• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lord Jabu Jabu?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Just throwing it out there but does anyone think we will see Lord Jabu Jabu again. Not as a dungeon though, maybe more as a character? He could be smaller... or not, but I do think it's a small possibility that the giant fish lived all those years ago. What about you? would you like to see Jabu Jabu in Skyward Sword? Should he be a character or a dungeon? or maybe he helps you get to a dungeon? hmmm

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
or maybe he will be a character then you make him mad and he be a dungeon boss

Pikacondon

Title.
I think we should see Jabu-jabu again, He's a nice recurring dungeon, and a semi-nice recurring character. He could've easily lived that long,assuming SS is at the start of the timeline. I would also like to see more of a backstory for him, as he's already appeared in 2 games, but all we can get about him is he's a big fish guarding the Zoras and he eats anything he can.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i wanna see jabu jabu also jabu jabu is named Jabun in WW

Djinn

and Tonic
I would love to see some sort of connection between Jabu Jabu, Jabun, the Wind fish, and the Ocean King. Who and what are all these mysterious whale shaped entities all over Hyrule's seas and what is their purpose? Are they the same individual, related, remnants of another species, what are they?

green goron

Best of the Gorons
It's possibly because in Oracle of Ages he is a little fish and like 700 years later he is a big fish so who knows how old he will be before he dies. I don't think we will see him in a dungeon or boss but as a character is very possible.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It's possibly because in Oracle of Ages he is a little fish and like 700 years later he is a big fish so who knows how old he will be before he dies. I don't think we will see him in a dungeon or boss but as a character is very possible.
Do people generally accept that these (OoA/OoT Jabu-Jabus) are the same? (jw. never thought about it)

Yeah, I think he along with the GDT should at least play some minor role or easter egg, but hopefully we'll learn some story too.

Jedizora

:right:
i wanna see jabu jabu also jabu jabu is named Jabun in WW

jabu-jabu, although similar, are not the same thing. None of the devolpers have ever said anyhting to suggest this and they are completely diffrent in size, and intellect.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yes, I think this is a possibility. Jabu-Jabu is a god-like figure for the Zoras, so I expect him to be there, as much as I expect the Great Deku Tree to be there. We will probably see him as a small fish, though.

squadala

I don't like you either
If Zoras appear in SS, which I really hope they do, they might have a young Jabu-Jabu or even have Jabu-Jabu's ancestor! They could do the same thing for the deku tree as well.

Djinn

and Tonic
It does sound strange for Nintendo to create patron deities in one of their games for the more popular tribes and then never follow up on it. You would think there would be some sort of shrine to Jabu Jabu somewhere in Zora's Domain of TP even if the character itself is not present. I believe the same should go for the Deku Tree. They are important cultural icons to the peoples of Hyrule and are also aspects of the forces of nature represented in form. It would make sense for them both to appear in multiple points in time in different games.

Even if Jabu Jabu does not appear, at least some passing mention of him by the Zora (if they themselves appear in game) should be included.

I liked the way they did it in WW, where these deities were these mysterious all knowing beings (there was something cool about them speaking hylian). If Jabu-Jabu makes a return I hope he is like Jabun who makes a small appearance then remains underwater. Even though he was ill in OOT, I thought Jabu-Jabu was a little lame just laid out there in zora's fountain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom