• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How Young Were You when You Saw Redeads

I hear a lot of people saying that they were like six and played OoT/MM then quite because the Redeads really scared them. My question is, how young were you when you were first scared/saw them?

UPDATE:

Post Script: How do you make Polls?

UPDATE TWO: Serously? People deREPed me for not knowing how to make a Poll? Just sad I say.

Last edited:

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I have no idea how to make polls.

I was 12 (As in this year) when I first saw a redead (I got OoT in March this year) so it's not like I was traumatized like some people ^^

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I first saw them when I was 5. I didn't have much of a problem with them because the only place I saw them was in the Market where they don't freeze you. It was really scary when I saw them jump on Link's back and eat him, but surprisingly I don't remember having any nightmares about it. Now that I have the Sun's Song they're as easy as Ghoma.

Well, I was 3 when I first saw redeads and I was never really scared of them. If I didn't want to die all I did was use the sun song :) .

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I saw my first ReDead about ten years ago, So I would have been eight years old.

I suppose it wasn't too bad for me seeing as I had just completed Castlevania64 before starting on OoT. I mean Castlevania scared the living daylights out of me, when I reached OoT the ReDeads didn't seem like much for me. I still didn't like "The Bottom of the Well" or "The Royal Grave" very much though.

Overall, I'd say that Wallmasters are actually more frightening than ReDead, purely from the shock you receive when they grab you.

Kybyrian

There is an option while making a new thread to turn it into a poll. It is among the options near the bottom of the page. There is a box that you have to check to make it a poll, and then the number of options. I believe that it brings up the option to name the poll choices after you click "Create New Thread". Either that or it appears at the top of the page after checking the box.

Anyway, I first saw Redeads when I was around six or seven. Ocarina of Time came out like 12 years ago or something, right? Anyway, regardless of when it came out, I was pretty young when I first saw them, and they scared me pretty much, especially when I was suddenly frozen and they started eating away at my hearts. Definitely scary back then. Not so much now.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Six. I'm pretty sure I was six... since I think we got OoT in 2000 along with an N64 and MM (wooo, 2 years late to the party, I know.)
And yes, I blame them for my irrational fear of old corpses. Thank you OoT, now I can't so much as go in a nice museum without the need to covertly scope out a room before I enter, and being edgy and on guard all the time just in case one pops out of a corner... >.>

...*cough* Seriously though, they were pretty much my first experience with the undead, and I'm sure they did leave an impact on me. Wallmasters never seemed that scary though... I mean, maybe the first time they grabbed you... but they're hardly sneaky and I'd seen them before in LttP anyway. Floormasters are a different story again... damnit I could never hit them and then they respawn into 3 if you don't kill them fast enough... eep.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Uhhmm, lets see....
I was born in 1990, and I got OoT as soon as it came out because my parents were just as excited for the game as I was...
It was released in 1998(?), so I was probably 8 when I saw Redeads.
Those terrified me, but what scared me more than the Redeads was the Dead Hand.

content

OH GOD, WE GET TO SEE THIS IN 3D.
MY NIGHTMARES RETURN.

content

Back on the subject of Redeads:

content

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
I was quite young. About 9, so 3 years ago or so. I was scared in MM when the mummies came in Ikana Canyon, and when the Skeletons came in the graveyard (sorry if I didn't say the name of the monsters right) I used to have nightmares about the skeletons and how the graveyard keeper always used to dissapear at night when the skeletions came out.
Now I figured out he was in his house! :P But i'm not scared of it anymore, I have gotten used to it.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Hmm, I've played MM since it was released in 2000, and I was 5 or 6 but I didn't get too far enough to see them though. I remember doing a full run-through of OoT and MM though with my grandpa and we finished the games. I was probably about 7 back then. I remember being terrified of them at "Market" as an adult in OoT. I don't think the redeads are the scariest though. I think TWW's floormasters and those dead hands from OoT's Shadow Temple. EWWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom