• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Than One Ganon?

What about Oot and Tp? In those games when you fight Ganondorf he turns into Ganon thus meaning they are likely one and thee same. But actually with the split timeline thing there are two Ganon/dorfs. They're paradoxed. But aside from that it's not possible.

"=/=" means "not equal to," which isn't what you're thinking.

He was saying there's not much evidence to the "Ganondorf is not equal to Ganon" theory. Thus, that they are one in the same.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Thus, that they are one in the same.

In a manor of speaking.

Ganondorf the man can literally turn into Ganondorf the Maou (Demon) but if Ganondorf is destoryed, there's evidance to suggest that Ganon can live on his own.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
But doesn't Ganon die? Because in OOT, he was locked away by the sages for 100 years (I think) and then was let free or something. Could that mean that there is only one Ganon?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
In a manor of speaking.

Ganondorf the man can literally turn into Ganondorf the Maou (Demon) but if Ganondorf is destoryed, there's evidance to suggest that Ganon can live on his own.

I think the second time you mentioned Ganondorf you meant to say Ganon.

But doesn't Ganon die? Because in OOT, he was locked away by the sages for 100 years (I think) and then was let free or something. Could that mean that there is only one Ganon?

OoT- Ganondorf is defeated by Link. He turns into Ganon who is also defeated by Link. Ganon/dorf is sealed away (on the AT) in the SR until WW comes.

WW- Ganon/dorf somehow escapes his prison and hundreds of years later a new Link defeats Ganondorf (who seemingly has the spirit of Ganon in his body as well). It is highly debated whether or not Ganondorf is dead at the end of WW or just turned to stone.

OoT CT- Ganondorf is left alone until he does something outrageous that causes him to be captured and sentenced to execution/sent to the Twilight Realm.

TP- Ganondorf uses Zant to escape the Twilight Realm and is defeated by another new Link. Ganondorf turns into Ganon who is defeated by Link. Link stabs Ganon/dorf and it's made pretty clear Ganondorf is dead.

All three of those Ganondorfs mentioned in different games are the same person/demon.

My theory is, that after Ganondorf is killed in TP, FSA introduces a new Ganondorf, but the demon (Ganon) takes over this new Ganondorf's body. Same name, different "human", same demon in his body.

That's my theory anyway. This means 2 things if you follow my theory.

1. There are 2 Ganondorfs, 1 Ganon.
2. The original Ganondorf lives in 2 seperate timelines but that does not mean that they are 2 seperate Ganondorfs. Still the same person, just in parallel timelines.

Z

ZeldaGirl1

Actually, he never really dies, most of the time he just ends up sealed for a long time till the next game.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
I think that FSA does NOT include a new Ganon/dorf. It is said that Ganondorf is after the Trident of Power. Now I think it is the same Ganon/dorf because of the fact that he is a part of the Gerudo, and that he is not respected. I do in fact believe that FSA takes place in a different universe/time line. Also ,"Ganon then tries to kill Link with the Trident of Power to end it there." Of course there is no two. Ganon dies and is resurrected by Twinrova/His minions (Adventure of Link). Ganon/dorf's time line is another story all by it self.

EDIT: As ZeldaGirl stated, he is in fact sealed away. So is Ganondorf, it is possible that Ganondorf ended up in a different era where it's a new tribe of Gerudos.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Actually, he never really dies, most of the time he just ends up sealed for a long time till the next game.

The only games he is sealed in anything is FSA and OoT (and ALTTP BS). Every other game he is just defeated.

In WW he is stabbed in the head and turned to stone. In TP he is stabbed and you see the Triforce mark leave his hand (which means the ToP left him) and he loses life (clearly dies). As I said, he is killed more than he is sealed.

I think that FSA does NOT include a new Ganon/dorf. It is said that Ganondorf is after the Trident of Power. Now I think it is the same Ganon/dorf because of the fact that he is a part of the Gerudo, and that he is not respected. I do in fact believe that FSA takes place in a different universe/time line. Also ,"Ganon then tries to kill Link with the Trident of Power to end it there." Of course there is no two. Ganon dies and is resurrected by Twinrova/His minions (Adventure of Link). Ganon/dorf's time line is another story all by it self.

EDIT: As ZeldaGirl stated, he is in fact sealed away. So is Ganondorf, it is possible that Ganondorf ended up in a different era where it's a new tribe of Gerudos.

You just said that FSA Ganondorf was a Gerudo who was not respected. That is the complete opposite of OoT Ganondorf. OoT Ganondorf was the king of the Gerudo and all of them respected him (except for Nabooru) so you just contradicted yourself and helped prove they are 2 different Ganondorfs.

And as I said before, I believe there are 2 Ganondorfs but all Ganons are the same.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
The only games he is sealed in anything is FSA and OoT (and ALTTP BS). Every other game he is just defeated.

In WW he is stabbed in the head and turned to stone. In TP he is stabbed and you see the Triforce mark leave his hand (which means the ToP left him) and he loses life (clearly dies). As I said, he is killed more than he is sealed.

You just said that FSA Ganondorf was a Gerudo who was not respected. That is the complete opposite of OoT Ganondorf. OoT Ganondorf was the king of the Gerudo and all of them respected him (except for Nabooru) so you just contradicted yourself and helped prove they are 2 different Ganondorfs.

And as I said before, I believe there are 2 Ganondorfs but all Ganons are the same.

He was "King of all Gerudos", but was not respected by all. Really, as I said before, there is a backstory. "A man would be born every 100 years in the gerudo tribe and then be the king". So in a way, yeah I did contradict my self. I did read some where that he was hated after betraying them. In OOT I think there are some gerudos, that when you speak with them they say they hate men. (In a way Ganondorf) It is all hard to explain.

Ganondorf was king of the Gerudos before he became corrupt with power. It was said that he wanted the Triforce for the better of his people. In reality he wanted to rule the world. I am making no sense so you guys could pick it off from here!

Z

ZeldaGirl1

He was "King of all Gerudos", but was not respected by all. Really, as I said before, there is a backstory. "A man would be born every 100 years in the gerudo tribe and then be the king". So in a way, yeah I did contradict my self. I did read some where that he was hated after betraying them. In OOT I think there are some gerudos, that when you speak with them they say they hate men. (In a way Ganondorf) It is all hard to explain.

Ganondorf was king of the Gerudos before he became corrupt with power. It was said that he wanted the Triforce for the better of his people. In reality he wanted to rule the world. I am making no sense so you guys could pick it off from here!

Yo wait, dont forget about the split timeline!
Ganon was sealed in OoT, then the split timeline happend, thus creating "two" ganondorfs.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
In a way, no, it is possible that Ganon/dorf was sent to another dimension, or resurrected in another time. Ganon has been killed about 2 times, yes KILLED, in Adventure of Link, Ganon's minions attempt to revive him by killing Link, then mixing his ash when Link's blood. And then he is resurrected in OOX by Twinrova. Sacrificing their body to revive him made Ganon go berserk since the sacrifice was in-pure.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

There is only one Gerudo who says she hates Ganondorf and that is the Gerudo who becomes a sage. The other Gerudos say they hate men EXCEPT for Ganondorf who is the only one worthy enough to be among them. He wouldn't be their king if they all hated him.

The part in FSA that talks about Ganondorf being a Gerudo thief that no one respects is one of those things that leads people to believe that it's a different Ganondorf because all but one of his followers did respect him enough to still follow him.

In fact, it's believed that the reason there are no Gerudo in TP is because Ganondorf used them as his army sometime after OoT to get the Triforce but they failed and whichever ones didn't die in the battle were sentenced to death (like Ganondorf was in a flashback cutscene in TP). Ganondorf couldn't die because of the ToP so he was sent to the Twilight Realm.

In a way, no, it is possible that Ganon/dorf was sent to another dimension, or resurrected in another time. Ganon has been killed about 2 times, yes KILLED, in Adventure of Link, Ganon's minions attempt to revive him by killing Link, then mixing his ash when Link's blood. And then he is resurrected in OOX by Twinrova. Sacrificing their body to revive him made Ganon go berserk since the sacrifice was in-pure.

I'll try and make this clear again. There is only one Ganon. Ganondorf is a man/human/Gerudo. Ganon is a demon/beast. They are not the same person they just happened to have resided in the same body at the beginning of the timeline.

Also, in OoX, Twinrova only resurrect a shell of Ganon's body. He is a completely mindless beast and there are very few people who actually consider it to be the true Ganon.

You said he was killed in 2 games and you mentioned AoL so you know that LoZ is one of those games Ganon is killed in. The other game Ganon is killed in is ALTTP and if you put AoL and OoX sometime after ALTTP then there is no explanation of how he just magically is alive again in the series after ALTTP.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I think the second time you mentioned Ganondorf you meant to say Ganon.

Er...yeah thanks.

Point is that Ganon can live without Ganondorf for atleast 7 years as shown by AST asuming it's Canon. If not we have AoL.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Haha, I feel so ignorant. Ok, it seems there are TWO Ganondorfs, but only one Ganon. If so, how is it the same Ganon? Easy theories such as he would control the person who would fit his evil needs, or that the Trident of Power or Triforce of Power would consume them in Ganon's wrath or something.

^A general theory is that it's the Ganon spirit, but Ganondorf's body.

Idk the only evidence for it is that apparently there's an interview where they say that all Ganon's are the same (Lex never showed me the interview, though...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom