• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Graphics"

Amelie

Air Dancer
You seriously need to stop picking on people and almost makeing it out like only your opinion matters >>

I know you are talking about NGC. So am I. there are a number of games with more colour.. smoother edges.. and just plain looks better then the dull dark shaded and blurry TP. But thats MY opinion and I think I deserve to have it.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Oh you definitely deserve to have it, but putting out your opinion is asking for it to be questioned and deconstructed. If you don't want that to happen, stop expressing it. Otherwise get over it and grow a backbone.

The truth is, graphics don't matter as much as people say they do. They are definitely a factor that goes into what makes a good game, but not necessarily a requirement. There are tons of people who play games with awful graphics by today's standards, myself included. As long as it does not hinder your view, sub-par graphics should not detract from the overall game experience. I actually find that games with below-average graphics have a certain charm to them.

As for OoT/MM, the graphics are obviously dated, but bearable. And that is all that should really matter. I may be blinded by nostalgia, though, seeing as I have had my OoT and MM cartridges for years.

C

Crystallion

Graphics don't really matter that much, if the gameplay is great. That's what the Zelda series has been famous for despite almost always having the same basic formula.

Also, TP looks great, no questions asked. As long as the developers create the right atmosphere, it doesn't matter if you can't see every piece of grass separately.

Graphics don't really matter that much, if the gameplay is great. That's what the Zelda series has been famous for despite almost always having the same basic formula.

Also, TP looks great, no questions asked. As long as the developers create the right atmosphere, it doesn't matter if you can't see every piece of grass separately.

I agree with what you said.
I want a game to be fan first,and look good second.

Amelie

Air Dancer
The thing that comes first for me is gameplay. Castlevania 64 looks very bad for a 1999 game. But it was fun and thats why I liked it ^^

General Lee

Classic Gamer
The graphics on OoT are really good in my opinion probably because i grew up on NES/SNES/N64. And graphics will never make a game good. its like 1/4 of a game. If its fun/has a good storyline its a good game to me. I still love playing my atari even though the grapgics are bad. It makes you use your imagination if you know what I mean?But hounestly ive had so manny arguments over how people think graphics make a game. Like some kids at my say halo 3 is better then any NES game. But really thats over 20 years of technology advancement. You just cant compare. At the time im sure OoT/MM had great graphics, just as we are seeing now with the new generation consoles.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I hear all these people say they don't like the ghraphics on mm and oot. I don't really care for the graphics just the game story and stuff. It gets annoying when I hear people say I wont play this game cause graphics are terrible.

I bet in 10 years you will say the same thing about tp or ph or ww

Yeah i know it's horrible. At the time the graphics in oot and mm were considered the best of the best. And people are saying the graphics in tp are revolutionary for this gaming era. And like you said they'll probably end up saying the same about the current revoulutionary graphics.

Zarom

The King
I saw that I while ago, I tough it was a really good resume, so here it it:

"Noobs play Zelda for the graphics".

or I would even say:

''Noobs play video games for graphics''.

I saw that too:

''Graphics don't make a good game, the story and gameplay does.''

That is that. I played LOZ & AOL yesterday and the day before and I really didn't care AT ALL about the graphics. They are both really good games. As for OOT & MM and any other Zelda. :stalfos:

''Yes, a question for all the people in Hyrule: Life? or Death?''

''Yes, a question for all the people in Hyrule: Gameplay or Graphics??''

I personnally NEVER cared about graphics. It's the game itself that has to be good. :clap::lol::cool::D:wave::nod:

Last edited:

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
sometimes, I actually like the more simplistic graphics. They just grow on you. WW graphics, despite how simple they are, kind of make the gamne more fun. IDK.:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom