• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Just Got Link's Awakening!

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
So far I'm loving it. It was the first Zelda game I ever saw or heard of and could not play it until today! It will definitely hold me over till OoT 3D. Did anybody else get it? And if you played it, what are your opinions on it??

Nicole

luke is my wife
I just got it today on the 3DS eShop. I was very excited to get it. I know so many people love Link's Awakening, and I hope I develop the same feelings toward it. It's decent so far, but then again, I haven't played much at all yet. I'm currently past the point when you get your sword back from Toronbo Shores and made it to the Mysterious Woods. :bleh: But it really seems to be building up to something really cool. Plus, the version I bought is the DX version, so it has a little bit more to it, or so I hear.

From what I've seen so far, LA is much like the Oracle games, control-and-graphic-wise. The item/weapon mechanic is pretty much the same, which is nice, because I have a good amount of experience with OoA, to be particular. The graphics are similar to the OoX games, as well, but they have a more classic feel. So far, I like. But, I haven't played it much, and haven't even reached the harder parts. :P I hope it turns out as great as everyone says it is!

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Just got it as well. Too bad I only got 10 dollars of points because I forgot about tax, so I couldn't get Super Mario Land aswell, but that can wait. I know about the final boss, which I guess is a shame, but I don't know about the entire adventure so I'm pretty excited :D

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
It really is very similar to the oracle games. I loved those and this one really brings back memories of playing those. I'm right at the end of the second dungeon and I'm loving it. I always knew there were mario characters in it but it is really neat seeing them in action. I'm sure we'll all love it as much as everyone else does!

@Deku Shroom- I still have that game! It was my first Mario game since the gameboy was my first gaming device. When you get the chance to play I know you'll enjoy it. Though playing on the 3ds is a lot better since it saves your progress I assume lol. It was always annoying getting through that game in one shot.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
Link awakening is the best game I ever played and it is also the first one I played and beat it takes a while to beat it but you will love the game the whole way through it

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Yeah that stupid clown/genie thing was annoying. I tried to rush it and the fire kept hitting me. Once I slowed down though he was dead lol. I'm loving this game, honestly.

Shroom

I'll letcha know how I like it once I get it Majora :D

Oh and not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you hold start and select when playing on the 3DS it let's you play on a smaller screen with a higher resolution, actually has you playing on a GB Color screen on the top 3DS screen. Just hold start and select when you load your game and keep holding until it final loads up.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Wow that is awesome I had no idea. I knew you could do that with DS games but I didn't think they would do that with these. Thanks for the heads up and yes let me know if u get it.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I can't explain how much I like this game. It's soo fun, has a great storyline, is very unique, and is completely incomparible to any other GB/GBC game. That's how good it is.
If you like Link's Awakening, then I think you will really like the other Zeldas very much.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
I can't explain how much I like this game. It's soo fun, has a great storyline, is very unique, and is completely incomparible to any other GB/GBC game. That's how good it is.
If you like Link's Awakening, then I think you will really like the other Zeldas very much.

I think you have a point. So far I'm playing it and it really introduces you to Zelda thinking. A couple months ago, someone asked what Zelda game would be good as a first and if I could have played this by that time I would have recommended it. Oracle of Seasons got me started on Zelda and since they are very much alike I think this one is just superb.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Yeah, I got it today too, and it is pretty awesome. I'm still having trouble at the same parts I did before, and it is still the game I remember!

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
A European release wasn't even mentioned. Maybe at the end of June. Anyway. In Germany, the only current chance to buy a Virtual Console or DSiWare game is to get a credit card. And I'm in no possession of a credit card. The eShop prepaid cards will be available at the end of this month. It's all about priority. And the European and Australian market isn't important as the Japanese or American market. But still, that's not fair. I'm waiting till the announcement of Links Awakening for the Virtual Console. So, now it is available and I still can't play it. How ironic :D

The game was firstly announced to include 3D features. So, are there any 3D features?
I'm just interested.

Shroom

It's kind of like Excite Bike where the 3D adds some depth. I think it's more noticable though when you use the GBC screen trick rather than just having it on the 3DS screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom