• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Old Were You when You First Played Zelda?

I was 10 when I played Phantom Hourglass. Ironically Twilight Princess, one of my least favorite Zeldas was the one to get me hooked...

I started playing last year and I've already got 13 of the 17 (including ocarina of time 3D as a separate game) Zelda games.
The games I don't have are links awakening, oracle of ages, oracle of seasons and four swords adventures
I've only beaten ocarina of time 3d and master quest 3d

4 or 5. I remember playing OoT for the first time at some party my dad brought me to.

After that, Wind Waker soon followed when I was 5ish. While I was aware and enjoyed it, I didn't really get into Zelda until I got Minish Cap when I was 8. The rest, as they say, is history.

I was 9 the first time I got a Zelda game. It was TP, about a month after I got the Wii. It's still one of my favorite Zelda games. I remember playing like 5 minutes ALttP before that, and I also remember watching my friend's brother play OOT.

I must have been 3 or 4 when I first experienced Zelda.

Our new neighbours had just moved in, and they had two sons, one of them being a little younger than me. So he invited me over to them, and in that corner in a little room, there was a small TV with a SNES connected to it. He plugged in the game, turned the system and the TV on, and before my very eyes the gates to the magical lands of Hyrule opened up. I really loved playing the game, as well as watching it being played by my friend or his older brother. Being that cool guy with a sword, defeating evil monsters to rescue the princess, it was a great experience for my younger self, and so ALttP didn't only introduce me to Zelda, but to video games in general. I remember being totally excited when I was allowed to borrow the game after I got my own SNES, finally being able to play it by myself.

So, yes, it must have been around age 3 or 4.

I got a NES when I was in my early teens (about 1990/1), I'd seen reviews, pictures etc of Zelda games over the years and thought it wasn't my sort of game. But then in 2003 I read the review for Wind Waker in ONM and based on them giving it a 10/10 I bought the game (in my local TOYS R US store if I remember correctly) and I been hooked ever since. At the time I would have been 25.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom