• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gold Skulltula, Skulltula Houses, or Poes?

In Ocarina of Time you hunt Gold Skulltula's
In Majors Mask, you hunt them down in Houses
In Twilight Princess, you hunt Poes
What one did you have the most fun hunting down, and if you could pick one to be in Skyward sword what would it be?:cool:

I liked hunting down the gold skulltulas in both ocarina of time and majora's mask. I'd give a warm welcome to them in swkyward sword, with my blade! Overworld ones were nice, as were the houses. I didn't like collecting poes in either games though.

Din Akera

Sniper
Easy answer. Poes. I like the thrill of battle, and the poes put up a fight. The poes in TP over the Poes in OoT were fantastic. I like Poes a lot. I also really enjoy 'the hunt' as you called it. Lol. I feel like a preditor saying it like that. But it is true. I really enjoyed having to search and I would get excited when I found one. This went for the gold skultullas as well. The spider houses in MM were really boring in my opinion.

I would really love to see the return of the poes in TP in SS.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I haven't played TP, but going by Din Akera's post, the Poe hunting sounds like it would be my favorite since they apparently put up a fight. I also agree about the spider houses in MM ... they don't really appeal to me all that much. Maybe it's has to do with the fact that the entire hunt takes place in one location opposed to being spread out over the entire land, which just gives it kind of a 'mini dungeon' feel to the sidequest instead of an all out scavenger hunt like the OoT Skulltulas.

I like the hunting part, but I wished they made a symbol when you collect all the Poes in a dungeon or area like they do with the Gold skulltulas.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I wanna see Gold Skulltella I had lots of fun finding them but could never find all 100 (without using the glitch)

I loved all three of these things, but the Gold Skulltulas from Ocarina of Time are my favorite. They had the most depth, IMO, because they had a system of rules on how they were hidden and there were a lot in every area, so it was a lot of fun searching them out. I did however like the Spider Houses in Majora's Mask, especially the Oceanside Spider House, which had a creepy, unique atmosphere that I loved to death. :lol:

I don't think you can necessarily compare the Skulltulas to the Spider Houses, though. The Gold Skulltulas and Poe Souls are major collectibles. There's lots of them, many rewards, and they're strewn throughout the overworld. The Spider Houses are two isolated mini-dungeons... or mini-games... and they each only have a single prize. They're only related due to the presence of the Gold Skulltulas.

Easy answer. Poes. I like the thrill of battle, and the poes put up a fight.
I would've agreed with you except I thought the Poes in Twilight Princess were really simple to fight. I would've loved it if they all fought differently, or at least had a few different versions you'd encounter from time to time.

As for whether which I'd like to see in Skyward Sword? None of them. I want Skyward Sword to try something new. I do want a major collectible like this, but I don't want them to re-use the same concept from an earlier game. ;)

PS: Also, the Golden Bugs in Twilight Princess were fairly related as well.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I actually really liked the idea of the Skulltula houses. I know they didn't involve a huge quest like the other two, but it required the houses they were in to be very interactive due to the small size of the area and the large amount of hiding places needed. I like a high density of secrets.

While I do agree with Axle that I want something new in Skyward Sword, if I had to pick one, I'd like something similar in concept. Perhaps just one larger house as a sidequest, and the items we were collecting wouldn't have to be evil - just small and compact enough to hide a lot of them.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I liked the Poes the best because it was the hardest. Why?
1. You could only get them at night.
2. The only trace of them was a faint lantern
3. You had to be a wolf
4.If you see it and can't get it by dawn you have to wait until the next night.
The thing that sucked was the reward.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I highly agree with Axle The Beast with the fact that the best option would be for Skyward Sword to try something new, a different major collectible, but also a different style of collecting, not putting Gold Skulltulas scattered along the overworld (which kind of copied the Seashells), or a mini-dungeon to go hunt thirty Gold Skulltulas.

But, if I had to choose one (although I only have two options because I've never played Twilight Princess), I would definitely choose Ocarina of Time's Gold Skulltulas, because of their quantity and the way they were scattered, following certain systems or just being randomnly positioned somewhere.

Why? Because collecting a hundred Gold Skulltulas is a lot of fun, and is a really heavy task to accomplish, which I love, being so that I love side-quests and most importantly major side-quests. I also liked how the rewards were each time better as you collected more Gold Skulltulas, which encouraged you to try to take the reward (although the last reward is... well, I won't spoil it, but I didn't really like it). You also had the benefit of getting things you could use latter in the game, that is, the wallets and that stone you get when you hunt down twenty Golden Skulltulas. The stone revealed a lot of secrets, which is something very rewarding, and the wallets allowed you to store a lot of money, so you could buy items of, for example, one hundred or two hundred rupees, an amount you couldn't pay if you still had your limited ninety nine rupees wallet.

I also choose this option over the Golden Skulltula Houses because all of the Golden Skulltulas in Majora Mask are concentarted in two places. This makes them easy to find, as they are limited to a realitvely samll place. You also knew ehere to find them: if Majora Mask would hsd gotten more Golden Skulltula Houses, and if they would have been really well hidden, I think they would have gotten my vote. It would also be a positive plus if some more Golden Skulltulas would have been scattered over Termina.

So, as already stated, my vote goes to Ocarina of Time's Golden Skulltulas.

I agree with FlagPole, I love what you wrote it seems the houses were to easy. would you like there to be more then 100, or 60 like the poes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom