement

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
ok so you are tring to say that the FS Saga happens after St. that doesnt make since why would they leave their new found home for another one. And FSA has many connections with ALTTP so they are usually paired together along with the fact that before ALTTP Ganon breaks out of the Four sword (due to FSA) and leaves the broken sword in the sanctuary you find it in ALTTP. And you didnt put LA or OOX on your timeline.

I have never played FSA before. :( That is why I'm trying to play through it to find a place to put it.
And I did not put LA or OOX on the timeline because I have to figure out where they are suppoes to go.
And yes, MC and FS has to happen after ST, there can be no more explanation. In the CT, the Triforce goes on, and on, and on. In the AT, the triforce stops with WW.
PH is a direct sequel to WW, and ST is happening (i believe, cant remember) 50 years after PH. And population increases, they sometimes need new land, or maybe they went exploring. Either that, or the timeline splits once again.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk

As I am aware, I can put change my timeline now. LA is a sequel to aLttP.
FS seems like a sequel to MC, as the Four Sword is made during MC. I can put that up too.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
the placement for MC is really up for garbs but the most prominent placements of it are either in the front before OOT or after TP. Either way it really is hard to place anywhere due to their being no ganon/dorf in it. But since it is the beggining of Vaati it has to come before FS which is the prequel to FSA. But their are also other theories that say that MC happens at the beggining and then just like the master sword the four sword just sits their until Vaati breaks in FS which could be anywhere across the timeline. So what im trying to point out is that MC doesnt have a distinct place and most likely that place isnt after ST

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
FSA is colliding with the AT and the CT. The two "dimensions" is crashing, as Ganon is now being resurrected. Therefore FSA is added in the middle, as a sequel to aLttP and FS, due to it's similarities to aLttP (Dark world, dark mirror, maidens).
MAIN VILLAIN OF AT: Vaati (appears in different games)
1. You're making up stories to avoid conflictions. This makes less sense than OoX merging the timeline.
2. FSA would be a prequel to LttP. It shows how Ganondorf got the Trident of Power he uses in LttP, and the Palace of the Four Sword is seen in the GBA version of LttP with the shattered remains of the Four Sword that was used to seal Ganon in FSA.

Now I assume that Zelda Wii will take place between TP and LoZ due to the fact that in TP, the Temple of Time is destroyed. At the end of TP, you see whatshisface (the guy with the book in the resistance) examining the ToT, and appearently with plans to rebuild it. So, my guess is that the ToT will be destroyed in ZW, to only make the Pedestal with the MS stand in the Lost Woods in aLttP.
Miyamoto said it's in a "completely different era." I think it's safe to say that the degeneration of the ToT between TP and LttP doesn't need any extra explanation.

ok so you are tring to say that the FS Saga happens after St. that doesnt make since why would they leave their new found home for another one.
It could take place in New Hyrule. Though I agree that its ties with LttP says otherwise.

And yes, MC and FS has to happen after ST, there can be no more explanation. In the CT, the Triforce goes on, and on, and on. In the AT, the triforce stops with WW.
That is a valid point, though it is possible for it to just be locked away in the SR for three games.
PH is a direct sequel to WW, and ST is happening (i believe, cant remember) 50 years after PH. And population increases, they sometimes need new land, or maybe they went exploring. Either that, or the timeline splits once again.
100 years actually. And please don't mention the idea of another timeline split ever again... lol

This is a huge improvement over your last one. My major concern now is that center part. I just don't see any evidence for it, and I don't see how it could happen even hypothetically. Yes, there will be contradictions, but I don't think making up wild time warp theories is the best way to fix them.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
the placement for MC is really up for garbs but the most prominent placements of it are either in the front before OOT or after TP. Either way it really is hard to place anywhere due to their being no ganon/dorf in it. But since it is the beggining of Vaati it has to come before FS which is the prequel to FSA. But their are also other theories that say that MC happens at the beggining and then just like the master sword the four sword just sits their until Vaati breaks in FS which could be anywhere across the timeline. So what im trying to point out is that MC doesnt have a distinct place and most likely that place isnt after ST

Placing Minish Cap is the hardest, yes.
Maybe it needs an own timeline? Like the FST (four sword timeline)... Dunno.
MC should maybe be put in the middle?
I really dont think it should be put as the first, because you know the cutscenes that always come with the start of life with the goddesses and such...
It's just that there is no triforce at all in MC. Several things point at it being the first, other things to that it is a sequel to ST.
Maybe the Minish are the unevolved form of Kokiri? And what is pointing towards sequel to ST:
There are no Zora's in this game, because the Zora's disappeared before WW... And there is people way up in the sky... there's an ocarina... Yeah.
Hard to say this one...
I'll think about it ;)

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
1. You're making up stories to avoid conflictions. This makes less sense than OoX merging the timeline.
2. FSA would be a prequel to LttP. It shows how Ganondorf got the Trident of Power he uses in LttP, and the Palace of the Four Sword is seen in the GBA version of LttP with the shattered remains of the Four Sword that was used to seal Ganon in FSA.

Miyamoto said it's in a "completely different era." I think it's safe to say that the degeneration of the ToT between TP and LttP doesn't need any extra explanation.

It could take place in New Hyrule. Though I agree that its ties with LttP says otherwise.

That is a valid point, though it is possible for it to just be locked away in the SR for three games.
100 years actually. And please don't mention the idea of another timeline split ever again... lol

This is a huge improvement over your last one. My major concern now is that center part. I just don't see any evidence for it, and I don't see how it could happen even hypothetically. Yes, there will be contradictions, but I don't think making up wild time warp theories is the best way to fix them.

FSA may be a prequel to aLttP, I'll fix that.
Still there is a link between these two dimensons.
There still are things to happen in the Zelda Games. There might be a prequel to MC and a sequel to ST.
And sadly, if the timeline is going to be 100% (which seems impossible) there almost has to be another timeline split...
Maybe MC ends the AT timeline and therefore goes over to CT? It might be possible, think of the name: "A link to the past..."

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think post-ST is a very valid place to put MC. Most of the theorists over at ZI are leaning toward that placement I believe. I just don't do it because it's connected with FS/FSA which is connected with LttP which is connected with the CT. Though it took two months to decide that...

Yes, the FSS (Four Swords Saga) is pretty hard to place, but I don't think they should be excluded from the main timeline just because Nintendo failed to integrate it properly (they tried really hard, too -- FSA was supposed to be the Seal War before Miyamoto upended the tea table). I think the best strategy would be to just throw it in there next to the game that they obviously meant it to connect to (LttP) and accept the inconsistencies as victims of trying to integrate a new story into an existing one, and spend more time on the ones that are truely difficult to place, like LoZ and LttP.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
I think post-ST is a very valid place to put MC. Most of the theorists over at ZI are leaning toward that placement I believe. I just don't do it because it's connected with FS/FSA which is connected with LttP which is connected with the CT. Though it took two months to decide that...

Yes, the FSS (Four Swords Saga) is pretty hard to place, but I don't think they should be excluded from the main timeline just because Nintendo failed to integrate it properly (they tried really hard, too -- FSA was supposed to be the Seal War before Miyamoto upended the tea table). I think the best strategy would be to just throw it in there next to the game that they obviously meant it to connect to (LttP) and accept the inconsistencies as victims of trying to integrate a new story into an existing one, and spend more time on the ones that are truely difficult to place, like LoZ and LttP.

As LA is said to be the sequel to aLttP, I might read some interesting stuff here.
Zelda has (in the Light Force) a sense to sense evil. This is returns in MC, FS, FSA and aLttP. This is probably how she talks to Link from the beginning.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
As LA is said to be the sequel to aLttP, I might read some interesting stuff here.
Zelda has (in the Light Force) a sense to sense evil. This is returns in MC, FS, FSA and aLttP. This is probably how she talks to Link from the beginning.

I have edited the timeline, and FSA is now a prequel and a connector to the Child Timeline. Maybe the AT ends here?

Pinecove

Last Chance
On the FSA-ALttP possibility.

While I do agree it's possible (and most definitely probable), the story of FSA was going to be the back-story mentioned in ALttP (also known as the SW) but due to the story being too confusing it was scrapped. This may indicate that FSA doesn't have a relation to ALttP anymore. Even if it does it's not direct though.

Aonuma: In an example with Four Swords Adventures, I was the producer on that game, so I didn’t actually put the story for that game together—that would be put together by the director of the game. And in the end on that game, as we got closer to finishing it, of course, Mr. Miyamoto then came in and upended the tea table, and we changed the story around quite a bit at the end with Four Swords Adventures. And what Mr. Miyamoto pointed out in the case of that game was that the storyline shouldn’t be something complicated that confuses the player. It should really be kind of a guideline that helps ease the player through the gameplay process and helps them understand what it is that they’re doing. So that was one example of how the gameplay was there first, and the storyline changed all the way up until the very end.

source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=2180

First off, the Split Timeline is split. It does not connect back into a single timeline thus far. Every game that has been made either fits more on the CT or the AT. Its not just unlikely that those two timelines will ever connect, its impossible. They are separate universes altogether and will never interact. You have to understand how Nintendo, or more specifically, Aonuma, views the Split Timeline, in order to understand how it works.

The Four Sword Saga does not have to go together in the timeline. In fact, the games pretty much prohibit it. FSA shows MC as a distant prequel to FS, a legend even, and FS as a direct prequel. Therefore, we know that FSA is a sequel to FS and MC is a legend by this time. I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: Just because some games focus on Force Gems and others don't is not a good reason to base a timeline off of. Thats taking one point and making a timeline while neglecting all the others. FSA has more connections to ALttP than any other game, and it also shows connections to LoZ and OoT. Bottom line: FSA cannot come on the AT. Pretty much everything about the game prevents it. We know ST comes on the AT, and it has Force Gems, so that instantly breaks your cycle.

Also, I'd like to talk about what Locke said about MC being post-ST above. I believe that, even though they share similarities, this is impossble, for the same reasons you do, Locke. MC is connected to FS and FSA, and it will never not be connected. Those three games play out in their own little saga, but they do not have to go together. The only thing that is certain is that MC has to be before FS and FSA. Also, FS and FSA work on the CT, they do not work on the AT. I'll save a page worth of evidence just by saying that since FSA is a direct sequel to FS, and FSA is a distant prequel to ALttP, that means that MC has to be before ALttP as well, which puts it closer and closer to the beginning of the timeline. It doesn't make sense to come at a time after TP because FS/FSA makes sense to be there IMO. If it can't be after TP, and it surely can't be after OoT and before TP, then it can only be before OoT.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
First off, the Split Timeline is split. It does not connect back into a single timeline thus far. Every game that has been made either fits more on the CT or the AT. Its not just unlikely that those two timelines will ever connect, its impossible. They are separate universes altogether and will never interact. You have to understand how Nintendo, or more specifically, Aonuma, views the Split Timeline, in order to understand how it works.

The Four Sword Saga does not have to go together in the timeline. In fact, the games pretty much prohibit it. FSA shows MC as a distant prequel to FS, a legend even, and FS as a direct prequel. Therefore, we know that FSA is a sequel to FS and MC is a legend by this time. I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: Just because some games focus on Force Gems and others don't is not a good reason to base a timeline off of. Thats taking one point and making a timeline while neglecting all the others. FSA has more connections to ALttP than any other game, and it also shows connections to LoZ and OoT. Bottom line: FSA cannot come on the AT. Pretty much everything about the game prevents it. We know ST comes on the AT, and it has Force Gems, so that instantly breaks your cycle.

Also, I'd like to talk about what Locke said about MC being post-ST above. I believe that, even though they share similarities, this is impossble, for the same reasons you do, Locke. MC is connected to FS and FSA, and it will never not be connected. Those three games play out in their own little saga, but they do not have to go together. The only thing that is certain is that MC has to be before FS and FSA. Also, FS and FSA work on the CT, they do not work on the AT. I'll save a page worth of evidence just by saying that since FSA is a direct sequel to FS, and FSA is a distant prequel to ALttP, that means that MC has to be before ALttP as well, which puts it closer and closer to the beginning of the timeline. It doesn't make sense to come at a time after TP because FS/FSA makes sense to be there IMO. If it can't be after TP, and it surely can't be after OoT and before TP, then it can only be before OoT.
i never really liked the idea of MC before OOT but lately ive been leaning towards it but i didnt like it in front because of all of the things in OOT that spelled out everything they believed in. But i just thought that that doesnt matter because those things probably happened ages before OOT and between those events and OOT MC could fit easily. Another thing is that their is no Ganon in MC and this could be because he hasnt existed yet because in this placement Ganondorf hasnt gotten the triforce.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Bottom line: FSA cannot come on the AT. Pretty much everything about the game prevents it. We know ST comes on the AT, and it has Force Gems, so that instantly breaks your cycle.

Eh. While I agree with you FSA most likely comes on the CT, it isn't fact that it can't come on the AT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom