• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games That You Want to Happen

Each new year we get new announcements for games, a lot are predictable, and there are some surprises. Old franchises brought back from the dead, existing sequels and new IPs. but what game do you want to happen?
personally, i would kill for a true new Jak and Dexter game from Naughty Dog. Stupid dumb spin-offs aside, there hasn't been a Jak game since 2004. the series is amazing, and it would be a shame if ND will just kill of these characters. with all the things they learned from making Uncharted, i would love to see a stunning, cinematic action platformer like only ND can do. PS3, Vita or evan as an early release on the PS4.
The good news are that an HD collection for the series was just released and as history proves the road from an HD collection to a new Game is short one indeed. But i don't want this great franchise handed to other developers, Jak and Dexter more then deserve a fine treatment from Naughty Dog.
I also want to see a Skyward Sword sequel. Skyward Sword did a lot of things mighty right, but i felt there was room for improvement. the gamplay mechanics, story, art direction and level design where the absolute best in series history in my eyes, but i felt that the overworld and exploration where kind of missed opportunities. Think of how great it will be, a Skyward Sword successor, that keeps the amazing gameplay and art of SS with the WII U's power, just fantastic. this should also be developed in collaboration with Retro too

What about you guys?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I really would want Square Enix to work on a third Valkyrie Profile game, with Hrist as the main character, or Lenneth for that matter. I would also like to see Gladius remade for the Xbox360 but better and with the option to edit everything from the school, even the fighters and weapons, etc. Those two games were awesome!!!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I also want to see a Skyward Sword sequel. Skyward Sword did a lot of things mighty right, but i felt there was room for improvement. the gamplay mechanics, story, art direction and level design where the absolute best in series history in my eyes, but i felt that the overworld and exploration where kind of missed opportunities. Think of how great it will be, a Skyward Sword successor, that keeps the amazing gameplay and art of SS with the WII U's power, just fantastic. this should also be developed in collaboration with Retro too.

As a matter of fact, I've read responses from multiple fans that they'd like Retro to hold off from making or collaborate in the making of a Zelda game and work instead on--with Nintendo's consent--reviving some old and almost forgotten franchises. Retro already achieved this for the Donkey Kong Country segment of the DK series, and they executed it marvelously, in my opinion. That fuels my belief that they could easily go for other titles, such as StarFox, which needs a revamp badly, or F-Zero, which is said to be closing down. Hopefully a procedure such as this would help generate interest back to those respective groups, in addition to a fresh perspective. Besides, I doubt Zelda suffers from going out anytime soon. ;)

Last edited:
I honestly would like nothing more than new Star Fox and F-Zero installments for the Wii U at this point. Those games would look spectacular!

Also, another 2D Metroid needs to happen as well as Wario Land 5, which I have been yearning for since the release of 4 over a decade ago. Metal Gear Solid 5 is another long overdue title.

Games I want to happen include...

1. Bloody Roar 5
  2. Guilty Gear
  3. Killer Instinct
  4. F-Zero
  5. Final Fantasy IV 2 (FF9 had a cliffhanger ending)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I would love to see Silicon Knights make an Eternal Darkness sequel. More time periods, more scare/insanity tricks, and a new compelling story all in HD! Other than that I'd love to see Sega make another Streets of Rage game for the PSN and XBOX Arcade. Give us all the characters (removing Max from part 3 was really stupid), new graphics, better combat system, new melee weapons, and music as great as Streets of Rage 2 and I'm good.

MW7

I'd want a new Donkey Kong game in the style of DK 64.

Also I'd love it if Nintendo made kind of a spin-off Zelda game in the same vein of New Super Mario Bros. or Donkey Kong Country Returns. It would have ALTTP graphics and be an extremely open game like the original LOZ. There would be tons of secrets in the overworld and a ton of dungeons. Also the 2nd quest would be a real 2nd quest like in the original game.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I really want to see Kingdom Hearts III come out already. We've been waiting for it since II came out almost 7 years ago. That's not a long time at all.

Other then that, I want to see Golden Sun 4. Mainly because the ending of Dark Dawn made me pretty mad.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Psychonauts 2.

Bonus points if they do actually get Notch involved.

Any game such as Skyrim or Fallout really. I love those expansive unending RPG's to no tommorow. I prefer the theme of Skyrim more so then Fallout, though. I grew up with a game called Runescape and it reminded me of that sort of and it was a nice nostaliga going through my mind when I played it.

Psychonauts 2.

Bonus points if they do actually get Notch involved.

This. NOTCH YOU ARE A WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING *tear*

Oh, and uh... Kingdom Hearts III. Which Sqeenix should be starting soon. >:

EDIT: A few other things... Portal 3 (WANT WANT WANT), and a GOOD Star Ocean game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom