• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Than One Ganon?

Pinecove

Last Chance
There are 2 Ganondorfs and 2, maybe 1, Ganon.

That is the minimum, though more Ganons may be speculated upon.

There's only ONE Ganon throughout the series. The demonic spirit which originates from the ToP and is carried throughout the Trident.

Edit:

^^ yeah okay that makes sense I guess. I'm too tired to argue about some stuff regarding OoT and AlttP Ganon. I'll talk to you in the morning.

I believe that there are 2 ganons. Also, I don't necessarily think that there is a past and a future split time-line. Here is my explanation:

In OoT, Link is sent through time 7 years into the future to beat Ganon who has caused havoc all over the land of Hyrule. After the events of OoT, Zelda sends Link back into the 7 years past. Link goes back to the castle to tell Zelda of the news. She then proceeds to tell the King of Hyrule of what happened. Ganon is then sent to be sealed away by the sages, of which are still intact because Ganon has not caused Havoc to Hyrule. After he was sealed away, the future (of when Zelda sent link back 7 years and no Link was there) that we know it to lead to WW has been completely erased forever.

A short while later, Link tells Zelda that he must leave to find his friend Navi. He then leaves Hyrule. After years of peace, Ganon escapes the seal and takes over Hyrule, which then proceeds into the great flood because Link never came back to stop Ganon. I wonder why that is? Well, in MM, Link traveled through a hallway that twisted. Most people believe Link went through a parallel dimension. If that is the case, then there are two Hyrules: Hyrule A and Hyrule B (After going through the hallway). Also at this time his Triforce of Courage must of split into 8 shards during going through it. He wasn't in Hyrule A anymore. The forest he was in, in this case, must of still been part of Hyrule. Link travels in the forest after the events of MM. Who knows where he went. Though it defiantly would lead to TP because he eventually makes it back to Hyrule (Hyrule :cool: I believe.

So, in conclusion, Hyrule B leads to TP while Hyrule A leads to WW. Thinking from a "Back to the Future" perspective, there is no possible way that a past branch in the time-line and a future branch in the time-line could exist, as something in the past can change something in the future. The hallway in MM is something that seems to be overlooked in my opinion, and could maybe be the major key between this split time-line. There are two different ganons in this case.

The confirmed timeline so far is this:

----/--WW/PH
OoT
----\MM--TP

MM only happens on the CT (Child Timeline), and WW happens on the AT (Adult Timeline). This has been confirmed by Eiji Aonuma, the writer of the games' plot. If your theories don't mirror his quotes, your theory won't be accepted, and it's wrong. Period.

I think this:

AT: One Ganondorf who has the power to become "Ganon" through his ToP. Currently in the bottom of the ocean with an excruciating migrain.

CT: Two Ganondorfs. OoT Ganondorf has the ability to become Ganon through his ToP. OoT Ganondorf is the same one from TP. His location as of now is either dead, or in hiding. FSA Ganondorf becomes Ganon through the Trident permanently. This is the same Ganon in ALttP, and possibly LoZ and AoL, and OoX.

Pinecove said:
There's only ONE Ganon throughout the series. The demonic spirit which originates from the ToP and is carried throughout the Trident.
That's VERY debatable. 1) I still haven't gotten that quote from Lex about there only being one Ganon. I'd really like to see it in context. 2) So you believe that the trident of OoX was the Yorishiro, then?

G

ganonlord6000

I believe that there are two Ganondorfs. I believe that all of the Ganons have the same spirit (not a spirit in the trident. That was a mistranslation). The first and only Ganon is who Ganondorf dies in TWW and TP depending on the timeline. FSA introduces a new Ganondorf (possibly a reincarnation of OOT's Ganon) who permanantly becomes a demon (and does a good job of retconing his transformation in ALTTP's manual) who lasts until ALTTP (not completely dead) and LOZ (definatly dead). I beleive that LOZ's Ganon was the one that was resurrected in the oracles.

Pinecove

Last Chance
That's VERY debatable. 1) I still haven't gotten that quote from Lex about there only being one Ganon. I'd really like to see it in context. 2) So you believe that the trident of OoX was the Yorishiro, then?

I'm pretty sure I've seen it....

HELL NO! I believe the Trident to be a weapon symbolic of Ganon, hense when he got it in OoX he put alot of his dark energy into it which is what we see in FSA.

His soul survives after his body is destroyed as proved by AST, but after it's destroyed once it has to be revived (like in OoX). The moment Ganon touched the ToP he bacame something else.

I hope that cleared that up.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it....

HELL NO! I believe the Trident to be a weapon symbolic of Ganon, hense when he got it in OoX he put alot of his dark energy into it which is what we see in FSA.

His soul survives after his body is destroyed as proved by AST, but after it's destroyed once it has to be revived (like in OoX). The moment Ganon touched the ToP he bacame something else.

I hope that cleared that up.

How do you manage to put OoX before FSA?

OoX has to follow a game where Ganon dies. That's either LoZ (technically AoL seeing as how it's a direct sequel to LoZ) or ALttP. Plus FSA introduces how Ganondorf gets stuck being Ganon...You can't have a game with Ganon in it until after FSA.

C

Colin Creevey

^I agree. I'm partial to the blue-Ganon-originates-in-FSA theory myself. Sorry Pinecove.

Pinecove uses the presence of the oracles in TMC as evidence that OOX precedes the Four Swords saga. Among other evidence.

Pinecove

Last Chance
How do you manage to put OoX before FSA?

OoX has to follow a game where Ganon dies. That's either LoZ (technically AoL seeing as how it's a direct sequel to LoZ) or ALttP. Plus FSA introduces how Ganondorf gets stuck being Ganon...You can't have a game with Ganon in it until after FSA.

I place LoZ before OoS/OoA.......

Long story for OoX-FSA.

^I agree. I'm partial to the blue-Ganon-originates-in-FSA theory myself. Sorry Pinecove.

Bull****. Ganon in LoZ is blue and he doesn't have the same title as FSA Ganon hense blue Ganon does not originate in FSA.

He put his power into the trident? What in OoX EVER implies that?

The fact that he summons it from mid air? I'm not saying he put his powers into it in OoX, I'm saying he had his powers in it all along but when he became Yami no maou his powers in the Trident became powers of darkness.

Get it?

Pinecove uses the presence of the oracles in TMC as evidence that OOX precedes the Four Swords saga. Among other evidence.

I just think OoX works best after AoL and sinse I believe AoL to go after PH...

Zarom

The King
There is only 1 Ganon. He is always the same, he is immortal. In some games, he is resurrected. But if we consider that there is the separate timeline, then there is the WW Ganon/dorf and the TP Ganon/dorf. One was sealed in the Sacred Realm, and the other one has been sent in the Twilight Realm. :ganondorf:=:ganondorf:

The fact that he summons it from mid air?
jojojo nice fanfic pinecopy :P

Seriously, though, that is 100% unfounded. He doesn't summon it from mid-air, he just uses it in the fight.

Unless you're saying he instantaneously summons and dismisses it before and after every single trident attack. Which is completely ridiculous.
I'm not saying he put his powers into it in OoX, I'm saying he had his powers in it all along but when he became Yami no maou his powers in the Trident became powers of darkness.
From everything I know about OoX (which is quite a bit) that is completely unfounded and is 100% fanfic.

Steve

5/19/13
Well, what needs to be understood is that Ganon and Ganondorf, while the same, are also two different things at the same time. Ganon, the beast, is more of a spirit in reality. So while Four Swords Adventures introduces a new Ganondorf, the spirit of Ganon is the same one Link has dealt with in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom