• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Overrated Zelda Game

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I can understand those who say OoT, not that I agree, but I understand it. It's the most popularly rated game out of all Zelda titles and people constantly compare other games to it. I also understand those who say TP because it speaks to OoT-nostalgists like me, but I don't understand those who say WW (which I absolutely love) or SS (which I'm not that fond of) since they don't seem to get that much love or praise compared to other Zelda titles.

My personal pick would probably be ALttP, it was so hyped up for me with people praising it left and right and when I finally went about playing it after finishing ALBW, I was just... disappointed. Not that it was bad, it just was so underwhelming compared to everything I had heard. Definitely a huuuge step up from the games that came before, but it just didn't measure up to what people kept saying, so in my mind that's the most overrated Zelda game.

I can understand those who say OoT, not that I agree, but I understand it. It's the most popularly rated game out of all Zelda titles and people constantly compare other games to it. I also understand those who say TP because it speaks to OoT-nostalgists like me, but I don't understand those who say WW (which I absolutely love) or SS (which I'm not that fond of) since they don't seem to get that much love or praise compared to other Zelda titles.

My personal pick would probably be ALttP, it was so hyped up for me with people praising it left and right and when I finally went about playing it after finishing ALBW, I was just... disappointed. Not that it was bad, it just was so underwhelming compared to everything I had heard. Definitely a huuuge step up from the games that came before, but it just didn't measure up to what people kept saying, so in my mind that's the most overrated Zelda game.

In feel like ALBW has made ALTTP redundant to me, it did everything better. Every single thing.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
Wind Waker. I seriously can't find the appeal in it. Its Charming and has a gigantic world, yes, but thats kinda where my positive comments end. Don't hate me guys, but I never liked those toon graphics either.

Ocarina of Time by a LONGSHOT. Pun intended. It's not a bad game, but it's a drag to get through. And I feel that wouldn't be the case if the child section weren't so boring and the text speed was faster and there weren't a million cutscenes and Navi would shut up, but it is.

I would say Skyward Sword has these problems too, but since the text speed is faster I find it more tolerable on replays.

Hmmm, a few but for different reasons.

Ocarina of time; its a damn near perfect game, it was revolutionary, it should be a yard stick for all 3d games, especially Zelda BUT it has detracted and been the inspiration to faults of varying degrees for Zelda games that came after it.

Tri force heroes; because it has 'Zelda' in the title.

Skyward sword; mostly because people still lord the controls, and it was the first Zelda game for a new generation who didnt/still don't know any better

A Link between worlds; take away all of the elements from Alttp and this game has nothing to offer, and to me, the elements it did add were a little insulting to Alttp's memory

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
A Link Between Worlds is the worst offender of all of them. I know people like to say it's Ocarina of Time, but I don't actually feel like it's that overrated, it's still excellent. But A Link Between Worlds..... it's vastly overrated. It's a bland, painfully mediocre game that's got way too much praise that it didn't deserve. People were all nostalgic over A Link to the Past and ignored its glaring flaws. I eventually stopped playing and went and played A Link to the Past itself and enjoyed it a lot more. I have no idea how ALBW gets so much praise when it's such a bad game. The graphics were not cute and charming like Wind Waker's. It made it look like everything was made of balloons. It looked ridiculous. The item mechanics were a joke. I didn't like any of the characters. The story's plot twists were obvious and not the least bit entertaining. Ugh.... it ranks very low on my list of Zelda games from best to worst, being beat out only by Skyward Sword.

It really was an insult to A Link to the Past's memory. I'd rather have an modern, faithful remake of A Link to the Past than this piece of trash.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I recently slogged through aLttP again....after ALBW this game feels so much worse now. It just feels like...a watered down version. I don't care about limitations...a truly good game is timeless. The combat is clunky, the puzzles are non-existent, the forced exploration was only tolerable because I've beaten it before. There was no real story at all and the characters were bare minimum.

ALBW isn't a masterpiece, and honestly I'd put it down as average, but it, at least, has something to offer. The combat is passable, there are some OK puzzles, and the story--while bare bones--is still there. All the issues I have with the game are crap leftover from aLttP, such as its non-linearity limiting puzzles to only 1-2 dungeon items and making the solution very predictable most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom