• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Can't Be The Only One Who Doesn't Hate Tingle Can I?

M

Miss Mari

No... I HATE Tingle. I personally think he is way to creepy. I mean really, a 30-something year old man that dresses like a so call 'fairy' and thinks link is a fairy... Come on man! That is sad.

I agree with Ezio. Tingle is so creepy, I had a nightmare that he made love to Link... And it was a REPEATING dream...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't necessarily hate Tingle, I just have a strong dislike for him. But only Wind Waker Tingle. I don't have a problem with him in Majora's Mask.

In Wind Waker, his character design was just... disgusting. And who wears a speedo over a green, full-body suit?! His eccentricity was probably intended for laughs, but for me, it was just downright disturbing. He's a middle-aged man dressed in tight clothing who's obsessed with fairies. It just screams pedophile.

In Majora's Mask, he's basically a toned-down version of that, which is why he's more bearable for me in that game.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
In Majora's Mask, he's basically a toned-down version of that, which is why he's more bearable for me in that game.

Hmm honestly, I thought he was worse in Majora's Mask, not windwaker.. But Either way, he still is the Definition of pedophile...

I find Tingle to be despicable and loathsome. I've never been a fan of his appearance, quirks, or overall personality traits. I found The Wind Waker's incarnation to be exceedingly annoying due in part to the fact that his greed increased tenfold since his prior appearance in the series [MM]. I mean, I understand preciousness of the Triforce shards, and deciphering its treasure charts makes sense given that, but Nintendo should have gone about it differently, in my opinion. As odd as it may seem, it deepened my hatred of Tingle all the more; it's as if he's the "mascot" for the Triforce Quest, which - if it isn't obvious by now - I hated.

If you asked me, I'd say that Tingle stole the Pictobox to peep in on unsuspecting women and/or children on Windfall Island. It probably wasn't so much that he was arrested for stealing the Pictobox, but rather, he was probably arrested for what he was "planning on doing with it." In other words, he was more than likely arrested for attempted voyeurism. Nintendo was very effective at covering it up... [noparse];)[/noparse]

Last edited by a moderator:

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I like Tingle and who/what he represents. Like the Japs seem to, I like his quirky, eccentric demeanor appealing and like the fact that he is basically a representation of the average neckbeard/shutin/manchild that still lives with his parents. I can understand why some people wouldn't like him though, he's kind of a creeper and most people probably wouldn't like him if they saw him in real life either.

Anyway, there are characters I like more than him, like the Happy Mask Salesman and the skull kid, but overall I think he's at the very least an interesting character.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't know. Idk why I hate him I just do. I kind of like breakin him out of jail and his brothers and fusing kinstones with them in MC and stuff but idk. Maybe it's because he's annoying and makes you pay 398 rupees what is it, seven times?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I really never hated Tingle. It thought it was funny because of how obscure and outright strange he is. In Wind Waker, although, I found it kinda weird that he had 4 brothers that all looked the same as him but in different colors, and made them all spin this giant contraption on Tingle Island. Why?

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I dislike him because of Wind Waker and I hope he never comes back. If he wants to be a map salesman again, fine, but I will never be able to avoid giving him an angry glare like he's cheating me. Which he probably would be.

Other than that, there's nothing actually "positive" about him other than that he looks and acts amusing.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I have no problem with Tingle.

EXCEPT FOR THE FRIKKIN OVERCHARGING ON THE TRIFORCE CHART DECRYPTIONS AJSBAJVHDARFKDJ

...ahem. I'm sorry, I had a weak moment.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hate him and I think he is almost as evil as Ganon himself, but without any redeeming qualities like being a badass. He is a thief and an extortionist. He enslaves his brothers and hinders link by asking for so many rupees, like Ganon he only cares for himself. Someone of his age and weight should not dress in a skin tight licra suit because his moobs show and it looks horrible.

I don't mind tingle because zelda always had very weird characters (I think MM had the most on them). Skyward sword has kinda toned it down (but not by much).

I liked him most in WW, even though he was a little.. off...
and he charged SO MUCH MONEY to decipher the maps.. -___-
But all in all, i enjoyed his wacky, quirky, creepy personality. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom