• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I only re-read those posts because you were banging on about the subtle differences between them.

Bay said:
Town players are more likely to take risks then mafioso.

Your reasoning (which I haven't quoted) is logical, but precisely because of this a mafioso may take more risks to appear townie. I believe thats an example of WIFoM. But still, I expect a higher proportion of mafioso in the Mafia games on ZD have been passive than aggressive. That doesn't mean it has to be true for this game, as anybody with any playstyle could have been selected to be mafia, and it would make sense for them to stick to their guns in order to avoid suspicion. If 5 normally aggressive players were selected to be mafia then we could end up in a situation where all the most active players are mafia. So I don't believe any degree of aggression of passivity can be used on its own as a basis for accusation.

So I don't believe any degree of aggression of passivity can be used on its own as a basis for accusation.

So, scum finding extraordinaire, if we can't use their behavior as a sign of scum tell. How do we discover whether they are scum or not? I mean not all scum are as stupid as Sasuke and will flat out come out and say "I DIDNT NIGHTKILL JO".

I am willing to place a vote on Illmatic based on that one post, in fact, why not.

Vote: Illmatic

We have to start somewhere. Zenox seems to find me a good candidate for a vote. I don't blame him. I play aggressive. I don't leave room for people lynching off obvious towns (even the useless ones). I have one mission. To find and hunt scum.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
So... I've found some time, and have read up. And I can't say I'm incredibly suspicious of anyone yet, nor do I think I can say much that hasn't already been said. I'm not sure how much more time I'll have this weekend, or if I'll be able to check in again before the day's over, but I will try to make time, and think about the game.

Jo has voted for Illmatic based on this post...

While I do agree with your theory of mafia members defending people to make themselves look innocent, I don't think it applies here. I think you are jumping the gun. Zenox FoS'd you based only on this one sentence of yours:
And I thought his reasoning was dumb, as did many people. If he had made a good post full of analysis about why you are scum, and people started agreeing with him and there was a lot of heat on you, then it would make sense that mafia members would come to your defense to make themselves look innocent when you flipped town. This happens in every game. I did it in Round 2 when I was a member of the mafia, I would almost never bandwagon and would vote for someone I knew wouldn't get lynched. (The vigilante eventually caught on and nightkilled me) But in this case there wasn't even a vote cast for you, it was only Zenox who was suspicious of you, and not a single person agreed with him. So while I do agree with your theory about mafia members defending to make themselves look innocent, I don't think it applies in this situation.

You could argue that it would actually be beneficial to mafia to defend the innocent in that situation, even when there isn’t that much heat on them, because they’d still get that credit for defending the innocent later on, (Given that Jo's a townie, which we don't know.) or at the least they'd get credit for pointing out the flaws of the other argument. The other posts by HoM and Draco also seemed to emphasize the fact that Zenox’s argument was baseless more than Illmatic’s did. (Perhaps I'm mis-interpreting? This is the impression I get.)

I don't really think it warrants a vote if that’s the case though.

You say we've got to start somewhere, I think that's true, but I'm not comfortable voting, or even FoSing anyone atm due to a lack of thinking time on my part.

For now I'm keeping an eye on everyone, but perhaps moreso on Zenox, Baysiderulez (Jo), and a little less, but more than most, on Soldier of Link.

(Mainly SoL because I'm not sure why he mentioned that we were at each other's throats here. [2nd paragraph, 3rd sentence.] Perhaps I'm being naive in thinking that we're not? I know we shouldn't trust each other, but the debates don't seem to be at an "at each other's throats" level then or now. >_>; Anyways, it's just something that jumped out at me while reading, so I thought I'd mention it. Most likely doesn't mean anything and was just something said, but it did jump out at me anyways.)

So, I'll still be pretty busy the rest of the weekend. That's all I got for now. I'll try to post again before the day's out but I have no clue if I'll have time or not. :sweat:

EBWODP: O_O I only went to "Go Advanced" to EBWODP, then went back a page when I saw my original post above along with my EBOWDP, and it says I edited? I didn't even click edit!

Original EBWODP: o_o? the text in Illmatic's quote is weird for some reason...

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
*cough* Sorry I've been inactive. Didn't get on at all yesterday :( I got way to busy, and didn't have time to get on and read through the thread, doing so now. I'm in three Mafia games, but of course ZD's is my priority. Vanilla Town games are a little random not anything to really investigate and think logically with like here. ;)

Anywho there has been some good discussion going on and it's a little confusing for me so I need to take some time sort though it all. Zenox/Axle/Bay I see some circular arguments and WIFOM always confuse me when being discuses...

However on the current topic; I have seen town think they need to be passive to not get killed. Players like you Bay, and Axle don't think that way at all. Town power roles I have seen be passive to stay alive too. Like I started off as in my first game as vig, I also have seen doctors be passive. But yes most of all the mafia do play it passive and act inactive, laying low. More so then town that is.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Can someone explain to me what WIFOM is?

WIFOM is basically reverse physcology. (I wonder what the disease causing an inability to spell words is called? I probably have it. Too lazy to SpellCheck.)

It's getting hard to keep up with the debate/arguing/OMGUS'ing unless I want to really do some analyzing, which I don't feel like doing at 10:00. This is pretty much my "I'm still active" post. I'll be of real help tomorrow. Maybe.

SuperSilly said:
For now I'm keeping an eye on everyone, but perhaps moreso on Zenox, Baysiderulez (Jo), and a little less, but more than most, on Soldier of Link.

(Mainly SoL because I'm not sure why he mentioned that we were at each other's throats here. [2nd paragraph, 3rd sentence.] Perhaps I'm being naive in thinking that we're not? I know we shouldn't trust each other, but the debates don't seem to be at an "at each other's throats" level then or now. >_>; Anyways, it's just something that jumped out at me while reading, so I thought I'd mention it. Most likely doesn't mean anything and was just something said, but it did jump out at me anyways.)

:rolleyes: Wow, I'm offended. You's suspicious of me? I don't know if you actually did read through that post, but I said "some people." Meaning Zenox and whoever he got going.

Anyways... I'm not really contributing much in this post other than clearing up that little smudge, but I'll do some real work tomorrow.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Wow, I'm offended. You's suspicious of me? I don't know if you actually did read through that post, but I said "some people." Meaning Zenox and whoever he got going.

Anyways... I'm not really contributing much in this post other than clearing up that little smudge, but I'll do some real work tomorrow.

Ah, I did word my post somewhat poorly, I apologize. However, my original point still stands as I don’t really think anyone was at anyone else’s throat at that point, and I felt it was strange to say anyone was at anyone else's throat. (Including Zenox and those arguing with Zenox.) Arguing doesn’t always have to be heated arguing.

Also, as I said, I’ve pretty much got my eye on everyone yet. :P Your post jumped out at me, so when I pointed it out a formal IGMEOY was necessary, because my eye was indeed slightly more on you than most. My eye is still on you, just as it's on everyone at this point.

However, I actually think your post confirms that you probably thought a few people were at each others throats, which moots my original point anyway if you thought so sincerely. (Which in all likelihood is probably what it was, and I did mention in my original post that it was probably nothing.) It jumped out at me when I saw it, so I mentioned it. Will continue to puzzle over this though, and the thread in general.

(Hopefully I can find time to, anyway. It's almost time to hit the sack, and tomorrow is jam-packed with stuff to do, so sorry in advance if I don't find time.)

~IMPORTANT~
This game will start during Day 1 (23/02/11 GMT), and will last for 5 days (finishing on 28/02/11).

We have roughly 24 hours to come up with a majority lynch, else we will be going into a no lynch.

If a no lynch is what you guys really want. Then please vote "No-Lynch" rather then letting us just run out of time. Either way, please wrap up your votes so we can move on with this game.

Nicole

luke is my wife
We have roughly 24 hours to come up with a majority lynch, else we will be going into a no lynch.

If a no lynch is what you guys really want. Then please vote "No-Lynch" rather then letting us just run out of time. Either way, please wrap up your votes so we can move on with this game.

True....

As I said before, there's no remotely solid evidence to be picked up on the first day. Yes, there's gut feelings and mis-wordings, but no one knows anyone who was Mafia or Town yet, because it IS the first day. (You know, roles are revealed throught nightkills, lynches, etc.)

I'm all for letting the day progress with a no-lynch. This way we won't make an ill-conceived lynch based on nothing.

Vote: No lynch

From here, we can wait for roles to be revealed and make deductions from there.

David

But you called me here...
Vote: No Lynch

I don't see any compelling evidence against anyone. I feel that it would be best to find more evidence once someone is night-killed.

G

Generations

I'm awake! And have been reading along,

I don't think that anyone has really given me reason to lynch today. Its still the first day, there is still time to figure out who needs to die. Lets see who dies during the night, then I start guessing at the roles.

Tally:

Baysiderulez - 1 (Zenox)
illmatic - 1 (Baysiderulez)
No Lynch - 3 (Soldier of Link, Hero of Music, Generations)

With 27 alive, it takes 14 to majority lynch.

Yet to vote - 22 (Meego7, TreeHuggerPanda, Keyshe, butterbiscuit, Deku Shroom, Stallord, Generations, SuperSilly, jdenicholls, illmatic, kokirion, TheGreen, Toboe, Axle the Beast, Arkvoodle, Hero of Music, link to present, Ninten*, Pocket Asian, Kybyrian, MikauIncarnate, green goron, Dracomajora).

Last edited:

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
All I have right now are suspicions, strong suspicions, but just suspicions nonetheless. Therefore:

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
No lynch.

I've been reading along, but think it's best that we wait for a murder before we lynch. No real solid evidence yet, some decent theories, but nothing for me to say I can strongly follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom