• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask I Think MM Should Be Remade

Let me start off by saying I am actually scared for the Ocarina of Time remake. There are a few reasons, and I will explain why.

In Super Mario 64 DS, the only major change was the fact that Mario's character from the original, namely his cap powers and a few of his moves, were split into four characters. There were a few other things added to each of the characters, but for the most part, that was the only major change. Everything else, other than improved graphics was the same.

In FireRed/LeafGreen, the only major change was the graphics. Even the sound was hardly tampered with, only changing the instruments. Only major change was adding the Sevii Islands and that was an addition, not a change.

Comparing those two successful remakes, I notice that most successful remakes are the ones that hardly change anything. And as Aonuma said, Ocarina of Time 3D will be "retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it." In other words, it will hardly be the same game, just the same story. So far, not a lot has changed. Graphics have improved, slightly, and a bit of touch control has been added, but what I'm afraid of is that they change too much. This is why HeartGold/SoulSilver disappointed me, there was too much changed. The music wasn't the same at all, they added a lot of experimental features into the game that they should've used on a mainstream game, etc. This sounds like an excuse for them to experiment with ideas and use it on an old title so when they fail, they have a good excuse why.

Now, you're probably wondering how this all relates. If Ocarina of Time 3D is sucessful, then there's a chance (slim one) that they'll remake Majora's Mask. If they don't screw up Ocarina of Time 3D, which I'm about 90% sure they will, then they will for sure screw up Majora's Mask. It's just too big, and too much tampering could result in the games closest to our hearts being ruined. I don't know about you, but every time I want to play a game that's been remade such as Pokemon Yellow, Super Mario 64, etc. I get the feeling that I want to play the remake, and then all I loved about the original will be lost.

i personally really don't like what they're doing with the 3DS, cause i'm actually one of those people who can see only out of one eye, and that would make for some bad problems in 3D games, movies, ect. i mean they should at least have an option to turn off the 3D affect that you gamers who like the idea of 3D can get what you want and me and the few people in the world that share the same kind of eyesight as i do can have what we want, cause i'm interested in the new Kid Icarus coming out i haven't seen that series since the NES, and i'm not ging to count Brawl despit Pit's inclusion in that game, i nevr played as him there because his moveset wasn't my kind of moveet

i personally really don't like what they're doing with the 3DS, cause i'm actually one of those people who can see only out of one eye, and that would make for some bad problems in 3D games, movies, ect. i mean they should at least have an option to turn off the 3D affect that you gamers who like the idea of 3D can get what you want and me and the few people in the world that share the same kind of eyesight as i do can have what we want, cause i'm interested in the new Kid Icarus coming out i haven't seen that series since the NES, and i'm not ging to count Brawl despit Pit's inclusion in that game, i nevr played as him there because his moveset wasn't my kind of moveet

they do have an option to turn the 3D all the way off, that's why the slider is for, so you will still be able to play the games ;)

erm I want to see what they do with OoT 3DS and then comment on this, but stop it with the remakes!, bring me some new games and new experiences! (even tho I will buy OoT and enjoy the heck out of it xD)

they do have an option to turn the 3D all the way off, that's why the slider is for, so you will still be able to play the games ;)

erm I want to see what they do with OoT 3DS and then comment on this, but stop it with the remakes!, bring me some new games and new experiences! (even tho I will buy OoT and enjoy the heck out of it xD)

oh well then that'll do me justice, and yea i wonder what they'll do different for OOT on there cause most of my curiosity comes from what they did to Super Mario 64 DS, i mean if they made Luigi, Yoshi, and Wario playable in that game, a massive change in terms of gameplay, i want to know if they'll give a massive change to OOT the same way, like giving you the transformation masks from MM, i know it wouldn't make sense story wise but it's a remake so they can do that if they wanted to, or better yet they might let you use the skills that were in Twilight Princess

Abbs

Ooooo, Majora's Mask remade in these day's graphics? Sign me up!8D

Only I wouldn't want it for 3DS, a full fledged console game is much preferred. I was really disappointed they didn't make Ocariana of Time for Wii or anything.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I agree remaking MM would be awesome, its my second favorite zelda game, but I would prefer that Nintendo focus on new games than spending their time on older games.

K

kupo?!

I wouldn't settle for a remake. it's perfect as it is.
Majora's Mask is also my 2nd favorite with Ocarina
being the first obviously (Most agree :D).

I would really like to see a 3D remake of A link to the past.
Not 3D like the 3DS but as in Oot 3D. Now that would really
be something, but then again i really wouldn't.
I want new Zelda games more than remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom