• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Miyamoto on Zelda Wii

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Miyamoto Reveals New Zelda Wii Info

During his round-table conference at E3, Miyamoto revealed some new Zelda Wii info. Here's what was said (quotes from IGN, and Gamespot):

-Shows new illustration for the next Zelda for Wii. Nothing to show yet, but it shows an adult link. More grown up than ever before.

"We'd like to make it compatible with Wii MotionPlus. It's quite possible it will be playable only with Wii MotionPlus."

"Think of Zelda while you're trying some of the archery and sword play in Wii Sports Resort," Miyamoto say.

"There are people who think of Zelda more as an RPG with simpler controls, so trying to figure out how to make everybody happy is something that's going to concern me," says Miyamoto.

It's not much, but still pretty cool. I'm off to see if I can find a photo of the image he showed, but there was no photography allowed, so chances are slim. It sounds like maybe Link might be truly an adult, not just teenaged to late-teens. Very cool, I think.

BIG UPDATE:

-The team is aiming to bring it out next year (!!!)

Last edited:

Shnappy

derp
Awesome, I had hoped for a new Zelda Wii. Although I think they should make it compatible without Wii MotionPlus. I didn't really like the look of Wii MotionPlus, but if I need it to play a Zelda game, I'd get it. And I want Zant again, although the chances of that are slim to none. Everyone hates him, I don't know why. He's a great character that I loved in TP, so maybe another Wii Game could have him, possibly a prequel to TP in the timeline. If a character works well in a game for the same platform, bring him back.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Wow, awesome news. Even though I don't own a wii, but this is good news, more news of a new Zelda game! Now I really want a Wii.

S

Summer Lawliet

I wish I had a Wii! I think I will have to get one soon. I will if I want to play TP and This new one... X3

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I really hope this game isn't a let down in terms of seriousness like Spirit Tracks was. I'm really hoping for a more mature game, something following the same track as Twilight Princess did. For me, it's gotten to the point that I'm not too concerned about the storyline, as long as the game is something to be taken seriously, not something that is so off tangent that becomes laughable.

I'm feeling pretty confident that a serious game will be made, what with Link looking more grown up than ever, which lightens my prospects of this game. Good or bad, I can't wait to see the outcome.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I wish I had a Wii! I think I will have to get one soon. I will if I want to play TP and This new one... X3

You can play TP on Gamecube if you have one.

Awesome, I had hoped for a new Zelda Wii. Although I think they should make it compatible without Wii MotionPlus. I didn't really like the look of Wii MotionPlus, but if I need it to play a Zelda game, I'd get it. And I want Zant again, although the chances of that are slim to none. Everyone hates him, I don't know why. He's a great character that I loved in TP, so maybe another Wii Game could have him, possibly a prequel to TP in the timeline. If a character works well in a game for the same platform, bring him back.

Zant won't make a return unless they do a prequel, like you mentioned, but I don't see that happening since there is quite obviously no Link between MM and TP. I liked Zant, but the fact that he was just being used by Ganondorf made him seem useless, but he was cool until you found that out about him.

I also want to add that I am not sure of the idea of an actual, adult Link. I think the thing that makes Link so great is that he is a kid who saves the world. He is an unknowing, underdog.

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The line about it being an RPG with simpler controls, made me dream of something.
Level up system ala Castlevania post-SotN.
It would be great.
Also, the idea of using the bow and arrows like in Wii sports resort looks great.
I'm considering buying Wii Sports Resort because it includes the wii motion plus and that awesome archery game

I cant wait to see what the game is like. I would prefer this game over ST becasue it will be more comllexe, and graphics are gonna be awsome. I hope it has a very interesting story as well.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Here's a better description of what the image looked like. Still no actual image. I was hoping Nintendo would give it to the press as a teaser to put out there, but it seems unlikely since the whole event was no photography, and this appears to be the only item that wasn't previously shown. IE - They don't want the general public to see it yet, just know about it.

Anyway, here's the bigger description from 1up.com:

"During the discussion, Miyamoto briefly showed an image from the game featuring a mature Link barely visible through a broken wall. Although the picture only showed Link from behind, a short girl in a long robe stood in full view at Link's back. Wearing a crystal necklace and emanating a blue aura, she gave off an otherworldly look -- akin to Zora from Ocarina of Time."

And a bit more from G4:

"...it featured a tall, strident-looking Link in front of a blazing, fire-encrusted background. A mysterious, spirit-looking character was placed in front of Link and the logo was completely silver."

I wonder if this is a sequel to TP, and we have an even more grown up Link. At the end of TP, he did leave home, so maybe he was off to places unknown for more adventure. I do like the idea of Link being the young underdog that saves the day, but I think I wouldn't mind one story of him as a chiseled veteran of battles. Maybe even a Royal Knight, or a leader thereof.

At any rate, even if it's not a sequel to TP, we're still going to have to call Adult Link "Teen Link" from now on it seems.

UPDATE - Unfortunately, I don't know who originally posted this, but this image of the teaser art is starting to float around the web. Unfortunately, this is how big the image is. It's not a thumbnail. Ahh, gotta love the respect for "No Photography" in this day and age of digital cameras and iPhones... But that doesn't mean I wouldn't post something someone else took! ;)

zeldawii.jpg

Last edited:
What we see to his left arm, can we consider it the shield, then this Link will be right handed as well, well makes sense being for the wii, at first I thought this was a hint of being the TP one, hahahah, but I guess it is just because it will be for the wii.

Wii Sports Resort, I'm looking at you now. <3

Nice news, indeed. Thanks for the image. =3

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Ah! This bubbling excitment and speculation over something new! This is something I've missed in the Trigun fandom since the very last of the manga came out! This is probably why Zelda fandom will never die - there will *always* be something new.

Sadly, I do not have a Wii. (I played TP on GameCube)... I will likely not be able to get a Wii until they "start getting cheap" or inexpensive used ones start showing up - That's how I get all my games... gifts, scavenging and borrowing. Yay relative poverty!

I'm hoping to get rich someday, but the bid to become a fantastic, famous writer is on hold right now... got yet another rejection letter in the mail this week. Yay!

If this is a sequel to TP, however, I will have to play it somehow, some way, some day.

Nintendo folks are cruel for not releasing the artwork. I understand they don't want to get fans in a tizzy (or that they DO want to get fans in a tizzy) and to be mysterious, but I LOVE official game art. I'm an artist... I love art! I want to see decent, full-sized art for the pure enjoyment of the art!

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Wow. Awesome. One thing about the picture. How does that blue thing look like Zelda? By the looks of it, it doesnt even have any legs, or arms from what we can see. Its looks like... well, I have no idea what it looks like. Something new I think.

I hope it is something new, it will be interesting to see a new race or species of intelligent creatures in the land of hyrule. Well, thats if it is even in hyrule.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Wow! This is awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing this new Zelda with the motion controls that's being used for it and the mature atmosphere that's going to be in it.

I can't wait until it comes out! :)

Finally, Even though I like the Hand Held Zelda's and there is nothing wrong with them, I am happy to hear that they are bringing out a new game for the Wii. I have been bored since I last completed Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, I might whoop out OoT and give that a few run throughs until then though, I can't Wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom