• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Length of The Game?

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Something along the lines of MMs length would be perfect. I don't want a reallly long game, but I don't want a short game either. I want it to appear short, but actually take a little longer than planned, and there to be a lot of extra (yet fun) things to do outside of the main quest.
I'm not sure how long it takes me to beat MM, but I daresay it's longer than TP which was about 20 hours (not 100%, obv.).

L

legnase

I would like it to about the length of TP. I found the length of TP to be fine. However I would be fine with a shorter game, as long as it is good. I want the NPC interaction to be awesome. If they do that in a short game or long game I don't really care as long as it's good.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Long, long, long, long, long.

Now, I don't want it long because they throw in some crappy collect-a-thon or tons of fetch quests or something, but I want a game that is 75hrs+ of great game play. We only get a Zelda game twice a decade, so It's best to get the most out of it we can.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I think it would be a combination of the Twilight Princess length and Majoria's Mask length. Maybe at least a good 40-50 hours into the game for 100% completion. It shouldn't be too long, since that would just bore me to death or too short, since I would play it over and over again with nothing new into the game.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I would love a game with a story about the length of Ocarina of Time and the amount of sidequests that Majora's Mask had. That would make everyone happy ( I think? ). If Nintendo did this and did this well, it would be the most epic zelda of all time.

I agree 100%!!! If they had that, the game would one step closer to being perfect!

T

Triforce Eden

From what I've been hearing, Nintendo wants to make it a smaller game than Twilight Princess (whatever that means), but with far more depth. To me, this far more ideal than just simply having a long game. This sounds a lot like the OoT/MM comparison. While, OoT was longer overall, MM's experience was much deeper and allowed for some clever gameplay mechanics that could not be done otherwise.

So, what I get from Nintendo's statements is that the world could possibly be more involving, maybe a bit more exploring, and perhaps some MM-esque sidequests. All this would truly perfect my Zelda experience.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Three days, just to reach the final boss (not including 100%). No, I'm only kidding. But, a lengthy quest (not including 100%) would ideally be at least a day and a half (real time). I easily beat Twilight Princess in half a day, and I'm not kidding either. If the main-game turns out to be short, they *could* add some post game dungeons, which could easily make the game last a bit longer if they had the slightest amount of difficulty in there. I'm not sure.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Yes, you are kidding because that task is undoubtedly impossible.

I agree, I really doubt it. I looked up the fastest speed run and it was about six hours...but that is after knowing where everything is...I seriously doubt 12 hours on a first try could happen without a guide, and even then, I think it's a lie.

I would love a game with a story about the length of Ocarina of Time and the amount of sidequests that Majora's Mask had. That would make everyone happy ( I think? ). If Nintendo did this and did this well, it would be the most epic zelda of all time.

That would be pretty fantastic! Hopefully with an overworld the size of TP...Aonuma already said the world would be bigger...

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I'm hoping SS will be shorter than TP but longer than MM. 20-30 hours is fine, as long as it doesn't take 2 hours to reach the first dungeon like in TP.

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
I'd like it to be way longer than TP but it has to have a really good story, because i don't enjoy the game much if it doesn't have a good story.And it has to have alot of side quests. Has to have a big map too, that would be awesome. But would take really long to make.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I want it to be as long as it is possibly possible, and I want it to be hard like HELL!!

I don't really understand when some gamers tell me:
"This game is very good, but it's too long."
WTH?! If it's good, then the longer it takes the better!

I completely agree! I want this game to be super, super long!! I want to have my eyes sucked back into their sockets because I've been playing it for so long! It needs to be longer than TP, but better! With lots of sidequests!! Ooohh, there's so much that I want!

Vibed

must read before he posts
I'd like a 15-20 hour game, like the length of TP but mainly shorter because everything is in a condensed world. I want the 100% length to be around a hundred hours but not full of crap things to do, but instead with quality sidequests.

BTW I interpreted the "Smaller, denser" quote from Aonuma as a smaller world with more things to do and POSSIBLY, but not likely IMO, less dungeons.

I personally would like SS to be somewhere around the length of WW or MM. Just four main dungeons, maybe a couple lesser dungeons

Dude, you forgot about the tower of the gods D: . That counts as a main dungeon right? The forsaken fortress doesn't IMO but if you count both times you went in their I think it does, and the final place isn't really a dungeon, but getting the master sword, than killing all those enemies and then going back later in the game to do hyrule castle I think that counts. So thats 7 or 8 if you count both forsaken fortress'. Sorry I started rambling, all i meant to remind you of was Tower of the gods, but than I was like ''well I might as well explain why I think these are dungeons too''. :P

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
If it's possible, length like Twilight Princess or longer, and lots of sidequests and collectibles. I really like depth so I hope they don't sacrifice one for the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom