• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Graphics"

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
8-bit are far from today's graphics, yet I got four NES games on my Wii, and they kick ***! One of them is Zelda (stupid 4th dungeon!).
Old games still kick ***..specially Kid Icarus,Metroid,LoZ,AL and some others...

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I'm not being anti-zelda or anything, but Super Mario Bros. for the NES reintroduced video games after the Video Game Crash of 1983. The graphics are suckish by today's standards, but it is the most popular game of all time with over 40.3 million copies sold on every format it has ever appeared on (I might have virtual consoled it). Same for first Zelda. It dropped you in a massive overworld, and people were clueless as what to do with the wide open space. It is still a cool game to millions today, and a lot of video games were made up with TLOZ, only with wireframe and polygons, not sprites, unless certain occasions.

N

NoNameC68

As quite a few people before me have said, the game is older and was for the N64, thus the graphics obviously won't be nearly as good. OoT was considered to have some of the best graphics back in the day.

Kybyrian

^ You've got that right, and not to mention was a milestone for the Legend of Zelda series going 3-Dimensional.

R

Rebekah

I dont care for the graphics either I'm just saying that to many people I know say those graphics stink. I dont like old games because of their graphics

so you wont play castlevania or the legend of zelda because the graphics are old? you are missing out >>

true.. TP graphics are actually kind of bad.. i mean ssbm had better graphics.. but graphics are not everything

not playing a game because the graphics are bad is just foolish >>

The thing with graphics, is, like any other software, they are in a constant state of evolment, and no matter how advanced they get, there's always going to be something more advanced.
So...A game is only as good as its story, and of course, creativity.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
so you wont play castlevania or the legend of zelda because the graphics are old? you are missing out >>

true.. TP graphics are actually kind of bad.. i mean ssbm had better graphics.. but graphics are not everything

You are kidding right? Melee had great graphics but Twilight Princess looked a lot better. Details, effects and other showcases of 6 years of working on GameCube tech, made for one of the best looking games on the system, second to maybe Resident Evil 4.

Claire

The Geekette
Graphics are totally irrelevant to me if I can comprehend major things around you (i.e. stairs, or platforms).

Really, when I sit and think about it, some of the most enjoyable games I've encountered were dreadful in the graphics department. I am more concerned with game play and a fantastic storyline. If I can find that, even in a game with graphics you'd encounter within the Nintendo Entertainment System, what matters is that it is a good game, despite whatever the graphics are.

Amelie

Air Dancer
You are kidding right? Melee had great graphics but Twilight Princess looked a lot better. Details, effects and other showcases of 6 years of working on GameCube tech, made for one of the best looking games on the system, second to maybe Resident Evil 4.

Actually... TP had more square edges then SSBM. But its not fair to compare a small game like SMBB to a big game like TP.

Still. TP graphics arent really that good compared to other NGC games.

And like others said. Graphics arent everything. The gameplay is what matters for me.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Whether it was had more square edges or not, TP boasted better details, better effects, pushed more polygons and a strong grasp of the technology at hand by the Zelda team. To claim that TP isn't one the GCNs best looking late gen games is insane.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
What games are you comparing it to? Gears of War?

I'm comparing it to other last gen games and it was one of the best looking last-generation games.

Amelie

Air Dancer
No. Other NGC games. Cant other people have there own opinions with out you pointing them out and saying we are insane?

TP wasnt great looking to me compared to other games. Even a Gen before TP. Im talking about NGC. Not Xbox or PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom