• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Is This the Longest Zelda Game?

If you think about it, it isn't that long, its just all of the sidequest's that makes it seem longer. Going to a place or a dungeon requires a certain amount of time before getting their. Like collecting the tear drops for the Guardians in the certain area's. Not that hard, but finding them makes it a bit more challenging.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The only thing that makes this game long is the dungeons, the transportation and the sidequests. If we remove the sidequests and some cutscenes it will probably be around 24 hours for one to finish it, if you memorized the map and know and execute every move precisely.

Though I've seen a blaze-through with someone beating the game in only 6 hours. I forgot the place where I saw it, but it's possible.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Twilight Princess isn't the longest. Wind Waker is. 100% playthrough, including full Nintendo Gallery (in 1st Quest) really is time-consuming.

I believe that ALttP is also longer (and harder imo). Plus less of that is padded out with storyline and cutscenes.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Twilight Princess is definetely a long game. But that's one of the things I love about it. They give you more time with such an awesome game. :DDD Although, WindWaker took me longer to beat. Although, maybe the only reason for that is that whole really annoying part in WW where you have to get the Triforce shard maps translated and Tingle makes you pay 395 rupees for each one. I spent soooo much time going around using all my Treasure Charts to get money so I could translate them.
Hinthint! In WW, if you need money, dig out your treasure charts and use them. I never used them at first cause I thought they would just give you a bunch of junk, but EACH one gave me a SILVER rupee! Well, a few of them gave heart pieces, but for the most part, I got pretty filthy rich. xDDD Unfortunately, I had to give all my hard-searched money to Tingle... :(

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I'm not sure -- I recall OoT taking much longer to beat, at least without a guide. A fair bit of it is that it's a harder game, and I recall me taking more time to 100% it, especially because of the Golden Skulltulas. The Poes in TP are a joke in terms of time consumption compared to the Skulltulas. In terms of actually executing the side quests, I suppose TP would have taken longer, but I breezed through most of them, whereas I took more of my time to observe my surroundings in OoT, and worked to solve the side quests via Gossip Stones and dialogue, which took up time in their own right.

ALttP definitely seemed longer to me, because it was a very difficult game, and the sidequests were very few and hard to figure out. Because of their sparsity, it felt like much of the time taken to play the game was spent trying to figure things out, dungeons included. It had roughly 13 dungeons, if you count Hyrule Castle both at the beginning of the game and again after getting all the Medallions.

I believe that ALttP is also longer (and harder imo). Plus less of that is padded out with storyline and cutscenes.

This is a solid point, because ALttP was mostly gameplay, and it was certainly heftier in that department.

If you consider the second quest, the original LoZ is pretty darn long, too -- it had 18 dungeons! Without a guide, it took easily upwards of 80 hours of my time.

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
I think it could be 4th longest. Personally to me Orcale of Ages/Seasons is the longest if you put in the password to play the full version then it's not. I beat Twilight princess in about eh 4 days? And that's with on and off playing, I was a little dissapointed at that so I went back and played again and found it longer for some reason...eh.

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
No its not but it can be to some people but ocarina of time is the longest game so far but twilight princess can be tricky so it can be long but ocarina is longer!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
It says this on the back of the GameCube TP case: "The Biggest Zelda Adventure of All Time!" Now, it depends on how "Biggest" is used; as in the longest adventure, or is the most provoking. Personally, I believe it's a blend of both, counting the cutscenes and sidequests. Not counting them, it still is as you're required also to hunt down the Owl Statues and move Ilia to Kakariko Village, which are both part of the main story. If we could have cut sailing time down in WW then TP would definitely be the longest, but I believe it's a struggle between both titles.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Well, Twilight Princess is fairly short, assuming you do no sidequests and no minigames and go nowhere but where you need to go. First of all, there are very very very few first-time players that will ignore such allures. The dungeons are time-consuming, although not as much so as OoT. If you play through the game at a fairly leisurely pace, stopping for sidequests and the like on the basis of convenience, it will take you at least 30 hours. It took me about 45 hours, plus another three or four to take on the Cave of Ordeals.

Overall, in terms of just the main quest, WW and TP are by far the longest. In terms of 100%, though, WW is the longest by enormous leaps and bounds.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
It is very long if you do all the sidequests, which I attempted. It was my first Zelda, so it took me forever, and I finished in 69 hours. I ended up with a time of 50 hours the second time around, with the attempt of the sidequests. It was still fun, even if it took awhile.

N

Ninjatrek

i played TP awhile ago, and i thought it was really long. but im glad it was :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom