• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Change Him (Link)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Link is iconic in the world of video games. You take one look at that boy whose got green tights, a pointy hat, some boots, blonde hair, blue eyes, pointy ears, and sword over his back and you know he's the awesome Link; savior of Hyrule and the adventurer who battles Ganon. His look is cool and well-known. If you could redesign our hero, it can be just his clothes or more, what would you do? What kind of awesome hero would our franchise have?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Use the more realistic Link. Possibly ditch young Link completely or replace him with a slightly older Link. I mean he was cute in Spirit Tracks, but 9 year old romance seems kinda...messed up.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Are we talking a single game change or permanently?

I think it would be interesting at least for 1 game to have a She Link. Saving the Prince.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
If I could permanently change one aspect of Link, it would be his hair. Don't get me wrong, I love his golden locks more than anything, but I would love to see him as a brunette more often. Aside from permanent changes, I would prefer it if Link were more customizable. Instead of just having maybe 2-3 tunics (discluding Magic Armor from some games), we could potentially expand it to 4-5 tunics -- each holding some sort of property that aids Link in his adventure. I think that'd be a major pro to the series.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Use the more realistic Link. Possibly ditch young Link completely or replace him with a slightly older Link. I mean he was cute in Spirit Tracks, but 9 year old romance seems kinda...messed up.
How do you know he's 9? I think they wouldnt be letting 9 year olds drive trains all by themselves, I think he's early or mid teens.

Can't really think of any changes I would make, but on a slightly unrelated note: I hate it when people think he has pink hair in LttP. It's a color palette problem...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
We need a game in which Link goes to the salon (as part of his main adventure) and streaks his hair with different colours, as well as get it cut. He then goes on a major shopping spree and buys a completely new wardrobe. On his shopping list is some sexy high heels, a pink trench coat, some sexy yellow spandex, and a lovely dress for special occasions. He then goes home and puts on his epic new suit, and then goes to save Hyrule. That is what the next Zelda game should be like.

DarkestLink

How do you know he's 9? I think they wouldnt be letting 9 year olds drive trains all by themselves, I think he's early or mid teens.

Can't really think of any changes I would make, but on a slightly unrelated note: I hate it when people think he has pink hair in LttP. It's a color palette problem...

They confirmed OoT Link is 9. In tWW it says that they are given the hero's clothes when they are the same age as the hero...so unless you wanna argue he's 16, then he's 9. And ST Link looks the same, so I'm calling 9...10 tops.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I don't know if I'd really call him "cool". He wears tights and a tunic. A tunic at my school is the female's uniform that they have to wear every Friday.

I think ditch young link except for the 2D games or if they are using a wind waker-esque artstyle, and make him always at least 16. They're doing that right now, so it's fine.
Historically men throughout the world have worn , skirts/ kilts/ robes/ tunics. There is nothing inherently feminine about it.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
They confirmed OoT Link is 9. In tWW it says that they are given the hero's clothes when they are the same age as the hero...so unless you wanna argue he's 16, then he's 9. And ST Link looks the same, so I'm calling 9...10 tops.
They might have forgotten the exact age over time, the original kingdom was drowned and I don't think a lot of the people in OoT time would bother to ask a random kid from the forest how old he was and log it to memory. 13 seems reasonable. Old enough for some romance, but of course not all.

And all the Toon Links look the same. The toon style itself is hard to determine ages with.

TSter: NO. No crossdressing for him xD

DarkestLink

They might have forgotten the exact age over time

That's a theory and holds no ground. I confess the same can be said with ST Link automatically being the same age because he looks the same--then again...there is nothing about him that looks 13. He and his tWW counterpart look younger than OoT Link really...

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Except this isn't 500 years ago. This is 2013, and today, Link doesn't look very cool.

And I'm sorry @Dragoncat but ST Link is about 9 or 10, as is WW Link. Your age of 13 is based off speculation, while the age of 9 or 10 is confirmed by facts provided in game (same age of the hero). Listen to Link's voice in ST, he is certainly 9 or 10.

Romance for a 10 year old, nothing wrong with that. If anything it just shows how pure their love is.
Except Zelda is typically set in medieval worlds. So yes it is 500 years ago.

And are you telling me there is something wrong with Kilts (beware insulting people who throw giant rocks and logs for a pass time), or SPARTA!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

Right because we NEVER used the word "marriage" in Kindergarten (age 5)! :I

If I could do a single thing to Link, it would be giving him boobs. Female Link forever! I'm tired of seeing the same face and same body 100% of the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom