• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Sword

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I see on the box art for the newly released Spirit Tracks that link is holding a sword i may be wrong but it looks a lot like Oshus' sword from the begimimg of phantom hourglass. Am i wrong?
and regardless what are your thoughts about the sword?

I agree, it looks like the sword, and to me that is not a surprise... This game seems to be a sequel to PH. Really the sword had no special powers in PH, but I am happy that they kept something the same... At least they are not changing Zelda as we know it by putting guns, and such in there.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
haha it does look like Oshus's sword, so what I'm thinking now is how will link come across this sword?

is he a direct descendant of WW/PH Link? probably.
does he find the sword or is it a gift for becoming a train driver?

ST being placed 100 years in the future from the previous titles would support what I'm saying, I think it's great that (if I am correct mind you) Oshus's sword has more of a story behind it now.

if ST has more connection with PH i think that would be wayy cool.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Perhaps it might be a treasure handed down through the family if the new Link is related to TWW/PH Link. If he's not, then maybe he ends up finding the hero's sword somehow... but eh, I have a feeling that it's just another recycled design.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Great observation. It does in fact have the exact same visual appearance as Oshus's Sword, which makes me think it is in fact the same sword.

The game is set to take place 100 years after Phantom Hourglass. So while it is very likely that the hero is a new Link, there must be some connections between the heroes and perhaps the games.

Perhaps it could be that the sword is something that becomes something similar to other swords in the Zelda series. Where it is past down from generation to generation, etc...

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
It does look similar to Oshus's sword, but I'll have to take a minute on this. In Phantom Hourglass, Oshus's sword is flat out replaced with Oshus's sword. We have no idea where it is, probably floating around in the dream Great Sea.

So, perhaps Link had it remade, perhaps he kept it all this time, maybe this game actually takes place before PH and WW, and it turns out that some hero of the Ocean King's Great Sea used it to slay some foul beast, and Oshus kept it for safe keeping. However, that would have to take place after Bellum came into the playing field, for before then, the Ocean King was a whale. Wow, I'm getting off subject.

Anyway, we'll have to find out December 7th (Or 25th for those who are get it for Christmas) if it is Oshus's sword or just another recycled design.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
It does look similar to Oshus's sword, but I'll have to take a minute on this. In Phantom Hourglass, Oshus's sword is flat out replaced with Oshus's sword. We have no idea where it is, probably floating around in the dream Great Sea.

So, perhaps Link had it remade, perhaps he kept it all this time, maybe this game actually takes place before PH and WW, and it turns out that some hero of the Ocean King's Great Sea used it to slay some foul beast, and Oshus kept it for safe keeping. However, that would have to take place after Bellum came into the playing field, for before then, the Ocean King was a whale. Wow, I'm getting off subject.

Anyway, we'll have to find out December 7th (Or 25th for those who are get it for Christmas) if it is Oshus's sword or just another recycled design.
im not going into a timeline argument but you can't say that it's before PH when it's been confirmed to be after PH. anyway i think that it is a generation thing or it's just another generic look for all of the toon links' first swords.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Are you sure it has been confirmed because the game hasn't come out and no one has said anything as of my knowledge becaus e there are two possibilites either this is the new Hyrule explaining how Link knows Zelda So well and why all the graphics are the same or maybe this is some where in the past or on another part of the Time line. I would like to see that at the end of this game for some reason The king of Hyrule and Link and Zelda choose to flood Hyrule to keep Ganondorf 's power stuck in the Master Sword maybe and hide the other two peices of the Triforce. In other words a prequel to WW. I think that would be awesome.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
Are you sure it has been confirmed because the game hasn't come out and no one has said anything as of my knowledge becaus e there are two possibilites either this is the new Hyrule explaining how Link knows Zelda So well and why all the graphics are the same or maybe this is some where in the past or on another part of the Time line. I would like to see that at the end of this game for some reason The king of Hyrule and Link and Zelda choose to flood Hyrule to keep Ganondorf 's power stuck in the Master Sword maybe and hide the other two peices of the Triforce. In other words a prequel to WW. I think that would be awesome.

it has infact been confirmed in a confrence and mases stated in a thread somewhere that nintendo officials confirmed this. i have been told this many (and frankly very angry) times until i too accepted it.

T

The zelda lover

In the end of PH we dont have Oschus sword we have the phantom sword!!!

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Well, maybe the sword (All swords) are in the design of Oshus's because it was the first sword, the Hylian Hero, Link, used to help him throughout the adventure. Or, like Zeruda said, it has been passed down through generation of Links. This may in fact claim that there is different Links not just one. (Of course it is stated in WW)

Link Master

The Hero's Master
If this game is 100 years after PH then maybe this is Links great great great great grandson and he had the sword passed down through his family. Or maybe this is a different sword that Zelda gives him or in the first chamber of the first dungeon. Anyway I think we will know this when the game comes out.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom