• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess I Think It's the Weakest Zelda

I have to post facts to back up my opinion on whether I think a game is overrated or not? Since when?

Since the moment you don't want to look like an ignorant person.

And to the OP, even if it is your opinion it is obsolete. You sold the game after the water temple, not bothering to try out the 5 other dungeons after it and you're calling the game you haven't even finished overrated? Nuff' said.

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
I firmly believe this was one of the worst games in the series, to be frank, in spite of the critics, who these days give out perfect 10s like candy, e.g. GTA IV (a good game but no OoT), etc. I thought wolf and his howl were a sad attempt to respawn OoT/MM but make it cliche and lame. The music was not memorable nor were any of the new tunes good. Previously, the temples were so hard I needed players guides the first few playthroughs before I remembered enough to try it myself: this game I did the temples I did in no more than 1.25 hours, the highest amount was 4 hours before selling the game after the water temple. The game takes after the worst flaw of modern video games: that is telling you exactly where to go and dictating what you do, whereas in LTTP, OOT and MM you had to figure it out, albeit with clues but no game mandated system. This game is a rehash of everything past, whereas even Mario Galaxy had new things.

What did you think?

You missed out on some of the best of the game! How can you put down this game like you did without even basically starting it. As you work through TP, it gets better and better. You have no place to stand in your argument.

Oh, and if you have a chance, buy TP again, and play through it. TP can be compared to LttP or OoT, the game really starts after you beat the first three dungeons. (That's not saying I didn't enjoy every second of those first three dungeons...)

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
I think a hard game like Twilight Princess shouldn't be counted as an "Over-Rated Game" Here are some of my reasons to back it up! 1. Twilight Princess made a revolutionary move for the series with the graphics and its wii motion plus ability! 2. It had great music that can be counted as memorable if you tried hard enough to get in your head. 3. It had a great overall story and plot line.... I haven't beat it I would like to which leads to my fourth and final reason. 4. The amazing difficulty not only does this game kick my butt but it reminds me of OoT and MM; it had hard bosses and puzzles, Just think what could be in Skyward Sword which is also a a Wii Zelda title! So in my opinion its not OVERRATED

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
in my opinion, it is... it is one of the lowest rated Zelda games in my list...
I felt the darkness factor forced, and I've said it in other threads
The twilight was very similar to the dark world in A Link to the Past, even the fact that Link turns into an animal when he enters it (he transformed into a bunny in ALttP if you didn't have the Moon Pearl), the dominion rod was like the song of command in Wind Waker, bosses were ridiculously easy, Midna was annoying for me, and the tears of light collecting was tedious, specially the final one
The final battle wasn't so epic, nor the story as I found it a little tasteless and music wasn't so memorable
Not to mention it that critics said that this game was going to replace OoT (critics generally find it the best Zelda game) as the greatest game ever, and it failed

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I totally DONT agree with you Godkarmachine....I first beat Ocarina of Time on my computer back in 2008 (I didnt have an N64 as a kid), and a couple months later I bought a Wii along with Twilight Princess. I was nothing but impressed with game. Sure Wind Waker has a closer connection with Ocarina of Time, but I liked TP as its own game and not a sequel. I spent countless hours just exploring Hyrule, becuase I was sooo impressed by the size the mysteries that surrounded this modern Hyrule. The Overworld even reminded me of the original Zelda for a reason I cannot explain. I loved TP and will always love it for being unique and creating an awesome experience for me! The Temple of Time brought shivers down my spine as it was so nice to see a modern take on it as well as it being a dungeon. Every time I revisit Ocarina of Time and go to the Temple of Time I say to my self "Behind this stained glass window is a dungeon that's yet to be explored..." Hyrule Castle is also epic as well as many of the dungeons that stay close to my heart. The bosses were a little easy and I can say that it didn't provide too much of a challenge to me, but it's still one of my favourite games of all time! :)

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I do not think TP is overrated. Compared to a lot of the games that cam out during its time, it was an excellent game. It had some good innovation and length, and had decent replay value also.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I believe it is actually a little underated...it had good graphics, good gameplay and was fun. Although it didn't live up to my hopes like WW did after playing the N64 games, it was still decent and deserves a little more credit, and come on? How can you go wrong with the Legend of Zelda series?!?! haha well, I don't think it is that bad at all

...the highest amount was 4 hours before selling the game after the water temple...

The game gets ALOT better and more freeroaming after the first 3 dungeons. Don't say a game's bad if you haven't played through it all.

The only bad part of the game is when:
Zant goes all psycho-loony. He was cool when he was all intimidating.

How can you go wrong with the Legend of Zelda series?!?!

Have you heard of the CD-i games?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The arguments I'm seeing as to why this game is overrated don't really seem to stand. These are more like "what games I prefer" than "what makes a good Zelda game."

First off, the difficulty. Yes, this is probably the easiest game in the series, but as Zelda goes on, it seems to be getting more intense with it's storyline which is probably why it strayed from the difficulty. Also, TP was a great way to test what the Wii could really do while still having to place it on gamecube. I believe difficulty is the only real complaint you could give, but even still, it's not a major flaw because TP makes up for it with fun gameplay and a good story.

Second, the relation to Ocarina of Time. This was NOT an accident or flaw. It was totally intentional. Twilight Princess was meant to bring back a nostalgic feeling in Zelda fans. I don't know when people here played it, but for someone like me who had played several Zelda games and see this reflect on it amazed me to no end.
The song that plays in the Temple of Time would bring tears to anyone's eyes who play Ocarina of Time
Reflecting back on past games is a tradition in Zelda, and Nintendo intentionally made a lot of this in TP. There are even direct relations. (Fishing Gourge pictures)

Third, the darkness. It was a dark game. That's what they wanted it to be, so it was dark. I can't really explain that further, if they didn't influenced enough, it wouldn't have been what it was. Hence the name Twilight Princess. If you don't like dark games, well that's you. But you can't call a game "bad" because it's not your particular favorite. I hate Conker's Bad Fur Day and all that it stands for, but I will admit that it was a great game. On the same that I love Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 even though I can admit that it was a horrible game.

And last, I agree with everyone in that giving TP a judgement like this after only beating the Water Temple is completely unfair. The game has way too much to offer after that. But even still, I don't agree with the flaws that were given for the first 1/3 of the game. I will say some parts were boring and some could've been done better.

If you're gonna call a great game like Twilight Princess bad, it would require more than the reasons above and a view of only a third of the game.

A

AlphaBenson

I really liked TP. I played both the GC and Wii versions and they're nothing short of amazing. I thought Midna was the best guide in all of the Zelda games. I thought playing as a wolf and talking to animals was fun. In fact, once I'm done with Majora's Mask, I'm going to replay Twilight Princess.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm currently playing Twilight Princess and think it's OK. Not as good as OoT but better than some others, I think. I think Adventure of Link is the worst one. It's different, but kind of in a bad way.

I think that it's a pretty well made zelda game, but not as good as everyone says. It has a lot of fun things to do but the thing that kills for me (slightly) is it's linearity and not having many sidequests. Other than that it's great!

But guys let's not start arguing! We all have opinions, be they liking it or not. So let's just accept it for what it is! :)

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
I'm with you, it's one of the weakest Zelda games, if not the weakest, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, it's awesome, just not as good as the other zeldas
The reasons why I'm saying this is that for me it had almost no replay value, as collecting tears of light was bothersome, I've only did two playthroughs, I've replayed WW, MM, ALttP, OoT, etc... countless times, I have even replayed AoL more than TP
The things I didn't like were the difficulty, as it was nonexistant, this includes boss battles. Some items as you said were rarely used outside of dungeons were they were acquired, the spinner being the prime example
Midna... oh Midna... I know many of you love her but not me, I found her annoying, as she is always telling you what to do, and for the most part of the game she uses Link for her own interests (I don't find her hot either)
Music wasn't so memorable as in other Zelda games, it was good, there's no deny to that, but simply not as memorable
Finally the darkness factor... Both a dark side of the world and turning into an animal when entering it was seen in A Link to the Past, and the dark atmosphere wasn't as cleverly used as it was in Majora's Mask (without the need of a world of shadows, story was deeper, more emotive and darker)

Anyway TP had its moments, bosses even if easy were very cool, like stallord or the death miniboss in arbiter's grounds
Bottomline, TP is a great game, but it couldn't stand up to the Zelda games that came before

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Twilight Princess is personally one of my favorite Zelda games.
I love the idea of being able to transform into a wolf. And there are so many amazing characters in TP, they all have so much personality and bring so much life to the game. My favorite minor character being Colin, of course. That kid is just so freaking adorable. The cutscenes are pretty cool, and I love that game in Lake Hylia with the chickens and you try to land on the money platforms. (The guys that run that game freak me out though, personally o_O)
I mean, sure, it's not as challenging as others. But it doesn't have to be. And I love the partner for TP, Midna. She's sarcastic, witty, can be bossy at times, but she's just cool, you gotta admit that. And you couldn't get through the game without her.
The game also has a lot of cool sidequests you can do. The tent in Hyrule Town where you clawshot around and grab the rupee things is cool. The bug collection sidequest is entertaining, and Agatha gives you some good stuff for bringing the bugs to her. Even after I beat the game, I went around doing a bunch of sidequests, increasing wallet and quiver sizes (although that probably should have been done before the game to have some use. Heheheh.) and there was still so much to do.
I like the graphics, too. They were good, the best graphics for a game so far. SS's graphics are going to be better though, I presume. OoT came pretty close though. The Epona in this game was better than the rest, too. She was faster, bigger and better. I've always loved Epona. And racing the guy in OoT to get her was pretty fun, I think. Aahhaha.
Anyway, those are just my opinions, thought I'd share, but each to their own. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom