• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Temples and Bosses in Majora's Mask

As the title has stated, This thread is about the Hardest Temples and Bosses in Majora's Mask.

I want to hear what Temple you thought was hardest to play through without a guide and which boss was hardest to defeat without a guide.

For the benefit of the thread I am going to list each Temple and each boss and which temple that boss belongs to.

Temples:

Woodfall Temple
Snowfall Temple
Great Bay Temple
Ikana Castle
Stone Tower Temple
The Moon

Bosses:

Odwala - Masked Jungle Warrior - Woodfall Temple
Goht - Masked Mechanical Machine - Snowfall Temple
Gyorg - Gargantuan Masked Fish - Great Bay Temple
Igos Du Ikana - King of Ikana - Ikana Castle
Twinmold - Gargantuan Masked Insect - Stone Tower Temple
Majora's Mask - The Moon
Majora's Incarnation - The Moon
Majora's Wrath - The Moon.

In My opinion, The hardest temple that I have completed is the Great Bay Temple and on the subject of that temple, I also found Gyorg the hardest boss so far, This made the other 2 look ridiculously easy.

Gyorg is by far harder than Goht and Odwala, For most of the battle Odwala's little minions were hurting me and when I killed them they dropped hearts that would heal me, I thought it was a little too easy, Goht got slightly harder making you zig zag around the arena dodging his attacks and traps but still was not too hard to beat.

The Great Bay temple was also by far harder than Woodfall Temple and Snowhead Temple, Even though Woodfall temple is no way near as hard as the Great Bay temple, Snowhead was a lot closer to the hardness of Great Bay Temple, I found this one hard but the Great Bay temple was hard with all the backtracking. Infact, I am not really sure, Snowhead may be as hard as Great Bay Temple.

So, What is your opinion on the subject?

Last edited:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Why is Ikana Castle listed as a dungeon? you dont get a heart piece their... i mean yea you do have to fight Igos Du Ikana but their is no boss mask from him like the other bosses if you add this as a dungeon then i guess the gerudo fortress is a dungeon then huh??? (even though thiers no boss for that either, or heart piece or boss mask...???)

Since there is not really a final boss for the Gerudo Fortress area, Just a few mini-bosses, I would class Igos Du Ikana as a Boss since he is the Final boss of the area, In the Gerudo's Fortress, There is either 1 woman that fights you 3 times or 3 women that each fight you once, All being the same, I don't class them as a Final Boss. I don't think I have ever played a Zelda where the Fina; boss from a Temple was then used again and again in the same area or even outside of that temple.

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
Oh my. I hated Gyorg. So much. He was so freaking annoying it wasn't even funny. Odwala was just down right annoying. Not really very difficult. Goht was.. Really quite fun. I enjoyed fighting him. Sort of. Twinmold.. I didn't really like this boss. It could have been better. I could never keep my magic high enough to use the Giant's Mask. So, I shot it with Light Arrows. Majora was freaking hard. Not to hard with the FD Mask though. So, yeah. Gyorg for sure the hardest. I really hated that boss. It was so confusing the first time. As for the Temple... Pfft. Snowhead for sure. I hated how freaking confusing that place was, and how it was so easy to fall down in the big middle room, and then get lost! D:

Last edited:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
well if u consider that a boss... but pesonally i think that the castle felt more like a side quest then a "real" dungeon, i mean you only get a song for it. that is not what i would classify as a dungeon.

and i'd say Kazumi is spot on, snowhead and gyorg = painful torture

I would say that, as far as temples go, Snowhead proved to be rather difficult. The more you progressed through it, the more intricate and confusing it became. Especially when you had to backtrack, a wrong turn or anything of the nature could lead to a lot of confusion and wasted time.

well if u consider that a boss... but pesonally i think that the castle felt more like a side quest then a "real" dungeon, i mean you only get a song for it. that is not what i would classify as a dungeon.

and i'd say Kazumi is spot on, snowhead and gyorg = painful torture

I wouldn't necessarily consider it a side-quest, seeing as you have to get the Elegy of Emptiness to progress through the game.

As far as bosses go, I'd say either Gyorg or Majora's Wrath (without the Deity Mask).
Gyorg was just annoying. Every time I would prepare an attack, he would swim at me, rendering my attack useless, or he would release smaller fish, and so on.

Majora's whips in Majora's Wrath were rather annoying without the Fierce Deity mask, and could be quite effective. The tactics for killing Majora in human form weren't the easiest in the game, either.

he isen't, twinmold is the boss of the area. oh and is there a map and compass and new weapon in castle ikana? i don't think so.

I meant that Igos du Ikana is the Final Boss of the area known as Ikana Castle, Twinmold is the Final Boss of Stone Tower Temple, Also you get a song which you need to complete the game and as a Side-quest is In my opinion is something that you don't need to do like collect all 15 fairies or getting the Gilded Sword......etc. If you need the item it is a main quest.

Also this is quite off topic. So lets get back on the subject of the thread.

I found the Stone Tower by far to be the most difficult. I ending up switching "gravity" you could say, several times because I had no idea where I was going or what I had to do. Finding all the fairies in that place was a huge pain too, and I finally had to resort to the ZD Fairy walk through to find them all. But, Twinmold was probably the easiest of the bosses. Giant's Mask with Chateau Romani made it super easy. The most difficult boss award most definitely goes to Gyorg. Not only did his one and only attack take away two hearts, you had to get within his "biting range" just to hurt him, so I ended up getting chewed on every time I hurt him.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
I think all of the dungeons and bosses were difficult in their own way, so it's hard to narrow it down. To me, though, the Snowhead Temple was the hardest dungeon due to the excruciating puzzles, and the hardest boss was Gyrog because he dealt so much damage.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
sorry your right i got off topic..:S ikana castle IS a main quest (because u do need the song) but i still don't think it should be classified a dungeon, hey its your opinion though... i just dont think it's as hard as a real dungeon, so i dont think any1 will be choosing that one as the hardest MM temple in this thread but hey agree to disagree right?

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I agree that Ikana castle is a sub-dungeon. Like the Ice Cavern in OOT, completion is needed to progress in the storyline, but the usual calling cards of a dungeon (Heart Piece, New Weapon/Item, and the sort) aren't present.

As for this topic, I'd have to say Great Bay Temple and Gyorg. However, honourable mention goes to Majora's last form. All those whipping tentacles made for an exciting and difficult battle. Unlike Gyorg, where it felt like the fish was cheating in some way......

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
Woodfall temple

It wasn't very difficult. I only got "stuck" (if I remember correctly) on the part where you had to take the deku mask off to jump across to the room full of black boes. I'm not sure why something that simple was difficult, maybe I didn't think I could make it across since I was getting used to the deku mask.
Odolwa was pretty easy, since it didn't take much thinking to beat him. I'd compare him to a stalfos since he has a sword and shield, but if you can get by the sheild he's simple to damage. I definitley wouldn't consider this the hardest dungeon.

Snow head temple

This place wasn't that hard but falling off, going back, got very annoying, and it was a bit difficult to get a good start. What got me here was that dang pillar, I didn't realize you could punch those disks of ice off to make it shorter. Goht was not very hard, and was actually easier with the goron mask, rather than the fd mask. He ran away from you! And he would only, ocasionally attack with some kind of electric orb thing. Though it's quite frustrating having to follow him around, he wasn't actually something you could easily die fighting. This place wasn't as hard as others, but it is surely a step up in difficulty.

Great Bay temple

Loved the great bay. Hated the temple for it. I got through it, reached the water wheel room. Couldn't figure out which room I needed to go to, because there was one I didn't know I could get too, just shut the game off because I had to go (I think) and didn't really care since I had wasted so much time. After, I used a walkthrough for most of it, because it really saved some trouble and I just wanted to move on to Ikana. Gyorg took a while to beat, and I was starting to get worried the mooon would fall before I could kill him, but eventually I succeeded. Very hard temple in my opinion.

Stone Tower Temple

Not too hard, but surely had some parts that were really frustrating. The ones that I remember (the most)are getting thrown by dexihand and the mirror room. Knowing you could turn the temple upside down would probably kill many people some time if they got stuck, but I just wanted to have fun with the temple and not get stuck and have to start over, so i made sure I wouldn't have to go back, through the internet.-.- Twinmold is easy, but I'd always run out of magic for the giants mask (I knew about the pillars but I couldn't find the magic from them in time), though I could kill it with the bow after doing a good amount of damage with my giants mask. Pretty difficult temple, but not as hard as great bay (and a lot cooler if you ask me)!

The moon

It wasn't very difficult, except for the room where you must roll as a goron, and going through the hide and seek/dungeon part isn't even needed.
I used a walkthrough for majora's mask, but majora's incarnation and wrath were actually quite easy for me (no help). I may have died 1 or 2 times (had fairies and romani milk), but no more. Wasn't that hard for me.

To rank dungeons, and bosses would be in the same order for me, I'd say:
1. Great Bay
2. Ikana's Stone Tower
3. Snowhead
4.Woodfall

For fun, just to rank bosses with fd's mask:

1. Twinmold
2. goht
3. gyorg
4. Odolwa (might be tied with gyorg but I can't make up my mind.)

Oh and some corrections about boss titles (looked it up on zelda wiki to be sure).
It's giant (not gargantuan) masked insects (plural, not singular).
Masked mechanical monster (not machine).
Just so you can edit it if you want to.

Last edited:

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I'd have to say that Stone Tower Temple and its boss Twinmold were the hardest for me. I didn't like the temple because I forget what rooms... but there were like five rooms that I didn't understand at all and could not pass. As for the boss I always run out of magic power and there for I cant use the giants mask, and then I'd have to start using arrows to hit twinmold and that is a real pain, because if you run out of arrows your dead. One thing I cant understand is why everyone hates gyorg sooo much I found him easy... kinda scary though too but thats the fun of it.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
^
I agree. I always had problems with Ikana. Hard in everyway you see it, is the last temple and it's very difficult. to only get there is a great challenge. Also, is this part of the game where you can see most of the twisted ideas from the game. The great bay temple was pretty hard too. The puzzles and boss were very hard. But Ikana is the hardest for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom