• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

IDEA: Double Wielding!

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I know that by now they probably wont include this in the game, and that it sounds like a Halo or No More Heroes kinda thing.

Ok a few weeks ago I was at school I had just finished an assigment and I had nothing to do so I started drawing( I'm a really good artist ;)) a Toon Link(Is that too weird?) and I realized I drew the shield on the wrong arm; I tried to erase it, but guess what?I DREW IT WITH A PEN! I ignored that so I went ahead and drew a shield in the other arm I thought it looked cool so I went ahead and drew a sword in one hand, that didn't seem so fitting to me, so I drew a sword in the other hand. In the end it was a bad@ss looking Toon Link with two swords and two shields. A couple of days later I tried that with the real Link in another notebook an it was so awsome looking. What do you guys think? should there be a dual wield option in Zelda 2010? I think it's a pretty good idea!

BTW I'm doing a series in YT called "Waiting 'Till the next Legend of Zelda"
http://www.youtube.com/user/dannythesage
Expect all parts to come out soon!:D

Last edited:

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think this could be a good idea to a limited extent...

If there were certain parts of the game that it was necessary to block tons of stuff with two shields or execute special sword techniques with two swords I think that would be cool.

In general I think it's a good idea for them to think about not always having a sword in the right hand and a shield in the left. Considering that the concept art of the game shows Link sans sword, maybe they are already getting more creative about how Link is equipped.

What I would also like, is if they added motion capture to the nunchuk so that you could use it to block in tandem with using motion plus for the sword...

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The way that you came up with this idea is interesting, but I have to report that it isn't exactly an original idea. There are quite a few games that allow you to dual wield weapons.

There is one sword in Ocarina of Time that requires both hands (not allowing the use of a shield), but that's as close as they've come to allowing it so far.

I don't think it's likely that they'll allow this, but it would be interesting to see this feature outside of generic computer RPGs. I wonder how they could simplify it without doing the whole weird thing with "offhand penalty" and precise attack power? They'd need to make the shield more useful if they were going to encourage people not to just go through the whole game with two swords all the time.

Din Akera

Sniper
I think it would be cool to have two swords. There could be interesting moves with the spin attacks, something comparible to super smash bros. But I don't like the idea of two shields. But this is partly because I don't like defending, and I do it very little. I'm more for the attack and offense, and just forget the shield, just dodge if you must.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
The way that you came up with this idea is interesting, but I have to report that it isn't exactly an original idea. There are quite a few games that allow you to dual wield weapons.

There is one sword in Ocarina of Time that requires both hands (not allowing the use of a shield), but that's as close as they've come to allowing it so far.

I don't think it's likely that they'll allow this, but it would be interesting to see this feature outside of generic computer RPGs. I wonder how they could simplify it without doing the whole weird thing with "offhand penalty" and precise attack power? They'd need to make the shield more useful if they were going to encourage people not to just go through the whole game with two swords all the time.

Lol yeah, but you won't have to go through the WHOLE game with it, likw I said it should be and option. It would make new cool moves like a Enourmous spin attack or a backstab while you are fighting an enemy in front of you. :)

duel wielding would be pretty cool. You get two clawshots in TP, so why not get two swords, two shields, or maybe even two boomerangs!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Dual wielding is one of those ideas that should be included in a future Zelda, but not this one... The motion plus controls for the new game probably won't be devolved enough to support the feature. I think we will be seeing many new features included into the Zelda franchise over the years. But there needs to be a slow and steady progression towards that end, or else we may see the utter ruination of the series. If things change too fast it wont be Zelda anymore, It'll be Adventure of Link all over again. No I think this time we will only get to use one blade at a time. Although a dagger in the other hand would pump up the combat in ways we can't imagine!

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
In one sense it would be awesome!
In another it would seem like the games have taken a road towards Prince of Persia.

There should always be only one sword that Link primarily carries in the game, it's the way it has always been done and contributes to the relevance of the Master Sword. However, it would be pretty cool if you had the option of putting away your shield and using 2 swords for a limited amount of time, or in a single room.

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
With a dual shields part, they could make a dungeon with at least one narrow walkway with rocks shooting from both directions and the only way to cross would be by wielding two shields. I think that would be pretty cool.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm not sure about having both out at once, but a dual blade sounds awesome. The moves that would come with would be mind blowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom