• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is OOT overrated?

Is OOT overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I feel it is overrated.
It's no fault of it's own, but it suffers from FFVII Syndrome.
It's a good game, it has its merits and its shortfalls like the rest of the series, but it's made out to be the best thing since sliced bread by most of the gaming population.

Don't get me wrong, its a great game, and it helped the franchise tremendously, however, there are still other Legends i'd rather play again than this one.

Darknut

time to panic
Although many may disagree with this, I do think that OoT is overrated. Many games have been made in the past ten years and I'm sure many of them Zelda fans enjoyed more than OoT. I still love OoT, and it's near the top of my list, I just think better games have been made now. Not storyline wise, OoT won't be beat for a storyline like that in a looooong time, but graphic wise, yes, experience wise (as in you feel like your in the actually game), yes, and there are more things to do in other games too. I'm sure no one hates OoT, I just think better games have come up in these ten years.

Zarom

The King
I think it's overrated, don't take me wrong, it's an awesome game :D, but it exists better Zelda games

That is my opinion too. :nod:

And I definitely agree with the people above me!

OOT was such a great game. But it is not my favorite Zelda. (not even my second one!) :cool:

So I have to admit it is overrated. :lol:

D

dug428

OVERRATED! I don't think it was actually that great of a gamer. I think Majora's mask was WAY BETTER!

Flagpole

I'm back!!
OK, first off, I have to admit I only own two zelda games (OOT and MM, but, hey! I started playing Zelda this year and own a N64, so...) so my opinion probably won't be as wise as the other opinions...

I don't think OOT is overrated.
You know guys, I've OOT since April from this year.
So, I actually have the experience to judge if OOT is better than today games...

First off, OOT is a fantasy game, while 70% of today games have no imaginiation at all (hey, just guessing...).
I'll tell you what I can see today:
Games full of violence or very/almost realistic.
This games have no imagination at all, and super-realistic graphics (which i myself hate).

So, these are today games, worst of all I've to live with this games...

What's OOT?
OOT is a game with almost perfect music, a good storyline (it surprised me sometimes, this is proof!), really good graphics (consider which graphics I like), and very full of imagination.
OOT has violence, but Zelda games are a mix of fantasy, violence, and much more.

As for the versions, if people keeps playing them, then nothing happens.
There is people without a N64 who really likes OOT.
Why?
Because the Zelda Series are the only series that will never get old, and always will have good quality games (unless Miyamoto dies :( )

So no, to me OOT is not over-rated.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
oot is my standard. if any game is not more fun than oot i do not play it at all after i have beaten it. oot was the first game i have ever owned, so it will stay in my heart forever as one of the best.

Sorry, but Ocarina of Time is overrated. Yes, it was the first 3D Zelda game and had amazing graphics in its day, but I just can't find myself playing it over and over again. It also set the standard for many other games that were like it. But because of all the praise and good reviews for it, it slowly became overrated. This is just my opinion.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I don't think so. For starters, it's the most popular Zelda game, and since the new ones can't match up to the old ones, it's most likely going to stay with that title. Even by most common gamers and several game companies it's considered the best game of all time.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I don't think that OOT is Overrated,but thats my opinion.OOT is the game I grew up with and is one of my fav zelda game.

L

linkguy

While certainly not a bad game by any means, I'm getting sick of hearing about how it's the greatest Zelda adventure of all time.
I have to say, though there was a problem with the whole "Use an item in one dungeon and use it very little the next and even less in the field", TP has to be my fav., but this is the OOT forum.
OOT is still a pretty good game.

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
Not overrated. I enjoy all the Zelda games besides Phantom Hourglass no offense). I enjoy OOT and MM the same way. But MM seems more depressing than OOT. Wouldn't you worry if your home was destroyed?

CZG

How come there be some list of best games anyway? How can you compare this to a racing game or something?
It's not overrated, many other games are underrated!

OoT IS quite epic if you don't play this game 20 times in ten years, but play it once each four or five years or so!

Awesome game, not really as important to gaming as the original Legend of Zelda NES game, not as replayable as A Link to the Past or even as The Adventure of Link, not as stunning as Majora's Mask, not as mysterious as Links Awakening, not as cool looking as The Wind Waker, not as inventive as the newer handhelds or as beatifull as Twilight Princess (not really fair is it?)

I don't know if it's the best in the series, problably not....
But it is the most recommanded game of all. OoT could make people love these games. To many people, Zelda games are too big, too much story, too lenghty, too complicated or too much work.

Where many friends failed to see the greatness of the whole Zelda series throughout the years, a bunch of them eventually got completely hooked on Ocarina of Time, stopping by my house at 2 o'clock at night to play! One of them bought a gamecube with only one game. You know which one I think...

Ocarina of Time is the most playable in the series, which was of great importance to it's popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom