• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Touching Moment

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
What is your most touching moment in any Zelda game? If it was sad, happy or whatever.

Mine has GOT to be when Midna is talking to Link before entering the Gerudo Mesa...
It made me sad and a little angry reading what they had been through... And how they did not deserve it.
But I have also got another one...

In the credits of TP, when Midna is saying goodbye... I kinda dont wanna tell people this, but I had a tear standing in my eye.
Completely honest. It was so sad to see her leave... Forever.

Those are mine! What are yours?

I tottaly agree with the scence when Midna is leaving!
I think it was the most touching moment to me. when we think that she will turn into darkness to go back to the Twilight realm, but instead she turns into light, and when she breaks the mirror with her tear, it is so exciting and touching!

Tom

Indeed, Twilight Princess' ending is one of the most touching LoZ moments of all. It's a shame I can't remember everything from the other Zelda games I've played...
This next one isn't really a 'moment', but having Dampé (one of my favorite characters) out of the stage forever makes me sad. Nobody cares for him. Majora's Mask isn't underrated, Dampé's awesomeness is, lol.

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
For me the most touching moment would be the Zelda flash back scene in Majora's Mask, hands down. Being a major Zelda x Link shipper, this was a scene that I thought really brought a meaning to their relationship. And I felt that returning to Zelda after saving Termina was really one of the driving points of the plot in Majora's Mask. And I thought that it was more of a point that worked in the back ground and tied into the surreal themes of Majora's Mask. Themes of trust and friendship.

I also felt that Tatl sending Link away was basically her telling Link that sure, he didn't find Navi or whoever he was looking for, but he has another friend waiting back at home for him. Zelda. Also, it was just really cute.

Din Akera

Sniper
I think the midna scene is the top of the list. But i two more that i want to mention:
1) in OoT when Saria give Link the her ocarina and then Link backs awaya and turns and runs after her heartfelt story....awwwww.
2) MM when tatl tells the story of how her tael and the skull kid became friends, when they are shivering in the rain.....again....awwwwww!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
One really touching moment was at the end of WW, when Zelda pleaded with the King to come with them, and Link tried to grab his hand to pull him up after the flood, and the King just smiled and let himself sink, that was just...I was speechless.

However, the most touching moment for me was the scene at the end of ST (I don't know if ST endings still require spoiler tags, but if they do, the rest of this paragraph is a spoiler). Since I'm a major ZeLink shipper too, that moment where they held each others' hands was huge for me. I felt like screaming "finally!!!" in a really heartfelt way.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Most touching moment... well I guess if I had to choose one I'd have to rate them so...

#10. Midna Leaves

This always makes me feel sad. Midna and Link are like really good friends and now Midna has to leave in order to rule the Twili but instead of leaving the Mirror of Twilight in order to be able to see Link and Zelda, she destroys it so that way a repeat of Twilight Princess isn't possible.

#9. Anjean and the Lokomo Tribe Leave

This makes me feel sad every time I see it. Anjean and the Lokomos leave Hyrule after being their guardians for so long and really I grew quite attached to each of them.

#8. Byrne Dies

I'm always sad during this scene. Byrne was such a cool dude and he finally had a breakthrough, but then stupid Malludus killed him. It's not fair.

#7. The King Dies

This always makes me feel sad. The King was like this really good person and then he died with the kingdom he once ruled.

#6. Aryll is Rescued

Again, a warm fuzzy feeling. Aryll is finally rescued by her big brother who's been risking his life to do so. Reminds me of what I'd do for my own little sister.

#5. Link and Zelda in Love

Not too much to explain. Link and Zelda are in love and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

#4. Colin Believes in Link

This makes me happy because Colin is basically a fraidy cat who would probably be the first to give up, but he still has faith in Link.

#3. Link and Ilia

I dunno why, but watching that cutscene makes me all happy and stuff.

#2. Saria Says Goodbye

This doesn't seem to need any explaination but I'll give one anyways. Link and Saria are basically very good friends (if not in love) and Saria has to leave forever. Does that not wrench your heart [container]?

#1. Anju and Kafei Wait to Die

I'm pretty sure this doesn't need explaining. Anju and Kafei are separated because Kafei was cursed by the Skull Kid to be a kid and he eventually went back to his would be wife, Anju, after getting a special mask to make the Couple's Mask and then they wait to die. It's argueably the most touching moment in the whole series.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
For me:

The most touching for me is a scene in Majora's Mask:

When you complete the Reuniting the Lovers quest... Anju and little Kafei finally are together, but the moon is about to fall. They tell Link to go find shelter, that they'll be okay because they're ready to "face the dawn together." GAH! Cue tears! It's a sentimental punch in the gut. I think the only thing that kept me from bawling at that scene was knowing that I was going to reset time and eventually beat the game and make everything right in the end.

For old skool game: I find a scene in A Link to the Past very touching. When you find the Flute Boy's flute (ocarina) and he wants to hear one last song before he... turns into a tree. And then you have to go and tell his father at the tavern in Kakariko.

Some scenes that touched me in Twilight Princess were already mentioned, so I'll mention some that were not:

Rutella at the grave - where she gives Link the Zora Armor and asks him to tell her son that she loves him, is proud of him and wants him to be brave... and doesn't finish before she fades off into the grave.

The end of the "save Midna" scene where Midna is desperate to tell Zelda how to lift the curse on Link and wants her to help *him* rather than herself.

After saving Colin from King Bulbin... the poor injured kid looks to Beth and says "Beth...I'm sorry for pushing you." Aw...

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Man this is a tough one. There were a lot of things that made me go awwww. But here's some that I can think of for the moment.

Everytime Link played the Song of Healing in MM. Seeing Darmani's and Mikau's fantasies come true after theuy just risked everything to help their people made me feel so bad. And reuniting the father and daughter in Ikana made me feel all warm inside.

The part that made me the saddest was once again in MM. When I lost the challenge with Kafei and Link. I absolutely hated leaving Kafei in that cave by himself, even if I could rewind time.

Ezlo leaving Link in MC was incredibly sad.

And finally, the last one I can think of, is the reuniting of Link and Midna after you defeat Ganondorf. Link just looks so happy. When do you ever see Link happy? I mean about to cry happy.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
Some of the most touching moments for me (all from TP) are:

When Link first turns into a wolf, that part was just really exciting for me

When Midna and Link are About to enter the realm of Twilight, and Link figures out what Midna has been keeping from him.

And the end, I haven't seen it yet but I watched a YouTube video of it, and I almost started crying... :embarrassed:

Oh and I thought of one more, this is from SP:

When Byrne dies, I actually started crying, I was so sad.

Video games do have that affect on me, I get really attached to the characters.:embarrassed:

T

Tily

My most touching moments all belong to Majora's Mask. No other Zelda game ever made me care more for any npc other than Majora's Mask. Not saying the other games are bad! Just I loved so many moments from Majora's Mask.

My two most heartfelt moments, which I can't decide on, are when you save Anju and Kafei's marriage and they give you the couple's mask and a very underrated quest in Majora's Mask. Allowing the mail carrier in Majora's Mask to leave Clock Town and save himself from the blast. It made me so happy to be able to tell him he did a good job and he was allowed to leave. =)

CZG

There are many, many moments in the Zelda seres that struck me, a few of them are mentioned above, but here is another one:

The moment that I beat my own shadow in The Adventure of Link....
In game, it's not such a big deal. You win and it ends just like about every 8-bit game.

But... When I beat this game I was a bit shocked. Did I, beat it?
What to do? I hoped for a second quest of course, but you could have seen that coming, there wasn't one.
What to do? I played LoZ over and over already, beat the whole Mario series, ripped the Turtles apart and killed Wonderboy in Monsterland...

I secretly started all over again. I just wasn't ready to leave this game.
Not being the downstabbing Link anymore was quite a shock to me.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
God damn, been a long time since I've played Majoras Mask... I now remember the scene where Tatl explains to Link about how they met the Skull Kid and how he was crying in the rain...

I really really felt sorry for the guy that I hated from the start of the game...
After that scene, I couldn't really be angry at him...
Even though he was a jerk...
He only wanted friends...

At the start of the game I was like "IMA KILL THAT LITTLE FCKER!" but after that scene, I wasn't like that... I only wanted to free him from the mask...

Another touching moment, definentally.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The most Touching Moment to me..... Well the people above me mentioned some things that are memorable which i like as well, like Anju and Kafei, King Bublin strikes and Colin kidnapped, Midna Departing, and Queen Rutela's last will.

But the most Memorable of all was at Link's Awakening. Why?

Marin found you at the shore unconscious and you try to help her, have fun and even listen to her singing. I loved it whenever she sings she stops all animals and they listen to her wonderful song. I wanted it to last... but alas, All was but a dream, I really hated that Marin was an illusion, an representation of Link's "Interest"(Zelda, why? Link taught marin was Zelda but she's not. And she almost looks like her, almost. :P).

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
It wasn't at the time, but when you learn Saria's Song.
It was the last time that you see her as a full Kokiri before she becomes a sage.
My favourite Zelda character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom