• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Do You Pronounce Gerudo?

How do you pronounce Gerudo?

• "Gherudo"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Jerudo"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I selected the first option, just because that it how I pronounce it. I never thought of it being pronounced any other way, it just seems weird to me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Guhr-oo-doh. I've never even heard or thought of the other pronounciation.

soft G sound now... When I first started OoT we gave it a hard G but going off of the other parts of the language we know it seems to be more appropriate to have the soft G that gives it the "j" sound.

Jur (sounds like Jer) ooo Doe (like a female deer)

Ger-oo-doh

That's the way I pronounce it.

EDIT: the first choice

Last edited:
Ever since I've seen the word, instinct told me to pronounce it with a "hard g". I mean, most words in the English language would have a "soft g" with its "j" sound when followed by vowels such as "e", "i", and sometimes "y". But there are actually some words that don't follow that rule. The only that comes to mind at the moment is geezer, but everyone knows that it is pronounced as gheezer and not jeezer. Just some words, you have that special instinct on how to pronounce them.

So, to be awesome, I shall now compose one of those fancy dictionary pronunciations for it:
ghə·rūʹ·dō

Hehe... lovely, isn't it?

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I've always pronounced Gerudo with a 'Jer' [as in Jerry] Jer-oo-doh.

The first time read the word I felt that a hard G sounded too weird, and that a J pronunciation fit better than a light G, so I decided to go with the J. As a matter of personal taste, I prefer the J sound to the G sound with this word, so I'll likely continue to use it. :P

S

Shoo

I'm norwegian, so for me its always been "Grudo". I don't use the "e" in there for some reason. This probably has to do with my bad understanding of english back when I was 8.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I chose "Gherudo" because it sounds about right. And it also sounds like the word is spelled, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom