• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about being inactive. I was busy with writing my story and doing real life stuff. Looks like my scummy meta will come out :/

Btw I won't be here most of the day tomorrow.

Djinn

and Tonic
I believe Hommy. Why? Because it seems to me that it's likely that the Leet 4 is in the game. Even if there are scum fake name/role claims, the mafia won't use them until they have pressure on them because they wouldn't want the town to know that there are fake name/role claims. Hommy just outright claimed with no pressure voting on him; therefore, I believe him.

Claiming on day 1? What? HoM, Really? I mean, You weren't the only one under stress. You could have convinst others to vote for axle. But Role claiming should have been your last chance.
Unvote
vote: HoM
Taking a second look at things, I believe it was his last chance at the time. There were quite a few votes on him. Besides that, I would assume that pointing the town in the direction of another simply to save your own skin to be a noticable scum tactic. He chose to defend himself over placing the blame on another. Calling others to claim their roles looks bad, but it may have just been sarcasm.

I did not think there was a lot to his mention of "digging" for information when he said it. His claim of bodyguard I mostly picked up on his mention of Elite Four, then claimed bodyguard. Which instantly made me think that he had a possible killing role.

Nope, not an Elite Body Guard. And Certainly not a bullet proof one. You see, there's this nasty little bit about Kyby's version of the Body Guard. Thing is that I am always successful with my protections, but... I can end up dying myself. Its a pretty large percentage too. A 40% chance of death when I protect someone is quite large, very large infact.

This seems to have gone a little far though, roleclaiming then naming all the aspects of that role on day one. That sounds even more dangerous a move to make, which could only leave yourself open as a target to the mafia. The rules do sound sort of right, there are a couple changes to it.

However the guard is a fairly useful role to have, if we have some idea of other's roles. Based on how he made his claim and the other info he provided I am not going to vote for him, but I am still a little suspicious.

EGMEOY: HoM

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
For some reason, HoM's roleclaim seems very genuine, I think he's telling the truth.
A bodeyguard is quite an important role, but his 40% suicide rate doesn't make his role that important, he's not like a docter, more like vt with a nice specialty.
HoM, I understand you're just trying new tactics etc. in this game, but if there would come a time when we do need you to protect an important person, the mafia/third party already knows you will defend him/her what makes you a very easy target..

@Djinn, "EGMEOY" :lol:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Now I can appreciate the lulz as much as anyone, but Mafia is serious business. And I can't help but shake the feeling that HoM knows he is up against the wall and is trying humour as a diversion tactic. His claim means very little - Hero of Time was at risk of being lynched in the last game - he then claimed and we dropped the bandwagon against him. A few days later we lynched him and he was Mafia.

Fact is that even if Hero of Music is a strong player we can't keep him alive purely on the basis that if he flips town he would be useful to us. His behaviour has been very scummy, and most of his responses have been back-peddling.

You see, I can agree with this to some extent, but I'm not sure Mafia would risk it like that. Or maybe they would but HoM's too careful. He's playing well, either side. But I still think he's town, I don't care what anyone else says. I'm not bandwagoning, I'm going with my own thoughts.

Right now, I'm going to
UNVOTE: Hero of Music
I think at this point it would have been stupid for him to claim, yes. (*shakes finger at HoM* Stupid, stupid.)
However, claiming such a plausible role as himself (even if it was a hidden claim) but then, almost immediately, having information leads me to back it up with the "for some reason he was acting stupid, but is still, generally, town".

Claiming under pressure is fine, it only seems right when he had that many votes on him. But yeah that whole "hidden role claim" thing was a bit random. I don't know what exactly he was trying to do but I don't think scum would take a chance like that, it was only drawing attention to himself. Even so, that may have been the wrong choice, but I think you're right saying he is generally town.

Which, my gut is still telling me that Axle is bad for this game. But that's the problem with these games, our guts don't agree. But either way, I changed my vote from Axle to HoM based on one ridiculous post, but I never really felt he was scum like I do Axle.
VOTE: Axle (again)

Obviously, gut feelings tend to be different from person to person. But does no one remember the great gut feeling from way back in one of the earliest mafia games? I was a total noob but my gut lead me to the SK :P
I'm just saying gut feelings are useful sometimes, even when we may disagree, but hey, you could be scum.

You guys are posting fast for me and I have a lot more to read and think over, but here is something that's bothering me. This post of Jedizora's... :/

That's not really something a town would say... it's a scummy tactic to try to kill another to save yourself. This sounds so wrong. I know HoM said earlier that he FOSed Axle but he has yet to push that he is scum. (That I know of anyway.) So Why would Jedi say HoM should have tried to get Axle killed in his place? :/
With this in mind I looked at his other posts:
This one.

Look at the underlined part and compare with his other posts:Here and here.

After his first post all he has been talking about this game... is the third party, and then his vote for HoM. Does this bother anyone else?

I did notice that first post of Jedi's that you highlighted, but I didn't comment on it at the time. Yes it did come across as very scummy, and I do agree with a lot of your analysis. He's someone to keep an eye on at least.

FoS: Jedi

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I believe that my vote against HoM stands. From reading up it seems to me that he is mostly just trying to convince people, especially weaker players, that he is a Towny. He is picking on SoL, as well as attempting to assure everyone that he is well versed in Pokemon. He is also now saying that his hidden role claim was "for the lulz", which I believe is just trying to back-track on a screw-up.
Remember, than when he first hidden role claimed, the little white text was specifically worded as a joke ("hidden roleclaim ftw" - unless he really thinks he can win the game based on randomly claiming, it was a joke). So it's not that he is "now saying that his hidded role claim was "for the lulz"", but he is just backing it up to where it started.
Claiming under pressure is fine, it only seems right when he had that many votes on him. But yeah that whole "hidden role claim" thing was a bit random. I don't know what exactly he was trying to do but I don't think scum would take a chance like that, it was only drawing attention to himself. Even so, that may have been the wrong choice, but I think you're right saying he is generally town.
Yeah, sorry, worded that badly. I meant the hidden claim in the first place. If he wouldn't have done it he wouldn't have had to claim.
Obviously, gut feelings tend to be different from person to person. But does no one remember the great gut feeling from way back in one of the earliest mafia games? I was a total noob but my gut lead me to the SK :P
I'm just saying gut feelings are useful sometimes, even when we may disagree, but hey, you could be scum.
Remember that great new player of joining-around-the-time-mafia-6-started? Yeah, that was me. And it wasn't Mafia 6 that you had the great gut feeling, so I don't remember. :P
Yes, I could be scum. But just as easily, so could you. I can easily say I'm not and it would mean nothing, so pointing out a universal possibility means nothing.
I did notice that first post of Jedi's that you highlighted, but I didn't comment on it at the time. Yes it did come across as very scummy, and I do agree with a lot of your analysis. He's someone to keep an eye on at least.
I just wanted to say that a few people generally have scum metas. This includes both Jedizora and HoT, among others. I haven't look at a game without either one of them acting particularly scummish. Though, to be fair, last game HoT was scum, so....

Djinn

and Tonic
For some reason, HoM's roleclaim seems very genuine, I think he's telling the truth.
A bodeyguard is quite an important role, but his 40% suicide rate doesn't make his role that important, he's not like a docter, more like vt with a nice specialty.
HoM, I understand you're just trying new tactics etc. in this game, but if there would come a time when we do need you to protect an important person, the mafia/third party already knows you will defend him/her what makes you a very easy target..

@Djinn, "EGMEOY" :lol:

Hey it was 2am and.....E...does...sort of....spell....eye..........kinda. I think you know what I mean.

The way I see it, he was trying to use his knowledge of various pokemon characters to see if roles could be weeded out and in doing so drew a lot of attention to himself. A few verbal slipups were instantly caught by some members here and everyone voted a little too quickly. Axle in particular was really pushing for a vote after discovering the hidden claim in HoM's words.

Scummy meta isn't a defence. If you act like scum expect to get lynched.

I agree with this, act scummy and expect to be lynched. Saying things like that is your playing style is no defense, Someone makes a scum move people will act on it. I like to think the 11 votes on HoM before proves this nicely.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I agree with this, act scummy and expect to be lynched. Saying things like that is your playing style is no defense, Someone makes a scum move people will act on it. I like to think the 11 votes on HoM before proves this nicely.

I see where you are both coming from, but to be honest it's a bit of a circle of what goes on in mafia games anyway. I suppose even if people are town they can slip up in such a way that gets them lynched, I guess that's the way the game goes. But in this case, I think HoM could be town. If I am wrong then you may well turn to me but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. We have to trust our own judgements and try to co-operate with our fellow townies but at the same time not let ourselves be too easily convinced by others. Because obviously mafia are present. But I can safely say that the first lynch is almost always a townie.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Wasn't under pressure? Wow. Just wow. You didn't read all of the posts. I had 11 votes when I role claimed... Like the legitimate one where I actually said who I am, not the hidden one.

I mean before you were voted by all of the others. When you roleclaimed, you weren't under any pressure. It's possible that you just lied about the roleclaim and you might be a Mafia or the SK, but I'll go through the posts again for evidence.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I mean before you were voted by all of the others. When you roleclaimed, you weren't under any pressure. It's possible that you just lied about the roleclaim and you might be a Mafia or the SK, but I'll go through the posts again for evidence.

The whole hidden claim thing needs clearing up. Primarily for the reason that we are all confused.

David

But you called me here...
The Leet Four consists of the following: Bruno (fighting type [a bodyguard? makes some serious sense...][also in the Johto league because he is]), Lorelei (ice type [town role blocker?]), Agatha (ghost type [not so sure on this one]), Lance (dragon type [not super sure on this one either]), Will (Johto, psychic type [town cop?]), Koga (Johto, poison type [poisoner? not likely]), and Karen (Johto, dark type [not sure about this one either]).

hidden roleclaim ftw

The underlined part was my hidden roleclaim. I thought you guys would have gotten that. I mean, look at how its worded. "Makes some serious sense." Obvious hidden claim is obvious.

So yeah. That was my claim. I stuck it in there because I could and because it fit so well with the rest of the post. that's it Oh and because it actually got some real scum hunting out and made a couple people slip up. Like Jedizora and Soldier of Link... pretty suspicious behavior with those two...

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hero of Music said:
Oh and because it actually got some real scum hunting out and made a couple people slip up. Like Jedizora and Soldier of Link... pretty suspicious behavior with those two...

Lol how did I "slip up"? And there you go again, trying to push the attention off on me and Jedizora again. You might be telling the truth, yes. But I feel there is a stronger chance that you are lying. And if you aren't lying, you aren't doing the Town any good causing all this confusion. Confusing the Town is not Pro-Town behavior. Hence, my vote stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom