• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Pronounce the Name of the Horse from Oot?

How do you pronounce the name of the horse frome OoT/MM?

• Epona (Eh-pa-na)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epona (E-po-na as in pony)

• Epona (other. please specify)

• Total voters
M

Mikau38

A Friend and I got in an argument the other day about how you pronounce then name of the horse. I say Epona (Eh-pa-na) and he says Epona (E-po-na. like pony.) How do you say it?

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I used to say E-pa-na, but now I say E-po-na. The reason I switched is because Epona, if I remember correctly, is the name of a Celtic goddess and the preferred pronunciation for that seems to be E-po-na. I could be wrong, though. Either way, I'm used to the long 'o' sound now.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I always say Epona, as I think of it as Electric Pony. Like iPod. Do you say ip-odd? No, you accent the i as it isn't really part of the Pod part. (I think the i stands for internet btw)

Well, yeah, lot's of people have different way's of pronouncing name's in the Zelda series, I pronounce Epona like this:
(Ee-pon-ya)
I don't know why the "ya" is in it, but I should really change it.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
Its always been E- Po-Na for me as well. Like everyone says though there is always gonna be different ways to say and pronounce words like Tomato or Caramel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom