• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Change Him (Link)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Right because we NEVER used the word "marriage" in Kindergarten (age 5)! :I

Girls are considered icky until, like, 13 or so. There are exceptions, but they are rare and generally considered "weirdos".

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
We've been seeing the same tunic design (Well, relatively the same) for quite a long time, so I'd probably tweak the design a little--keeping it green, of course. As for the signature hat... while it may look silly on other people, I think Link works it, ya' know? I wouldn't change the blue eyes--lots of people, myself included (I'm biased, since I am blue-eyed :P), really like them. I probably wouldn't change much in his design much, if at all, but I'm down with the whole 'keeping Link older' thing. Though we've been seeing that more recently, there's still a heck of a lot more young Links than old ones.

When are people going to learn that you just can't change a man. It never works out. Accept him as he is or move on.

Salem

SICK
How do you know he's 9? I think they wouldnt be letting 9 year olds drive trains all by themselves, I think he's early or mid teens.

Can't really think of any changes I would make, but on a slightly unrelated note: I hate it when people think he has pink hair in LttP. It's a color palette problem...
I don't care, he's still pink haired to me<3
also, there was an interview with miyamoto and they had a pink haired clay model of link, so it is semi-official somewhat.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
LOL all the talk about romance and kindergarten...When I was in kindergarten I would always want to sit by this one boy who I said was my boyfriend, he hated it. And in 1st grade me and a bunch of girls decided we were going to chase boys at recess one day, I never caught the one I was chasing and went home mad. I wouldn't know what to do with him if I did catch him...

Moral of the story: at that age, romance is pretty much a foreign subject :lol: Back on topic, I'd keep the young Links at least 13 for the shipping(because we know it will happen), the tunic is badass, and pink hair...I dont like it, but to each their own.

Salem

SICK
Why don't nintendo keep a hairdresser in the next game so Link can change his hair style and colour like animal crossing for wii and ds? I would make his hair pink;)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Except this isn't 500 years ago. This is 2013, and today, Link doesn't look very cool.

First you just made Scotland angry.

Second of all, Zelda games aren't set in modern times. They are mostly set in some kind of medieval universe, with occasional random out of place technology which can be explained by the existence of magic in their realms. This is the reason why guns and whatnot will never rightfully belong in a Zelda game. And no I don't mean a literal medieval universe where we can translate it to the year 1101 or whatever, but signs would indicate that is the kind of vibe we have there.

Anyway, I don't really care what Link wears, although I like the idea of changeable useful tunics. That was one of the things OoT did well, though I agree there could be more.

I preferred a slightly darker-haired Link though, e.g. TP, much cuter ;)

As for Link's age in respective games, I don't think you can judge the age of toon Link's against more realistic looking Link's because they are cartoons, end of. I assume WW Link was 9 or 10 though, as in OoT Link. MM Link was supposedly about 12 or 13. There seem to be various ages for Adult Link, though he seems to be the same age as OoT Adult Link in SS and older than that (maybe around 19 or 20) in TP.

I don't know if I would do away with child Link completely though. I think maybe if they could somehow use both in a game again, like in OoT. I liked that there were parts that had to be done as a kid and other parts for an adult, with variable items.

Anyway, I think a lot of the comments on this thread have become ridiculous and immature, not to mention possibly offensive. This isn't about crossdressing, and even if you do insist on discussing it, it's not for you to make some kind of moral judgement on it or bring any of this macho conditioning as if that is any kind of valid argument as to why you think Zelda shouldn't be a dress up game. Just saying.

Except Zelda is typically set in medieval worlds. So yes it is 500 years ago.

I just saw this and erm the Medieval times weren't just 500 years ago... more like 800-1000 years ago.... just saying.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
He said 500 so I said 500. And its not even set in our world, so exact years don't matter. But it is themed after medieval europe.

I would make link have four age stages child, young adult, full adult link, and elderly link, there would have to be some time travel other wise the age stages would be permanent, I would also expand his arsenal to allow for dual short blades and maybe axes too, as for his out fit I would combine light weight armor with his classic green tunic, I would also like to give him a pulse rifle just kidding that would be ridiculous, I can't think of anything else at this time.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
lol old Link, that could be interesting, he can get senior discounts when he goes to shops.
"Sir are you sure you can carry all this heavy equipment?"

"Respect your elders, you little whippersnapper! Back in my day we drug around twice that every day! And we didn't have those fancy smancy fire and ice arrows! If we didn't kill the monster with a regular arrow, we either ran for our lives or fought tooth and nail! And we LIKED it!"

As interesting and amusing as it is, I don't think old man Link would go over well xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom